• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    No one wants to play the Mustangs?!
    Confirmed: No spring scrimmage for SMSU

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

MSU Spring Game (Squad) - April 13th

MSU vs Northern State - April 20th at Harrisburg HS....time tbd.
      And as a bonus, Ryan Schlichte will make his Mavs OC debut against his former team.

Comment

Originally posted by 34blast View Post
        Hearing Winona will scrimmage Upper Iowa in Winona
        https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ll_spring.aspx

This is the last release that I've seen from Winona....anything more about a scrimmage with UIU?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ll_spring.aspx

This is the last release that I've seen from Winona....anything more about a scrimmage with UIU?
          April 13 in Winona, sort of a controlled practice

April 20 Intra squad Spring Game

Comment

Sounds like BH won't be making it out for the scrimmage against the Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
              Sounds like BH won't be making it out for the scrimmage against the Vikings.
              Weather-related or other reason?

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post

Weather-related or other reason?
                I'm not sure I just saw it on their tweet yesterday
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Augie is scrimmaging with NWMSU on the 13th at 1pm in Maryville.

Comment

Would love to be there as I'm curious to see QB's. I have no insight who in the lead for the position.

Comment

Between the BHSU falling through..and then this....quite the changes. Appreciate you giving us a heads up.

Comment

Enjoyed my time in Maryville this past weekend. It was pretty much a combined practice with a little bit of scrimmaging mixed in. Here are my takeaways from the team sessions:
                        1. NWMSU is a good team. Top 10 team beats Mankato week 1.
                        2. That d-line gave our young o-line fits at times. AU only has two guys back with any real experience. But did well at times!
                        3. Didn't run that well. I guess I have higher expectations from UMinn transfer.
                        4. WR room is loaded with athletes. Fischer and Bauer weren't there but still looked good.
                        5. Not sold on QB play. I like one of them better than the other but we'll see what the coaches decide.
                        6. I thought the front 7 played well. I like the LB transfer from UM Larson.
                        7. Not sold on the back half of the defense yet. Have the best safety in the NSIC though. Buckley is good!

Comment

UMD scrimmage with BSU on Wednesday. The weather looks bad - heavy rain and 20-30mph wind throughout the day. My guess is they limit or cancel it. I was interested to see if Walljasper was going to be suited up and able to actively participate.

Comment

Enjoyed my time in Maryville this past weekend. It was pretty much a combined practice with a little bit of scrimmaging mixed in. Here are my takeaways from the team sessions:
                            2. That d-line gave our young o-line fits at times. AU only has two guys back with any real experience. But did well at times!
                            3. Didn't run that well. I guess I have higher expectations from UMinn transfer.
                            4. WR room is loaded with athletes. Fischer and Bauer weren't there but still looked good.
                            5. Not sold on QB play. I like one of them better than the other but we'll see what the coaches decide.
                            7. Not sold on the back half of the defense yet. Have the best safety in the NSIC though. Buckley is good!
                            Not being able to run it well against NW probably has more to do with NW than AU, tbh. Their run D is always crazy good. They do get burned by running qb's at times, though.

Comment

Our guy Brandon was there for the game and kinda spoke to the NW DL being much of the story..but Augie has some key losses on the OL for sure. They have some re-load occurring on offense.

I posted a lot of photos on social media....as I was taking them during MSUM at USF. Feel free to cruise my twitter for those as it would take me another hour to post here.

FWIW..I'd say USF and Moorhead were pretty even overall....both offenses were better than worse, MSUM with Jack Strand in the air finding the open man..and USF with the running game and their new addition Christian Nash, from NIU.

https://twitter.com/WittD2Football

Comment

This coming Saturday (4/20) we have the following..for shared practice/scrimmages between programs..

Northern State vs MSU Mankato (2pm) in Harrisburg SD (neutral site) - Tom and I will be in attendance and I will grab some pics.

Chadron State at Wayne State

..this last Saturday we also had Upper Iowa at Winona State..not much about that on socials..and the same with UNK vs CSP in Council Bluffs IA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X