Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 0 - Approved for games (immediately)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

S&T is supposed to make a return trip to Wayne.......unless they get out of the contract.
    I'm just really surprised that the master schedule isn't out yet. Conference games should be set. At least release that

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I'm just really surprised that the master schedule isn't out yet. Conference games should be set. At least release that
      Wayne State announces 2024 schedule and also will host Chadron State in a spring controlled scrimmage on April 20

https://wscwildcats.com/news/2024/2/...wFj9HVwASVCM9o

Aug. 29: Missouri S&T
      Sept. 7: at MSU-Moorhead
      Sept. 14: Minnesota State-Mankato
      Sept. 21: at Winona State
      Sept. 28: (Bye)
      Oct. 5: Minot State
      Oct. 12: at Southwest Minnesota State
      Oct. 19: at Mary
      Oct. 26: Sioux Falls
      Nov. 2: at Bemidji State
      Nov. 9: Northern State
      Nov. 16: Concordia-St. Paul

Comment

• Augie at SDSU 9/14
        Michigan Tech @ Bemidji 8/29 updated 2/5
        Concordia @ Upper Iowa 9/7 updated 2/21
        Jamestown at Mary 8/29 updated 3/22
        UMD @ Northern Michigan Week 0 updated 2/4
        MSU-Mankato @ Northwest MO 8/29 6 PM updated 2/6
        MSU-Moorhead @McKendree 9/21 updated 2/21
        Valley City St @ Minot St 8/29
        Northern St @ South Dakota 8/29 USF @ St Thomas Week 0
        UN-Kearney @ Southwest MN St 10/5
        MO S&T @ Wayne St vs MO S&T 8/29 updated 2/29
        Saginaw Valley St @ Winona St 9/7 updated 2/5
        Last edited by laker; 03-22-2024, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Wayne State announces 2024 schedule and also will host Chadron State in a spring controlled scrimmage on April 20

https://wscwildcats.com/news/2024/2/...wFj9HVwASVCM9o

Aug. 29: Missouri S&T
          Sept. 7: at MSU-Moorhead
          Sept. 14: Minnesota State-Mankato
          Sept. 21: at Winona State
          Sept. 28: (Bye)
          Oct. 5: Minot State
          Oct. 12: at Southwest Minnesota State
          Oct. 19: at Mary
          Oct. 26: Sioux Falls
          Nov. 2: at Bemidji State
          Nov. 9: Northern State
          Nov. 16: Concordia-St. Paul
          Shame that Augustana does not play Wayne St. Their games have been entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
            So Mary is the only one that we don't have?

Augie at SDSU 9/14
            Michigan Tech @ Bemidji 8/29 updated 2/5
            Concordia @ Upper Iowa 9/7 updated 2/21
            Mary ? Last years bye week was Week 8 vs Davenport
            UMD @ Northern Michigan Week 0 updated 2/4
            MSU-Mankato @ Northwest MO 8/29 6 PM updated 2/6
            MSU-Moorhead @McKendree 9/21 updated 2/21
            Valley City St @ Minot St 8/29
            Northern St @ South Dakota 8/29 USF @ St Thomas Week 0
            UN-Kearney @ Southwest MN St 10/5
            MO S&T @ Wayne St vs MO S&T 8/29 updated 2/29
            Saginaw Valley St @ Winona St 9/7 updated 2/5
            Yes, they're either getting a Week 0 game or Week 8 game.
            I have the rest of the conferences scheduled mapped out on a spreadsheet.

Week 0 is an option for Mary @ Davenport, or Week 8 vs NWMSU lol
            Last edited by zimmy21; 02-29-2024, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Shame that Augustana does not play Wayne St. Their games have been entertaining.
              Have the same feeling

Comment

Yes, they're either getting a Week 0 game or Week 8 game.
                I have the rest of the conferences scheduled mapped out on a spreadsheet.

Week 0 is an option for Mary @ Davenport, or Week 8 vs NWMSU lol
                Does NWMSU only have 10 games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Does NWMSU only have 10 games?
                  Not after checking.

There are several Week 0 games available but most are unrealistic travel save for Emporia State, but they want a 2 year deal, and I doubt we have open weeks when Jamestown unfortunately shows up

Comment

Not after checking.

There are several Week 0 games available but most are unrealistic travel save for Emporia State, but they want a 2 year deal, and I doubt we have open weeks when Jamestown unfortunately shows up
                    This is still the worst part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

This is still the worst part.
                      Do you think the NSIC will turtle up and go to.a silo.when they show up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah, I do. Easy scheduling for league office, that's more important than fun for players and fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Theres really not many other reasons to take them in other than to ‘make things easier’. So, yes, I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Yeah, I do. Easy scheduling for league office, that's more important than fun for players and fans.
                            In the past I would've completely agreed with this..but I think there's some positive momentum built up with the Week 0 thing now..and it creating a possible open date scenario in the 2025 and 2026 schedule that can be planned for....right around the middle of the year..maybe week 5-6 (or so) which would gave a break from gameplay mid-year..while also allowing teams to find an 11th opponent for W0 to their liking. Some of the top teams might wanna test themselves OOC or FCS..possible $$ game also..and some of the lowers might wanna likely-win to start the year off, when those W's are hard to come by in-conference.

In speaking with coaches over the last few months, it felt like positive mojo was being built towards the 1 OOC game a year..and that the W0 thing helps with that. The MIAA and GLIAC should hope for this also..as the NSIC is a nice option for both that typically doesn't require a flight ($$$$).

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

In the past I would've completely agreed with this..but I think there's some positive momentum built up with the Week 0 thing now..and it creating a possible open date scenario in the 2025 and 2026 schedule that can be planned for....right around the middle of the year..maybe week 5-6 (or so) which would gave a break from gameplay mid-year..while also allowing teams to find an 11th opponent for W0 to their liking. Some of the top teams might wanna test themselves OOC or FCS..possible $$ game also..and some of the lowers might wanna likely-win to start the year off, when those W's are hard to come by in-conference.

In speaking with coaches over the last few months, it felt like positive mojo was being built towards the 1 OOC game a year..and that the W0 thing helps with that. The MIAA and GLIAC should hope for this also..as the NSIC is a nice option for both that typically doesn't require a flight ($$$$).
                              Am I crazy to think that the MIAA not being silo makes it a higher chance that the NSIC will choose the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Am I crazy to think that the MIAA not being silo makes it a higher chance that the NSIC will choose the same?
                                Well....when it comes down to the coaches voting on a schedule format..I think a few of them think of that, but I've kinda found over the years it's "how does this impact us as a program?" That said, of course the MIAA being open for play sure makes things easier.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X