Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I doubt that either conference wants that much travel North to South. I have a feeling the MIAA expansion might be more south but maybe looking at Wayne State..all things considered.
    It wouldn't be much extra travel if you stick to divisions and only cross over at season's end to get a champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It wouldn't be much extra travel if you stick to divisions and only cross over at season's end to get a champion.
      This already happens in most sports. It is called the Central Region. Football is different with the alignments, but that could be changing. I don't think a "superconference" with this many teams and land mass makes sense in D2. There are no mega TV contracts to be had at this level and it would trample on some of the regional rivalries. Mike Racy appears to be an ambitious dude, how long before he looks toward a D1 conference himself? However, as we have seen with D2 coaches, I'm guessing that leap would be even tougher for a conference commissioner to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Jamestown is not where USF was...

I'm personally not thrilled if this is happening but was probably only a matter of time. Might as well add Valley City, DWU, DSU, Mayville and Mount Marty.
        I agree the Jimmies are not where USF was, but I think Jamestown would be an adequate replacement for UIU.

Comment

• 3 pm. Central time???

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
            3 pm. Central time???
            Yes. CDT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I agree the Jimmies are not where USF was, but I think Jamestown would be an adequate replacement for UIU.
              I'd prefer something like Concordia to just bounce with upper iowa.

For what it's worth, Northern hasn't played any active school in hoops more than Jamestown so I guess can build on that...idk.

Also, Jamestown admin/staff is made up of a bunch of former Wolves and PC Saints

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I'm curious....I'm wondering if this is for an announcement for applying to D2..
                I'm not sure on the rules for D2, can a school just apply without a conference invitation?

Comment

I'd prefer something like Concordia to just bounce with upper iowa.

For what it's worth, Northern hasn't played any active school in hoops more than Jamestown so I guess can build on that...idk.

Also, Jamestown admin/staff is made up of a bunch of former Wolves and PC Saints
                  I'll go ahead and say it. UMC and SCSU need to bounce before CSP does but I wouldn't terribly miss CSP either

Comment

• Just a donation for Jamestown

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Just a donation for Jamestown
                      Jim and Candy Unruh Donate $15 Million - University of Jamestown (uj.edu)

Comment

• I agree bye bye to UMC and St. Cloud. No football

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                          I agree bye bye to UMC and St. Cloud. No football
                          Still leavea us uneven

Comment

Still leavea us uneven
                            Give Cloud an ultimatum football or leave conference.

Comment

• NSIC doesn't have the stones to do it, but it's what's right for the rest of us that aren't UMC.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I'm not sure on the rules for D2, can a school just apply without a conference invitation?
                                A conference invitation is a requirement for applying for D2 membership.

But, since the deadline for 2023-2024 application was in February, then it's probably a moot point at the moment. If Jamestown were to make a move for 2024-2025, then they'd probably make an announcement closer to February 2024 as opposed to now.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X