X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Has anyone seen any news about what the Northstar is planning to do about football only having 5 teams? I can't seem to find anything
    They are playing 10 games.

2 non conference games.

8 conference games (playing each team 2x - home and away)

Waldorf has their schedule up.

works short term. maybe not long term

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm not sure how Jamestown got into the GPAC, but I don't think that league would want to add a trip to Dickinson. Probably not Valley City or Mayville either. Dakota State would be a natural fit. Waldorf might be included but they would be the Upper Iowa of that league distance wise.
    I don't see how the Northstar survives with 7 schools (5 football playing). Vuterbo is way off on its own. They have to be looking elsewhere. That would leave the Northstar at 6/5

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Dang, they'd be better off merging with GPAC to get to 16. Maybe that will happen soon enough. Or maybe we just pluck up 2/3 schools from the GPAC and make spots available for them.
    I'm not sure how Jamestown got into the GPAC, but I don't think that league would want to add a trip to Dickinson. Probably not Valley City or Mayville either. Dakota State would be a natural fit. Waldorf might be included but they would be the Upper Iowa of that league distance wise.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Double round robin, that that only covers 8 games.
    Dang, they'd be better off merging with GPAC to get to 16. Maybe that will happen soon enough. Or maybe we just pluck up 2/3 schools from the GPAC and make spots available for them.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Has anyone seen any news about what the Northstar is planning to do about football only having 5 teams? I can't seem to find anything
    Double round robin, that that only covers 8 games.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I live 25 miles from Hutch, worked for a short time at Hutch Tech, have relatives there, spent more time than I can remember there. Nice old movie theater right across from the library square. Out of the west end of town on Highway 7 is my favorite restaurant, the Tokyo Grill. Hutch is a football POWER. Has 3M and a nice hospital.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune once had an article describing the county seat of Renville County, Olivia- as the ugliest main street in the state. That made me laugh- I thought about that as I drove through town on Tuesday night.
    Several other main streets in Renville County alone that are much less appealing :D

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    It's been over 30 years since I was sent to Hutchinson for 3 days to do a work project, I fell in love with the small city and thought it would be a great place to live. I sure hope that's still is true.
    I live 25 miles from Hutch, worked for a short time at Hutch Tech, have relatives there, spent more time than I can remember there. Nice old movie theater right across from the library square. Out of the west end of town on Highway 7 is my favorite restaurant, the Tokyo Grill. Hutch is a football POWER. Has 3M and a nice hospital.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune once had an article describing the county seat of Renville County, Olivia- as the ugliest main street in the state. That made me laugh- I thought about that as I drove through town on Tuesday night.

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

Do you pass through that town on the way from Minneapolis to Aberdeen? If so, I agree. Pretty nice town.
    Never driven that route myself, but I plugged it into Google Maps and if you take highway 7 across Minnesota you do pass through Hutchinson.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Hutch is a nice little town. Not much there from what I remember as it's been several years. They did (do) have a Target though, which was cool.

Leave a comment:

• TJE_
    replied
    Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I worked for Hutchinson Technology for 18 years at the Sioux Falls plant. Traveled up the corporate office more times than I can count. Not a bad town.
    Do you pass through that town on the way from Minneapolis to Aberdeen? If so, I agree. Pretty nice town.

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    It's been over 30 years since I was sent to Hutchinson for 3 days to do a work project, I fell in love with the small city and thought it would be a great place to live. I sure hope that's still is true.
    I worked for Hutchinson Technology for 18 years at the Sioux Falls plant. Traveled up the corporate office more times than I can count. Not a bad town.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied
    Hutch is a very cool Big-Small town. I always enjoy swinging through there.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Before moving here and after living her so many years only time I hear St. Cloud really referenced is for the Johnnies, every insult or joke (not including the Twin Cities) I have heard revolved around Willmar, Austin or Pipestone, in that order
    Worthington is one too.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X