Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iup basketball

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joe's up 38-10 about mid-way first half.

    Comment


    • Malik better realize he's not yet on the Globetrotters. LOL.

      Comment


      • Half

        IUP 60
        Clarion 25

        Comment


        • Come on, Joe. Empty the freaking bench.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Half

            IUP 60
            Clarion 25
            A little easier than the home game

            Comment


            • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Come on, Joe. Empty the freaking bench.
              We should be allowed to play in this one. LOL.

              -

              Comment


              • Final

                IUP 101
                Clarion 49

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

                  We should be allowed to play in this one. LOL.

                  -

                  I get Joe only dresses 9 guys. But, that's his choice. Playing your stars up 50 with 10 minutes to go is just ridiculous -- and playing with major fire. Need I remind anybody of the Goon Fest in Greensburg a couple years ago ... when Dante left with a broken wrist and Glover was suspended (and a season ruined)?

                  Let Glover, Benton and Ulrich play the final 10 minutes. There are no style points. You may need one of those three anyway in a big moment. Get them some actual game run.

                  Man ... watching Armoni and Malik drive the hole in to traffic up that many points ... drives me nuts. Not worth the risk.

                  Comment


                  • Cottrill and Rodriguez combine for 1 made FG. That’s a shocker. I guess it happens sometimes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post


                      I get Joe only dresses 9 guys. But, that's his choice. Playing your stars up 50 with 10 minutes to go is just ridiculous -- and playing with major fire. Need I remind anybody of the Goon Fest in Greensburg a couple years ago ... when Dante left with a broken wrist and Glover was suspended (and a season ruined)?

                      Let Glover, Benton and Ulrich play the final 10 minutes. There are no style points. You may need one of those three anyway in a big moment. Get them some actual game run.

                      Man ... watching Armoni and Malik drive the hole in to traffic up that many points ... drives me nuts. Not worth the risk.
                      There are two things that drive me nuts about Joe.

                      1) The redshirting of transfers when they are needed.
                      2) Playing all the starters when the game is well in hand. EMPTY THE BENCH!!! KEEP EVERY HEALTHY AND FRESH!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

                        There are two things that drive me nuts about Joe.

                        1) The redshirting of transfers when they are needed.
                        2) Playing all the starters when the game is well in hand. EMPTY THE BENCH!!! KEEP EVERY HEALTHY AND FRESH!!!
                        When it's all said and done, I think Joe will look back on how the Demo injury was handled and have deep regrets about it. Recall the day after they lost Demo ... they showed back up and blew East Stroudsburg out of the KCAC.

                        It was early enough in the season that activating one or both of the redshirts only would have cost them 4 games. I honestly think based on some comments Joe made at the time that he thought the season was kind of lost. And, then, of course, everything changed. Ethan Porterfield became a man seemingly overnight. Chucky's increased role saw big gains. Anthony White played like 2 minutes in the first 4 games and then instantly became a huge bench asset from the moment he was given an actual chance -- scoring 18 points against ESU in his debut. I think everybody around knew Anthony White could start for about 90% of teams in the PSAC -- yet he wasn't being given a true shot.

                        I know they went 'all in' last year -- and that was supposed to be his big team. Problem was, it wasn't. It had holes. This team has tremendously better overall guard play. This team is much better defensively -- and offensively. For being much smaller in size, this team rebounds much better and has night-and-day faster team speed. This team, right now, is Joe's highest-scoring team of his era. They are also giving up in the low- to mid-60s per game on defense -- an incredible number.

                        You can't play 'what if' now ... but, man, it'd make me feel a lot better to have just one more guy on the bench. And, for the crowd thinking the 6'10", 245 lb (ripped) Ousmane Diop must be some sort of 'project' player ... he's not. He's ready. In fact, those close to the program say he's a Day 1 starter in 2020-21 along with Ethan, Demo, Morris and Armoni. Imagine that post ... wow.

                        I don't know how far this group will go ... but if they stay healthy it's a scary bunch to play.

                        Comment


                        • The KCAC's favorite little whiney gal visits in 48 hours. Looking forward to it.


                          Ever seen Josh Wise blow up and shoot bricks? Tune in Saturday night.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            The KCAC's favorite little whiney gal visits in 48 hours. Looking forward to it.


                            Ever seen Josh Wise blow up and shoot bricks? Tune in Saturday night.
                            I'm sure he'll be in foul trouble too.

                            Comment


                            • All remaining tickets tonight are on sale for $3.

                              For you math people thats one heck of a discount (by KCAC standards). Fan Appreciation Night. Some concessions are reduced, too. You'll still be paying $9 for that 12 oz. Coors (plus tip). Can't win 'em all.

                              They are going for the record crowd tonight. IUP will need a juiced up venue. UPJ is coming here to win. Very important game for both teams. It should be a fantastic atmosphere and game.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                All remaining tickets tonight are on sale for $3.

                                For you math people thats one heck of a discount (by KCAC standards). Fan Appreciation Night. Some concessions are reduced, too. You'll still be paying $9 for that 12 oz. Coors (plus tip). Can't win 'em all.

                                They are going for the record crowd tonight. IUP will need a juiced up venue. UPJ is coming here to win. Very important game for both teams. It should be a fantastic atmosphere and game.
                                I still remember the time that I changed my name to Big Coors Light!

                                Looks like the IUP lasses won on this evening. Looks like they're stylin' thus far for that one seed to host the region. Stay tuned....

                                -

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X