Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
    UMD scrimmage with BSU on Wednesday. The weather looks bad - heavy rain and 20-30mph wind throughout the day. My guess is they limit or cancel it. I was interested to see if Walljasper was going to be suited up and able to actively participate.
    This is too bad....I was kinda hoping there'd be some coverage (in some manner) of this one..as it's one of the more interesting matchups we had this Spring. Having it on a Wednesday is....different.

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
      Enjoyed my time in Maryville this past weekend. It was pretty much a combined practice with a little bit of scrimmaging mixed in. Here are my takeaways from the team sessions:
      1. NWMSU is a good team. Top 10 team beats Mankato week 1.
      2. That d-line gave our young o-line fits at times. AU only has two guys back with any real experience. But did well at times!
      3. Didn't run that well. I guess I have higher expectations from UMinn transfer.
      4. WR room is loaded with athletes. Fischer and Bauer weren't there but still looked good.
      5. Not sold on QB play. I like one of them better than the other but we'll see what the coaches decide.
      6. I thought the front 7 played well. I like the LB transfer from UM Larson.
      7. Not sold on the back half of the defense yet. Have the best safety in the NSIC though. Buckley is good!
      Thanks for the report. Who exactly took snaps at quarterback? And which did like better?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
        This coming Saturday (4/20) we have the following..for shared practice/scrimmages between programs..

Northern State vs MSU Mankato (2pm) in Harrisburg SD (neutral site) - Tom and I will be in attendance and I will grab some pics.

Chadron State at Wayne State

..this last Saturday we also had Upper Iowa at Winona State..not much about that on socials..and the same with UNK vs CSP in Council Bluffs IA.
        Here's a little summary of UNK-CSP from the Kearney perspective: https://ruralradio.com/krvn/news/unk...ing-scrimmage/

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

Thanks for the report. Who exactly took snaps at quarterback? And which did like better?
          All five QB's on the roster took snaps but Scholten and Hensley took the majority of them. Both of the freshman changed numbers since last year and I don't know which one was which but they both got a number of reps. I think Scholten will be the starter but I hope Hensley gets a fair shake to win the job this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
            UMD scrimmage with BSU on Wednesday. The weather looks bad - heavy rain and 20-30mph wind throughout the day. My guess is they limit or cancel it. I was interested to see if Walljasper was going to be suited up and able to actively participate.
            it will go on as long as there is no lightning

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

it will go on as long as there is no lightning
              Spoke to someone on staff for the game today..they said while it's raining now and during the day..should clear up late afternoon....and its still on for today.

Comment

Lakeland News out of Bemidji said on their sports segment that the BSU/UMD scrimmage will be on My9 out of Duluth as well as streamed on the NSIC Network.
                Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                  Lakeland News out of Bemidji said on their sports segment that the BSU/UMD scrimmage will be on My9 out of Duluth as well as streamed on the NSIC Network.
                  Millsy, much appreciate the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                    What time again?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

What time again?
                      Found the link for BSU-UMD scrimmage stream on UMD athletic website\ 5pm

2023 Football Schedule - UMD Athletics (umdbulldogs.com)

Comment

MARSHALL – Southwest Minnesota State University head football coach Scott Underwood announced the program will hold a Spring Scrimmage this Friday at The Schwan Regional Event Center beginning at 5 p.m.
                        The scrimmage is expected to last 60-75 minutes and will feature a basic offense versus defense format.
                        The scrimmage is free and open to the public. Support the Mustangs and get an early look at the 2024 squad!

Comment

Spring football games are way better than inter squad scrimmages. Love that they are allowed to do these again

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                            Spring football games are way better than inter squad scrimmages. Love that they are allowed to do these again
                            I knew that with Walljasper not playing that UMD wouldn't be their usual self but it made for interesting watching. BSU still filling the air with passes. Fun to watch for us football addicts.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I knew that with Walljasper not playing that UMD wouldn't be their usual self but it made for interesting watching. BSU still filling the air with passes. Fun to watch for us football addicts.
                              Kyle will be ready in the fall, better than ever, great leader, too. Both teams Offenses were clicking.

Comment

41-27 BSU..by my tally during the "game". I found it more interesting than I was anticipating..it was very game-like for the brunt of it. If I'm UMD, I'm a bit concerned with how the Beavers easily moved and scored on nearly every possession..and 3 long scores in the passing game. Both teams were sitting out their top guys, best I could tell. BSU seemed motivated to get McGath (QB) more #1 game reps..as he was often the wildcat guy for them on a weekly basis otherwise. He was impressive..hitting his first 3 or 4 passes right away and looking sharp..as did the 2nd and 3rd guys at signal caller. It felt like BSU was saying to everyone, "don't expect a down year without our gunslinger Alt.." UMD also had some strong moments, mostly in the running game. They missed a deep shot on the 2nd play of the deal to Ames that would've been a long score. I thought their QB's looked better than worse but their backs showed potential.

All said, I think it was very beneficial to both teams..especially since they don't meet during the year..which is dumb..but it's the last year of this schedule model and then hopefully things are better.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X