Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    There's a difference between the number of player receiving scholarship $ and the max number of scholarship equivalencies a school can offer. The max number of equivalencies is static across the DII landscape regardless of the tuition charged by individual schools. A DII coach can, and often does split scholly's into partial's that he can give across the whole team. Take you observation about Clarion having only 3 schollys. That may be true but the HC could still put all 12 of his players on scholly...but only 25% schollys. A fully funded team like IUP could likewise put all 12 of its players on scholly but there schollys would be for 83% of their tuition.
    Yep. And I assume the loophole the elite PSAC programs work is the academic money angle to offset the difference.

Take Cobo for instance ... dual major with a 4.0 GPA. I'm sure they found him academic money to offset Joe's piggy bank.

The late signing from Niagara, Diop, is an academic whiz ... speaks 6 languages. And, of course, has a 7' wing span.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Yep. And I assume the loophole the elite PSAC programs work is the academic money angle to offset the difference.

Take Cobo for instance ... dual major with a 4.0 GPA. I'm sure they found him academic money to offset Joe's piggy bank.

The late signing from Niagara, Diop, is an academic whiz ... speaks 6 languages. And, of course, has a 7' wing span.

Here’s the better question.. When’s the last player on Joe’s team to not make the grade? Thought the guy from NYC a few years back, Bonafacio, might’ve flunked out, but he never stepped on the court anyways because he redshirted his freshman year.

Joe always has players who are really good students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
        Here’s the better question.. When’s the last player on Joe’s team to not make the grade? Thought the guy from NYC a few years back, Bonafacio, might’ve flunked out, but he never stepped on the court anyways because he redshirted his freshman year.

Joe always has players who are really good students.

You should see Tom's grade report. May not be one under 4.0

Comment

Tom is funny. He's got the premiere program at IUP (two straight region's and final four's) ... yet nobody talks about them.

He's loaded for the next several years, too.

Comment

Tom is funny. He's got the premiere program at IUP (two straight region's and final four's) ... yet nobody talks about them.

I don’t think it’s a “nobody talks about them” thing. I just think it’s a different fanbase. It is.

This thread has been going for years. There’s thousands of posts to it. Pages and pages and pages of posts. Perhaps it’s time to start a men’s thread and a women’s thread. I’m serious.

For the longest time, IUP Crimson Hawks was the big IUP WBB fan here, but he turned sour towards the program a few years ago. I’m not sure who else here is ardent supporters of IUP WBB - we all certainly root for them, but we don’t talk about them as much. I would say this forum is just filled with IUP fans, but primarily members of the “Flock of Joe.”

It’s always just seemed to be two entirely separate fan bases. This forum is no different.

Comment

That said, are there any thoughts as to what Irish Tom has next year? He’s got tools in the cupboard for sure, but does he have replacements ready for next year?

Comment

That said, are there any thoughts as to what Irish Tom has next year? He’s got tools in the cupboard for sure, but does he have replacements ready for next year?

The Mascaro girl (Delaware transfer and local Yinzer) will be a Day 1 star.

He's loaded.

Comment

• Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's loaded.

It’s unfortunate that the Elite 8 in Columbus was just a one time deal. That was awesome for me.

Coworker: “What are you doing tonight?”

Me: “Going to the IUP game.”

When the football team went up to Ashland last year, that was so awesome for me. I looked forward to that for 3 years. I wish they would go to Ohio Dominican to play lol

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's loaded.
                    She'll also be something that the program badly needs----a knockout cover girl who is actually nice to look at!

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                      She'll also be something that the program badly needs----a knockout cover girl who is actually nice to look at!

-

Easy killer. She’s my cousin.

Comment

Easy killer. She’s my cousin.

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
                          Best comment of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
                            Dirty old man comment!

Comment

Story Links INDIANA, Pa. — After one of the finest seasons in IUP men's basketball program history, four Crimson Hawks recently signed contracts to begin their professional basketball careers overseas.

Jacobo Diaz signed with Marín Peixegalego (Spain), Dante Lombardi with S.C. Luistânia (Portugal), Willem Brandwijk with Feyenoord Sportando (Netherlands) and Marko Krivacevic with Szombathely Falco (Hungary).

https://iupathletics.com/news/2019/7...-overseas.aspx
                              Pete Sirianni. Digital Editor, New Castle News.

2016 IUP graduate. twitter.com/petersirianni.

Comment

• Does anybody know what the average salary (US dollars) is for some of the guys who go overseas and play? There’s so many of those pro leagues over there that outside of a few guys in a couple of the top leagues, they couldn’t be making much (although I don’t know for certain).

I guess it’s a is it “time to get on with your life’s work” discussion. I just don’t know what these guys make. I had heard Ashton Smith had made a name for himself and has made a nice living in Europe playing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X