Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iup basketball

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    IUP fans who made the trip just got the home crowd riled up lol
    I should have gone!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

      I should have gone!
      Fair weather fan!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

        Fair weather fan!
        Admittedly I have not attended an IUP basketball game since the mid 80’s.

        i didn’t really think about it.

        It sucks the ladies lost at home. It should have been a sweep.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
          Congrats, IUP. You were definitely the better club today. And yes, the officials did you no favors.
          .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

            Wrong..... the way I saw it IUP had the lead and 6 PFs in the 1st half. In the 2nd half GU settled down (great coach) and came on to their normal play. IUP got frustrated and started to take chances thus more of their fouls.
            How about 3 PFs against GU in one IUP possession?
            IUP outplayed GU in the 1st half but as GU showed there are two halves in a game.
            I think the best team won by far today.
            Recall GU losses came early when you had a new coach completely new system.
            The same group of gals that were so-so last yr, picked 6th pre-season.
            The last game GU played at Ed Fry was also close. IUP by 5. The 3 or 4 foul shots adding up.

            GU does "Believe in Cleve".
            I think his “congrats” was directed at the result of the men’s game. The women are usually discussed in the other thread, but there is some crossover.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              Congrats, IUP. You were definitely the better club today. And yes, the officials did you no favors.
              Officials sucked for both sides. The semifinals were actually two of the better officiated games I'd seen this season, but it went back to typical PSAC. Congrats to IUP. You had the best record and the best talent in the conference and deserved the championship. I think I'll spend the next two weeks having dreams about Ship missing free throws.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post

                I think his “congrats” was directed at the result of the men’s game. The women are usually discussed in the other thread, but there is some crossover.
                Agree, my error.

                Comment


                • Congrats to IUP men!

                  Comment


                  • So IUP should still get both regionals?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      So IUP should still get both regionals?
                      Hosts will be announced at 9:30 tonight! Who was on more solid footing … the men or the women?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

                        Hosts will be announced at 9:30 tonight! Who was on more solid footing … the men or the women?
                        Perhaps a split region with the #2 seeds hosting some first round games?

                        Comment


                        • Well, if we see Ship again it will be on our turf. Two games against them in Heiges was enough.

                          Can't say enough about Shawndale Jones. For the 'sixth man' to get PSAC Tournament MVP says a lot. There was no answer for him this weekend. If you wanna sellout on Malik and Armoni ... Shawndale will kill you. Off the boxscore is the fact he had to go down low and bang with Ethan and Chucky in (ticky tack) foul trouble.

                          The officiating unfortunately changed the whole game. Refs wanna be the damn show.

                          I actually thought Benton and Ulrich did fine today. Consider Ulrich hasn't played in like 6 games .... he went in there and banged. He gets called for breathing. He's a bit of a 'goon' out there. People feel it when he fouls them. Incredibly strong dude. Those two had to play. No choice. And, IUP was able to hold the lead while they were in the game. Shawn got a couple nice boards. He is a hack, though. Lol.

                          Chucky and Carlos Carter both had to sit a ton. Pretty heated game.

                          Comment


                          • And the men get the top seed as well. Congrats.

                            Comment


                            • Okay, so both the IUP men and women get a watered down version of hosting the regions with only four teams at each of their tourneys. Now how exactly does this work with the teams seemingly playing on the same days according to the schedule that I saw? Does one team get shoved into the Field House? I can't see how they can play all the games at the KCAC.

                              -

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                                Okay, so both the IUP men and women get a watered down version of hosting the regions with only four teams at each of their tourneys. Now how exactly does this work with the teams seemingly playing on the same days according to the schedule that I saw? Does one team get shoved into the Field House? I can't see how they can play all the games at the KCAC.

                                -
                                It’s basically the same as if there was one full regional. I assume the 2 women’s games on Friday will be in the afternoon and the men’s games that night. And then women’s semifinal followed by the men on Saturday.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X