Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

"Bad" seems harsh, can we go with "sub-optimal" or perhaps "less than ideal"? Haha.
    Sorry to say this..but when talking playoffs and the top teams in each Super Region....NSU is a bad loss. Period.

Anytime a squad loses to a squad that's .500 or less = bad loss..in the context of playoff squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Of course cherry picking stats can be a great thing.

Again thats is the issue with silo scheduling.

Augustana could finish 10-1 but could they beat a 3rd or 4th place MIAA team?

Is that truly a quality win?

Either way I win.

If the top 7 take care of business then it gets settled on the field and hopefully not with conference rematches.

If not then I get to see if I am right or Wit about that 7th team.
      Your dream for a 3rd LSC is a based on many moving pieces, all out of your control. Just wishful thinking.

Augustana could beat Emporia St. They've done it before, or could lose.

You have a fixation about Augustana losing and clearly doubt the teams abilities. Sure AU could lose to Northern and Angelo could lose to Midwestern..

Either way how do you win? BTW it is Witt with 2 t's

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

That’s so backwards, rewarding a loss over a win. A good loss is worth more than a mediocre win?? Don’t you play to win the game?

Also, to your previous post: what does it matter if Augie could beat the 3rd/4th best MIAA team? They are in SR3. Odd measuring stick for SR4 seeding.

Here is an example of the NSIC playing the LSC this year:
        • MSU blasted WOU
        • WOU played the LSC playoff teams close (7-17 / 16-28)
        • Augustana blasted MSU
        • Wayne beat Augustana

There is your direct non-conference comparison. It doesn’t hold up at all being the transitive property, but it’s direct between the conferences. That’s all that non-conference games can give us anyway, unless teams in question played each other. LSC and NSIC have played played each other this year. Many people think non-conference games tell the whole story. What story would that tell?

I hate silo scheduling as much as the next. But after MSU, I don’t care if any NSIC teams make it. Haha.
        We both have great points and we can agree to disagree.

Unless Augustana loses out then this is just good conversation.

Honestly in this region if you lose 3 games most years then there isn't a gripe.

I will say if scheduling never matters tell that to the 2011 Humboldt State (9-1) team and the 2014 Indianapolis (9-2) team.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Sorry to say this..but when talking playoffs and the top teams in each Super Region....NSU is a bad loss. Period.

Anytime a squad loses to a squad that's .500 or less = bad loss..in the context of playoff squads.

Us NSU fans don't know what you are referring to. Football teams are meant to play 11 games and then basketball season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Your dream for a 3rd LSC is a based on many moving pieces, all out of your control. Just wishful thinking.

Augustana could beat Emporia St. They've done it before, or could lose.

You have a fixation about Augustana losing and clearly doubt the teams abilities. Sure AU could lose to Northern and Angelo could lose to Midwestern..

Either way how do you win? BTW it is Witt with 2 t's
            It isnt a dream or a fixation.

Its simply a fun debate between SOS, Conference, silo, etc.

In the grand scheme of things I dont care about Angelo, Augustana, Wayne, etc. unless they are playing WT.

Since I joined this board in the mid 2000s I have enjoyed predicting the playoff teams and seedings and outcomes.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Us NSU fans don't know what you are referring to. Football teams are meant to play 11 games and then basketball season starts.
              This is by far the best post in the thread.

👍🏻👍🏻

Comment

Inkblot who I respect the heck out of with his numbers and also mine had Angelo ahead of Wayne.
                I should mention that my prediction for this week's complete top 10 (which is only on Patreon) had Wayne at 8th, so it's not like the committee went out on a limb.

Comment

Question: If Central Washington's loss to a 'good' NAIA team, Montana Tech (5-3, 4-2 in the Frontier), that will quite likely NOT make the NAIA post-season, does not hurt them in the Regional Rankings, why don't more D2 teams, (whose schedules allow), play good NAIA teams?

Valdosta State played NAIA runner-up Keiser last year and this. Games were fairly competitive each contest, but those match-ups are few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                    Question: If Central Washington's loss to a 'good' NAIA team, Montana Tech (5-3, 4-2 in the Frontier), that will quite likely NOT make the NAIA post-season, does not hurt them in the Regional Rankings, why don't more D2 teams, (whose schedules allow), play good NAIA teams?

