Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As soon as they get healthy ... down goes another.

Polce left and will be out at least a week.

Dillard's minutes will spike and Radford will be elevated.

I hope Kyle recovers quickly. He's a big piece of the puzzle.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Trivia Saturday

Winner gets absolutely nothing.

On Jan. 24, 2022, IUP was swept in Johnstown.

When was the last time the IUP men and women were swept in basketball?

Comment

• It was actually Seton Hill. In the yellow shoebox.

It was SH's only win ever against IUP (men's).

Comment

Batt and Magestro didn't waive goodbye today like last game. Maybe their arms hurt.

Comment

• Great article on today's game by Craig Meyer of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Maybe they'll finally learn about the best kept secret in Western PA.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-26-2022, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• When Ship was playing the Western teams in December, I thought Mercyhurst and IUP looked to have much better talent than UPJ. The big man (Kromka?) was good for UPJ and they had a decent guard or two, but I thought their overall talent fell off after that compared with some of the other West Division teams. I actually was surprised they did so well though much of the season.

Comment

Great article on today's game by Craig Meyer of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Maybe they'll finally learn about the best kept secret in Western PA.
                I've always wondered why IUP & WLU don't get more attention from Pittsburgh media. Two of the best D2 programs in the country are within the Pittsburgh media's circulation/viewing area, and those outlets so rarely take the time to pay attention to the extremely high quality D2 basketball right in their backyard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I've always wondered why IUP & WLU don't get more attention from Pittsburgh media. Two of the best D2 programs in the country are within the Pittsburgh media's circulation/viewing area, and those outlets so rarely take the time to pay attention to the extremely high quality D2 basketball right in their backyard.

Comment

• I'd probably take IUP in that scenario. WLU doesn't have the size/physicality to compete with a D1 on the defensive end, but IUP does.

Comment

It's all clicks. D2 unfortunately doesn't generate enough of them.

Pittsburgh is a professional sports city first and foremost. Then there is Pitt. Then comes Duquesne. High school sports get a ton of coverage.

And, occasionally when filler is needed, D2, fishing/hunting, and everything else.

Comment

• I'm shocked Duquesne is tanking with Dambrodt. People want him canned already.

Comment

I'd probably take IUP in that scenario. WLU doesn't have the size/physicality to compete with a D1 on the defensive end, but IUP does.
                          I lean toward IUP against low major d1 teams. But with mid to high major teams, I would lean toward WL as having better odds of pulling a major upset. My rationale is these d1 teams will dominate your bigs. One has to change the game. Press Virginia proved high level d1 teams can't handle full court traps. Also D1 bigs are not used to to guarding complete players 25 ft from the basket who can drive by them or hit the three. However, wl would need to shoot 50% from three and force 20 turnovers to have a chance.
                          That is why D1 teams have no interest in playing WL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I lean toward IUP against low major d1 teams. But with mid to high major teams, I would lean toward WL as having better odds of pulling a major upset. My rationale is these d1 teams will dominate your bigs. One has to change the game. Press Virginia proved high level d1 teams can't handle full court traps. Also D1 bigs are not used to to guarding complete players 25 ft from the basket who can drive by them or hit the three. However, wl would need to shoot 50% from three and force 20 turnovers to have a chance.
                            That is why D1 teams have no interest in playing WL.
                            What? This makes no sense!

Comment

• Tough game coming Wednesday regardless of which team wins. Most years the Round 2 game is fairly easy. The West is too deep this year.

The day of rest is big for IUP. Cal and SRU have been playing non-stop for nearly the past 3 weeks.

Comment

It's all clicks. D2 unfortunately doesn't generate enough of them.

Pittsburgh is a professional sports city first and foremost. Then there is Pitt. Then comes Duquesne. High school sports get a ton of coverage.

And, occasionally when filler is needed, D2, fishing/hunting, and everything else.
                                Ship gets almost zero attention from the Harrisburg area media. The Harrisburg ABC channel actually did a piece on the local Penn State branch campus the other day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X