Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 0 - Approved for games (immediately)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like an exciting schedule with a bye week before entertaining Augustana. Mavs would like to avenge that playoff loss. Expect MSU to represent the NSIC well against NWMSU.

Comment

Barring any unforeseen challenges derailing my plans....I'm looking to head down to the KC area for a 2-game weekend during the Week 0 window....MSU at NWMSU on Thursday..then Ferris State at Pitt State on Saturday. Just stay in the KC area and hang out with my guy Brandon a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
        Barring any unforeseen challenges derailing my plans....I'm looking to head down to the KC area for a 2-game weekend during the Week 0 window....MSU at NWMSU on Thursday..then Ferris State at Pitt State on Saturday. Just stay in the KC area and hang out with my guy Brandon a bit.
        There wouldn't be any BBQ eating contest being entered?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I recommend the spicy pan fried chicken dinner from Strouds, along with their killer cinnamon rolls. Most everyone leaves that restaurant with a bag of leftovers. The challenge is for Brandon and Witt not to.
          Last edited by Tundra_Man; 02-06-2024, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I think our day of food challenges is over my friend. I will never forgot the look on his face when I tried to get us pumped up for a second wind during the pizza challenge..his eyes were saying "knock yourself out Witt.." Not to mention, that was done for sponsor promotion. If we get a strong food sponsor in the KC area..then we'll talk.

While I'm sure our meals will be mapped out strategically, I will make note of your wisdom Tundra. What you described for Strouds is fat-people-food 101..with a little spicy washed down with sweet. I like it.

Comment

While I'm sure our meals will be mapped out strategically, I will make note of your wisdom Tundra. What you described for Strouds is fat-people-food 101..with a little spicy washed down with sweet. I like it.
              I heartily recommend it. Best spicy fried chicken I've ever had. This picture doesn't include the big salad I'd already wolfed down:

Comment

It's weird how the departure of UIU to the GLVC and the departure of Lincoln-MO/Northeastern State from the MIAA has opened up so many non-conference opportunities. Mankato at Northwest and Ferris at Pitt State mark an epic start to the 2024 season.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I think our day of food challenges is over my friend. I will never forgot the look on his face when I tried to get us pumped up for a second wind during the pizza challenge..his eyes were saying "knock yourself out Witt.." Not to mention, that was done for sponsor promotion. If we get a strong food sponsor in the KC area..then we'll talk.

I've been to Strouds. It's good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                    I heartily recommend it. Best spicy fried chicken I've ever had. This picture doesn't include the big salad I'd already wolfed down:

You were at the one up north by me, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You were at the one up north by me, right?
                      Yes. I've been to that location twice now.

I rode by the one in Overland Park in 2022, but I was way behind schedule so I opted to not stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Yes. I've been to that location twice now.

I rode by the one in Overland Park in 2022, but I was way behind schedule so I opted to not stop.
                        It's way more corporate anyway. The one up north feels like you're in an old house.

Comment

• I didn’t read through this entire thread, but could conferences bump up their schedules to leave the final week open for say a conference championship game? If so, would that be a benefit or could it hurt the losing teams chances of getting in the playoffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
                            I didn’t read through this entire thread, but could conferences bump up their schedules to leave the final week open for say a conference championship game? If so, would that be a benefit or could it hurt the losing teams chances of getting in the playoffs?
                            They can't add a 12th game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
                              I didn’t read through this entire thread, but could conferences bump up their schedules to leave the final week open for say a conference championship game? If so, would that be a benefit or could it hurt the losing teams chances of getting in the playoffs?
                              I don't think there is any benefit in doing that. Can't risk someone losing an extra game that isn't necessary or someone getting hurt.
                              The MIAC does one in week 10 but they also match up the other teams. So its 1 vs1, 2 vs 2,.... I'm guessing since it's only 10 game seasons plus an additional game for everyone they are allowed to do it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X