Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do the host sites get announced?

Comment

• I don't think he is either. But I've followed this team for more than 10 years now. I've never seen 'this' Joe Lombardi. That's kind of all I'm saying. He's been very reflective. And I've just gotten the sense that he's been taking it all in this season. I truly don't think he stepping down, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
        Here's the question for those with the connections who are dialed into the program... How much longer does Joe stay at this thing?

I'm only saying this because I've seen a 'different' Joe all season. He's been so much more reflective with everything he's said. His mannerisms, his actions, what he's said on social media, how he's sounded in interviews, etc. I'm just sensing a guy that really seemed to be taking it all in this season. Maybe I'm reading too much into it - I don't know - but something about him has just seemed different this season. It could be that with the season being canceled last year, he's simply very grateful to be back coaching. That could be it too. But I've never seen this side of him.

There's just part of me that wouldn't be surprised that if next month Joe announced that he was retiring. I could totally see it.
        Far too sweet of a gig. He's still fairly young. They are paying him a lot.

And, he's stacked next year. No way he retires.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
            I think IUP is a bad matchup for West Liberty if it gets to that point. .
            Agree completely, Eye. Down this way, we're hoping for another year when someone like a Cal picks IUP off before the matchup. If they do end up matched up, I would certainly be rooting hard for WLU, but the smart money would be on IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Agree completely, Eye. Down this way, we're hoping for another year when someone like a Cal picks IUP off before the matchup. If they do end up matched up, I would certainly be rooting hard for WLU, but the smart money would be on IUP.

Comment

• Should be fun regardless of who hosts. Two class act programs--both would do a great job hosting what might be one of the strongest regional tournaments in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Should be fun regardless of who hosts. Two class act programs--both would do a great job hosting what might be one of the strongest regional tournaments in the country.
                  Well, we'll worry about that if it happens. Getting to that point is going to be brutal.

Comment

• What is the schedule for the regional tournament - quarters/semis/finals?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                      What is the schedule for the regional tournament - quarters/semis/finals?
                      Men - Quarters Saturday all day, Semis Sunday night, finals Tuesday night
                      Women - one day earlier for each.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        What is the schedule for the regional tournament - quarters/semis/finals?
                        Bracket gets announced tonight around 930pm

Comment

• Comments on today's game from Millersville coach Casey Stitzel:

"It wasn't our best night, but IUP did a great job," said Millersville head coach Stitzel. "They are a great team--really well coached. They stifled us defensively. I thought our defense was good enough to win but offense is what got us today. We didn't share the ball enough, make the extra pass or the right reads."

"I give credit to IUP," said Stitzel. "There is a reason why as good as we are defensively, we are behind them in the stat rankings. They do a great job with their switches and their system. We are used to making a drive, one pass and a shot, and you just can't do that against these guys. With just an hour shoot-around today, it is hard to show a team how to beat that kind of defense. Their game plan was spot-on and made things really tough for James. And we missed shots. If we hit some of those shots early, maybe it gets us going, but we also had a couple too many turnovers. We defended well enough that had we shot it better we'd have been in the game."

"I know we are one of the best eight teams in the Atlantic Region," said Stitzel. "The Mercyhurst win should have cemented it. We showed that Millersville can compete with the best teams. We have the good non-conference wins. We've won 25 games, and the way we play defense, we'd be a tough out. I think we've earned the right to play again."

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Bracket gets announced tonight around 930pm

Comment

• Will Tom get invited to the dance?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Will Tom get invited to the dance?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...