Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 0 - Approved for games (immediately)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

You know why Baptists don't have sex standing up?

They're afraid that it might lead to dancing.

I'll show myself out (even though it was a Baptist who told me that).
    Every cut footloose

Comment

Looks like BSU could try and go with Lincoln (MO) from the GLVC, or Northeastern St (IND) for a week 6 game (October 12). If scheduling stayed the same, the Beavers could set up a home and home with Northeastern for 2024 and 2025 according to the open dates listed.

Northeastern would be a 920 mile, one way trip.

Lincoln would be a 720 mile, one way trip.

Otherwise it is a Week 0 option, which I would tend to bet would be an NSIC team. I think a week 0 game and then a bye at week 6 would be advantageous from a health standpoint.
      Last edited by Millsy; 01-24-2024, 09:11 AM.
      Millsy

Comment

Heard of a big opener for Week 0 for the Mavs....I mean BIG. However, I have not been allowed to disclose it.

Comment

FWIW....I think at least 50% of the schools in D2 look at W0 as an open date right now..they just haven't all communicated with us their "open date".

I do think the NSIC teams will stay within reasonable driving distance with these dates....and maybe some who've already got a game on contract for their date, could move it to W0..to create a bye week in the season. (unless the host school already has made plans and put $$ into the hosting date during the year)

Just a few things to keep in mind. This Week 0 thing will be fun to track/watch..as I'm expecting a mix of scenarios with maybe a few schools playing outside D2 also.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            Heard of a big opener for Week 0 for the Mavs....I mean BIG. However, I have not been allowed to disclose it.
            If D2, Grand Valley? Otherwise I'm thinking FCS...or really BIG, Alabama?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

More of a jungle

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

More of a jungle
                Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

More of a jungle
                  We are hearing other rumors…

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

GVSU’s 2024 schedule is out, Mankato not on it, the do play U of Colorado Pueblo, UW LaCrosse ( D3), West FL, Central St. and NAIA Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

GVSU’s 2024 schedule is out, Mankato not on it, the do play U of Colorado Pueblo, UW LaCrosse ( D3), West FL, Central St. and NAIA Roosevelt
                      Roosevelt is actually a conference game for GVSU now. They're no longer NAIA as of summer 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Last year it would have been Northwest if a Week Zero game had been allowed. I've been to Maryville- that would be a good game- but other than driving through Pittburg, I haven't seen a game there and would like to put them on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Roosevelt is actually a conference game for GVSU now. They're no longer NAIA as of summer 2024.
                          Good to know

Comment

​​​​​​
                            Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                            I believe my deepthroat gave me the wrong MIAA jungle dwelling mascot :)

https://trailers.getyarn.io/yarn-cli...0c3ffb1e16/gif
                            Last edited by Purple Mav Man; 01-26-2024, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I will say this as a former player, I would hope that my coaches and AD schedule the non conference game in week 0 so that you can have a bye week during the season. Playing through many injuries where key starters might not even practice to save themselves for games, having a bye week during the season would be amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4THEPAW View Post
                                I will say this as a former player, I would hope that my coaches and AD schedule the non conference game in week 0 so that you can have a bye week during the season. Playing through many injuries where key starters might not even practice to save themselves for games, having a bye week during the season would be amazing!!
                                I think this is kinda the spirit of Week 0....creating a flexibility to have an open week during the year..but to some extent, that might be only as good as the open week you currently have.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X