Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol ... yeah. 2 vs 3 in the official RRs played tonight in a quarterfinal.

Been saying all year this is the best West in forever

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Alston is a star. And, he gets star treatment. He could have been fouled out by halftime.

Comment

Lol ... yeah. 2 vs 3 in the official RRs played tonight in a quarterfinal.

Been saying all year this is the best West in forever

Comment

• GU was snakebitten. We never really got to see them at full force. That could have been a pretty good team.

Comment

• The KCAC sacrificed the first two rows tonight across from the benches for a press row.

One freakin' dude sat there. The whole row. Two rows of seats sacrificed for one dude.

ESPN isnt coming to the PSAC Tournament.

My goodness. What goes on in that athletic department?

Comment

The KCAC sacrificed the first two rows tonight across from the benches for a press row.

One freakin' dude sat there. The whole row. Two rows of seats sacrificed for one dude.

ESPN isnt coming to the PSAC Tournament.

My goodness. What goes on in that athletic department?
              That's how it was set up in, I think, 2020. Maybe it's a PSAC thing that just looks different at the KCAC since it's an arena whereas the other gyms are ... gyms. As a media person, it's always nice! However, I've covered games there as a student and only once was there a visiting media member at the little table on the baseline (Tony C is always on press row doing radio).

Comment

That was the worst crew in the league. Every. Single. Game. Two of them are too old. Out of shape. And, all three are ego-maniacs.

You can't officiate in your 60s and drastically out of shape. They are constantly way out of position. They make calls behind the play all night.

Just pray they aren't here this weekend.

Alston is a star. And, he gets star treatment. He could have been fouled out by halftime.

Comment

• Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-03-2022, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Joe said it in a tactful way, I straight up said it! Numerous times IUP lost control of the ball b/c of arm slaps and the hammers on the lay ups that were no calls were atrocious! I would assume that crew is done for the season. I think we'll see old man GQ and crew this weekend.

Comment

Alston should not be in D2.

I hope he isn't next year.

And, I sure as freak don't wanna see IUP play Cal again.

Comment

• Comment

• As you said, the mid-range jumper is a lost art form. Nobody shoots it so teams just aren't used to defending it. The fact that IUP has a sharp-shooter from that range who happens to be a post player ... makes it all the more challenging to defend. Tomiwa can shoot right over most much smaller guards. And, he's awfully hard to defend in space by opposing bigs due to his speed and strength.

My guess why teams keep leaving Tomiwa wide open out there is they are too afraid of Ethan underneath. I'd guess the plan is when Tomiwa gets the ball if they would collapse on him with a big then he pops it down to Ethan for an easy lay-up. That's the big advantage IUP has on most teams -- skilled bigs. Cal has Alston but their other big guys are of the 6'6" or 6'7" variety and may weigh 170 pounds. Alston can't guard Ethan and Tomiwa at the same time.

Of course, what makes it more challenging is when your 6'9" center is one of the best three-point shooters in the country. Ethan made some monster treys at key times last night.

Comment

As you said, the mid-range jumper is a lost art form. Nobody shoots it so teams just aren't used to defending it. The fact that IUP has a sharp-shooter from that range who happens to be a post player ... makes it all the more challenging to defend. Tomiwa can shoot right over most much smaller guards. And, he's awfully hard to defend in space by opposing bigs due to his speed and strength.

My guess why teams keep leaving Tomiwa wide open out there is they are too afraid of Ethan underneath. I'd guess the plan is when Tomiwa gets the ball if they would collapse on him with a big then he pops it down to Ethan for an easy lay-up. That's the big advantage IUP has on most teams -- skilled bigs. Cal has Alston but their other big guys are of the 6'6" or 6'7" variety and may weigh 170 pounds. Alston can't guard Ethan and Tomiwa at the same time.

Of course, what makes it more challenging is when your 6'9" center is one of the best three-point shooters in the country. Ethan made some monster treys at key times last night.
                            Ethan was the key to the game. They couldn't guard him and they tried hard with the Palek kid. It just wasn't a good match up.

Most teams now have to figure out which player they want to take away Ethan or Tomiwa. Most will attack Ethan because he's lethal from every where. Tomiwa is all two's. Either way, they are both killers on offense. The post players are the difference between Cal and IUP right now, 1 vs 3.

Comment

As you said, the mid-range jumper is a lost art form. Nobody shoots it so teams just aren't used to defending it. The fact that IUP has a sharp-shooter from that range who happens to be a post player ... makes it all the more challenging to defend. Tomiwa can shoot right over most much smaller guards. And, he's awfully hard to defend in space by opposing bigs due to his speed and strength.

You guys are a matchup nightmare for most of the conference, which is why you're 27-2 and the semifinals are being hosted at IUP.

As far as mid-range jumpers, both Biss and Hardy hit them pretty well for Ship. Hardy seems to be coming out of a shooting slump he had a couple of weeks back. Jake killed Shepherd by coming off screens for elbow jumpers in the first half last week. It is a shot that isn't utilized enough these days. A guy who can do a good jump-stop and consistently drain 15-footers can pick up a lot of points these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You guys are a matchup nightmare for most of the conference, which is why you're 27-2 and the semifinals are being hosted at IUP.

As far as mid-range jumpers, both Biss and Hardy hit them pretty well for Ship. Hardy seems to be coming out of a shooting slump he had a couple of weeks back. Jake killed Shepherd by coming off screens for elbow jumpers in the first half last week. It is a shot that isn't utilized enough these days. A guy who can do a good jump-stop and consistently drain 15-footers can pick up a lot of points these days.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X