Valdosta State played NAIA runner-up Keiser last year and this. Games were fairly competitive each contest, but those match-ups are few and far between.
                    The reason my guy Fouts is because that game doesn't count towards playoff criteria..NAIA games for D2 schools. So that hurts VSU..because it's one less win for them on their resume. They couldn't find a D2 that would play them..thus the NAIA games..they weren't seeking out Point and Kaiser.

MT Tech is a above average NAIA this year..a good one would be a playoff team. Tech having 3 losses means they are 4-3 without the CWU game..that makes them look all the more..not impressive if we are being frank. Considering how #13 SXU got destroyed by middle of the pack Saginaw Valley..that makes this CWU loss even seem worse.

While the numeric criteria doesn't include the Tech defeat....I think when it comes to everyone submitting their vote for the order of the playoff squads in SR4..I think that's when the voters cannot un-see that "bad" loss for what's otherwise an unbeaten D2 squad. This would further speak to them being 4th at the moment and not 2nd.

There's zero incentive for a D2 team to play an NAIA other than just filling a needed date in the schedule. I would be very open to taking games against FCS and NAIA into the body of work for a team..and considering them accordingly..but I don't see that occurring anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                      That happened more than two weeks ago, so you can't bring it up anymore otherwise you'll continue to hurt my feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

The reason my guy Fouts is because that game doesn't count towards playoff criteria..NAIA games for D2 schools. So that hurts VSU..because it's one less win for them on their resume. They couldn't find a D2 that would play them..thus the NAIA games..they weren't seeking out Point and Kaiser.

MT Tech is a above average NAIA this year..a good one would be a playoff team. Tech having 3 losses means they are 4-3 without the CWU game..that makes them look all the more..not impressive if we are being frank. Considering how #13 SXU got destroyed by middle of the pack Saginaw Valley..that makes this CWU loss even seem worse.

While the numeric criteria doesn't include the Tech defeat....I think when it comes to everyone submitting their vote for the order of the playoff squads in SR4..I think that's when the voters cannot un-see that "bad" loss for what's otherwise an unbeaten D2 squad. This would further speak to them being 4th at the moment and not 2nd.

There's zero incentive for a D2 team to play an NAIA other than just filling a needed date in the schedule. I would be very open to taking games against FCS and NAIA into the body of work for a team..and considering them accordingly..but I don't see that occurring anytime soon.
                        See? Hurting my feelings with facts.....................although, I'm told this game was scheduled at the last minute (at least in football timeline last minute) since Simon Fraser went all Hunger Games on us and killed off their team in the spring. ................BTW, I've never seen the Hunger Games, please correct me if I've used the movie incorrectly.

Comment

Unless Augustana loses out then this is just good conversation.
                          If you want to send the steaks to me, I will take them to Sioux Falls next time I drive up from Lubbock. I am sure Witt won't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post

If you want to send the steaks to me, I will take them to Sioux Falls next time I drive up from Lubbock. I am sure Witt won't mind.
                            Haha. There was only a bet if Augustana lost both games.

If they did then it was between Wayne State and Angelo State.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

That’s so backwards, rewarding a loss over a win. A good loss is worth more than a mediocre win?? Don’t you play to win the game?

Also, to your previous post: what does it matter if Augie could beat the 3rd/4th best MIAA team? They are in SR3. Odd measuring stick for SR4 seeding.

Here is an example of the NSIC playing the LSC this year:
                              • MSU blasted WOU
                              • WOU played the LSC playoff teams close (7-17 / 16-28)
                              • Augustana blasted MSU
                              • Wayne beat Augustana

There is your direct non-conference comparison. It doesn’t hold up at all being the transitive property, but it’s direct between the conferences. That’s all that non-conference games can give us anyway, unless teams in question played each other. LSC and NSIC have played played each other this year. Many people think non-conference games tell the whole story. What story would that tell?

I hate silo scheduling as much as the next. But after MSU, I don’t care if any NSIC teams make it. Haha.
                              This is how every fan should feel about their respective teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X