X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by tman28 View Post

You think Mankato could beat Drake in most years? I do but think it would be close. Now the question is could MSU being the top football school in the NSIC beat San Diego (the top non scholorship d 1) every year. Who would win more?
    I'll take Mankato in that matchup (USD). I just haven't been impressed with that league, while being FCS. They've had their moments but seldom win a playoff game. Massey has the Mavs by a touchdown as well..and Mavs teams of the past were even better. Drake is a spot down from San Diego. Not that it matters..as I don't see the NSIC playing against that league. I think St Thomas will be running that league shortly.

So who's the Duluth opponent..? I'm guessing one of the far north GLIAC teams, given the close distance up there from Duluth.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
    Too bad the open dates don't match up, otherwise a Northwestern-USF contest would relive those great NAIA grudge-match games of yore.
    I coulda pulled out my Red Raider Hater shirt.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by tman28 View Post

You think Mankato could beat Drake in most years? I do but think it would be close. Now the question is could MSU being the top football school in the NSIC beat San Diego (the top non scholorship d 1) every year. Who would win more?
    Year after year, USD. I was in Fargo to see the Bison playoff win over San Diego. They actually gave them a much better game than Albany and Mississippi Valley State, who I saw in the regular season, did. San Diego has a lot of recruiting advantage. Drake would be pretty close, I wouldn't be intimidated by them. Look how fast St Thomas has risen up in the Pioneer.

Leave a comment:

• tman28
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Might have been a better matchup than the Northwestern at Drake game. I'm picking Northwestern in that game.

Leave a comment:

• debergfan
    replied
    Delta state is open week 1

but who has the budget to travel all over?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Too bad the open dates don't match up, otherwise a Northwestern-USF contest would relive those great NAIA grudge-match games of yore.
    Might have been a better matchup than the Northwestern at Drake game. I'm picking Northwestern in that game.

Leave a comment:

• tman28
    replied
    That would of been hell if a lot if fun. And I believe both teams would have done it.... eh depending on who Northwestern brings back I might have favored them.

Leave a comment:

• badboyblynn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
    Looks like UMD has a week 1 out of conference game scheduled. Will be interesting to see them play someone other than NSIC teams.
    Neat.

Leave a comment:

• Umdfan35
    replied
    Looks like UMD has a week 1 out of conference game scheduled. Will be interesting to see them play someone other than NSIC teams.
    I am guessing NMU or MTU, where did you get the info?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Do tell

Leave a comment:

• BulldogFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'd even take one on the road as opposed to just not playing, as non-ideal as that would be.
    correct, road or home who cares. just need to play

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    SMSU should get a game schedule asap even if NAIA. You don't want to only play 10 games
    I'd even take one on the road as opposed to just not playing, as non-ideal as that would be.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    SMSU should get a game schedule asap even if NAIA. You don't want to only play 10 games

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X