Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tough game coming Wednesday regardless of which team wins. Most years the Round 2 game is fairly easy. The West is too deep this year.

The day of rest is big for IUP. Cal and SRU have been playing non-stop for nearly the past 3 weeks.

Comment

• Comment

• Two games Saturday and only one Sunday! Past practice the games were 1pm and 3/3:30 on Saturday and 3pm Sunday. Yes, IUP would be game two on Saturday if they win Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Two games Saturday and only one Sunday! Past practice the games were 1pm and 3/3:30 on Saturday and 3pm Sunday. Yes, IUP would be game two on Saturday if they win Wednesday.

Comment

Tough game coming Wednesday regardless of which team wins. Most years the Round 2 game is fairly easy. The West is too deep this year.

The day of rest is big for IUP. Cal and SRU have been playing non-stop for nearly the past 3 weeks.
            Unless there are some upsets in the first round, I don't look for any easy games in the East second round.

Comment

• It was really nice to see Demo look like the old Demo in the UPJ win.

He went for 11 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals in 28 minutes. Both his dunks really elevated the crowd. He went 1-6 from deep but two of the misses were half way down and came back out. He's a gunslinger when he's feeling it so it was great to see him not shying away.

It was a nice boost as Tomiwa got in foul trouble for the first time in a long time. He ended up playing just 17 minutes.

With the Polce injury, I suspect Dillard will play about 32 minutes on Wednesday. Radford will be the backup for David and Dillard.

Comment

• Whom would the IUP crowd prefer to play Wednesday: Cal or SRU?

Comment

It was really nice to see Demo look like the old Demo in the UPJ win.

He went for 11 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals in 28 minutes. Both his dunks really elevated the crowd. He went 1-6 from deep but two of the misses were half way down and came back out. He's a gunslinger when he's feeling it so it was great to see him not shying away.

It was a nice boost as Tomiwa got in foul trouble for the first time in a long time. He ended up playing just 17 minutes.

With the Polce injury, I suspect Dillard will play about 32 minutes on Wednesday. Radford will be the backup for David and Dillard.
                  Looks like KJ is now out of the rotation also with the rise of Tommy D.

Comment

Whom would the IUP crowd prefer to play Wednesday: Cal or SRU?

Comment

• Comment

• I'd say SRU is overdue for a win in Indiana ... LOL what's it been 32 years in a row now.

You could certainly make the case IUP could have been 1-3 versus those two this year instead of 4-0.

Chuck pretty much said what you and I have discussed ... sooner or later Cal is going to play in the second half and not cough up a huge lead.

Now, if the roles were reversed and IUP jumped on them ... I'm not sure Cal would be able to come back. They may go too street ball (which they've done in the second half of both games this year) which would eliminate a big comeback. But, IUP has to somehow figure out how to play them in the first 10 minutes. Three of the past four meetings IUP has started the game in a 16+ point hole.

I think both, however, are tough match-ups. Keep in mind Demo only played in one of those four games. IUP is much stronger with him back (and, healthy). SRU is the deeper of the two, but Cal's starting lineup is more potent.

If I had to pick, I'd rather play SRU. But, it's pretty close. It's hard to beat a good team three times in one season. With Demo back and team getting extra rest (and the other two playing every other day for the past 3 weeks), IUP will be favored regardless who it is Wednesday night. Cal is playing a very small rotation right now. All these games are taking a toll.

Comment

• This.

Comment

• Comment

• I had to turn it off ... couldn't watch any longer.

Comment

I had to turn it off ... couldn't watch any longer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X