Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iup basketball

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    You guys are talking about where Malik fits on your All-IUP team. Meanwhile this: https://hilltoppersports.com/news/20...-the-year.aspx

    If you ask me, your guy Malik got robbed. Bolon certainly had a nice season, and I didn't balk at his winning conference POY (although, NBA-wannabe Bledsoe did have a pretty dominant statistical year). But there's no way I saw Bolon as the top guy in the whole Region. If you'd have asked me last week who would win the Regional POY, I would have said Malik Miller in a heartbeat. I might have even said Biss was #2 before getting to Bolon.

    Again, don't get me wrong, I love watching Bolon play and I appreciate the effort he puts out every night. But it just didn't seem like he had that dominant, opponents-plan-for-you kinda year this year. Definitely happy for him. But surprised the Senior Miller--who had to be neck-and-neck with him in voters' eyes--didn't get the nod.

    But it's also entirely possible that I fail to appreciate what Bolon brings because I'm privileged to watch him every night out.
    All I’ll say is wow...

    Comment


    • Surprised Yoakum was left out. WL’s leading scorer and shooting percentages were crazy.

      Comment


      • You could argue Armoni was IUP's MVP this year. His stats were actually basically the same as Malik (with less TOs).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          You could argue Armoni was IUP's MVP this year. His stats were actually basically the same as Malik (with less TOs).
          But again, given Senior status, you can argue for choosing Malik over Armoni. I'm just not sure why they didn't use the same reasoning to choose Malik over Bolon.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

            All I’ll say is wow...

            Armoni and Malik BOTH should be on First Team.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post


              Armoni and Malik BOTH should be on First Team.
              Also a defensible argument.

              I was surprised to see Heath on the first team.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Scrub View Post

                Also a defensible argument.

                I was surprised to see Heath on the first team.
                No comment

                Comment


                • It almost feels like they were considering the region to have 4 conferences (MEC, CIAA, PSAC West, & PSAC East), and it seemed like they felt the need to spread things around a bit. You can understanding their thinking there. But it does feel odd that Armoni didn't make the first team. It just feels like they forced a few things out of a supposed fairness as opposed to picking the actual top players in the region.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                    It almost feels like they were considering the region to have 4 conferences (MEC, CIAA, PSAC West, & PSAC East), and it seemed like they felt the need to spread things around a bit. You can understanding their thinking there. But it does feel odd that Armoni didn't make the first team. It just feels like they forced a few things out of a supposed fairness as opposed to picking the actual top players in the region.
                    Heath had a high PPG avg


                    Look a little closer at his numbers. Just sayin'

                    Biss and Armoni ... pretty close call there ... although Biss had a poor ending the last several games.

                    Comment


                    • Happy Mount Olive Day! It was 12 years ago today that the infamous Mount Olive affair went down as the IUP women lost in the opening round of the East Region . But I guess the 2020 region that never was will also live on in campus folklore as well.

                      -

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                        Happy Mount Olive Day! It was 12 years ago today that the infamous Mount Olive affair went down as the IUP women lost in the opening round of the East Region . But I guess the 2020 region that never was will also live on in campus folklore as well.

                        -
                        #mt-olive

                        Comment


                        • Quick glance at next year's schedule:

                          Crossover:

                          @ Kutztown
                          @ West Chester
                          Millersville
                          Shepherd
                          Shippensburg
                          @ Lock Haven


                          Slippery Rock and Gannon both visit the KCAC over break (Saturday, Jan. 9 and Monday, Jan. 11). Mercyhurst plays at IUP on Saturday night, Jan. 30.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Quick glance at next year's schedule:

                            Crossover:

                            @ Kutztown
                            @ West Chester
                            Millersville
                            Shepherd
                            Shippensburg
                            @ Lock Haven


                            Slippery Rock and Gannon both visit the KCAC over break (Saturday, Jan. 9 and Monday, Jan. 11). Mercyhurst plays at IUP on Saturday night, Jan. 30.
                            You better hope there is a next year.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

                              You better hope there is a next year.
                              Some world expert said this will last until there is a vaccine, possibly 18 months.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bart View Post

                                Some world expert said this will last until there is a vaccine, possibly 18 months.
                                I don't think this is going to go away anytime soon. This is going to be our new normal for quite some time. I read a really good article that talked about a lot new viruses and it explained that they all have 3 waves, with the 2nd wave typically being worse than the first. All of the other well known pandemics had 3 waves. Consider that this is only the first wave here that we are experiencing. The country, and world for that matter, isn't going to be able to press on with this as the norm for 18 months, but this is here to stay.

                                I told somebody today that I don't believe there will be a football season next year.

                                Every expert talks about flattening the curve. However, they also all agree that the second these measures are removed (likely in about 4-8 weeks), we'll be right back to where we started. That's the challenge here. You can undo a lot of good by letting 35,000 into a major league baseball stadium in early July. The doctor in charge of the Ohio Department of Health said today that if there isn't a vaccine rather soon, she believes approximately 40-50% of Ohioans will be infected with COVID-19 within the next year. Other states/cities have reported similar numbers as well. I guess everybody has the choice as to whether or not they believe that.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X