Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleva has been very effective for Ship this year with several double-doubles and big rebounding games. Since Nedrow went down he has constantly guarded physically bigger players and has held his own with them. He's basically the fourth option on offense. I won't get into the who baits whom thing. Congrats on the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I have a ton of respect for Shippensburg and Chris Fite. I fully suspect Fite will replace Joe at IUP. I've said for years the day Joe retires the limo will be sent to Ship.

But, as for the younger Sleva, he had today coming. Go back to Dec. 19 and he was leading a (fill in the blank) IUP chant at mid-court in the final minutes. He enticed the crowd. Today, he paid for it. He was targeted by the crowd today. And, he had it coming.

Payback is a B, as they say.
      And we'll be glad to take the air out of the limo's tires if it ever comes down to Ship. :-)

Comment

• Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-06-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Get ready for KR Jr. today.

Comment

Get ready for KR Jr. today.
            I thought you already eliminated Sancomb? ; )

Comment

Get ready for KR Jr. today.

Comment

• Millersville started red hot then hit a short funk in December.

The first game was tight minus the last 6-7 minutes. IUP blew it open down the stretch. That was the first game post-Shawndale.

I don't anticipate IUP holding them in the 40s like yesterday, but I suspect it will be relatively low scoring.

Comment

I have a ton of respect for Shippensburg and Chris Fite. I fully suspect Fite will replace Joe at IUP. I've said for years the day Joe retires the limo will be sent to Ship.

But, as for the younger Sleva, he had today coming. Go back to Dec. 19 and he was leading a (fill in the blank) IUP chant at mid-court in the final minutes. He enticed the crowd. Today, he paid for it. He was targeted by the crowd today. And, he had it coming.

Payback is a B, as they say.

Comment

• I think Fite has used a lot of Western Pa. talent and is familiar with the area due to his years at IUP, and we've certainly been grateful for the talent he's bought it. I think I should point out that Rashon Johnson and Kiyon Hardy, both from Philly, have played a great part in what success Ship had this season. ff Johnson isn't the best transfer Ship ever landed, he might be right up there. I'm sure Fite will continue to mine the Pa. West, but wouldn't be surprised if he swung to Pa. central and Pa. East (along with perhaps Jersey). Although Harrisburg area BB appears somewhat down this year, there usually is some good talent in District 3. They have Trey Martin from Boiling Springs coming in next year, and I hear good things about him.

Comment

• IUP up 35-18.

Half

Comment

IUP up 35-18.

Half
                        Some good D by IUP, but Millersville has been horrible. For a while I wondered if they were going to have double digits at half. Way too much one-on-one stuff, which is not effective against a good interior defensive team such as IUP. Both teams have put up a lot of ugly three-point shots. Not exactly a showcase game for the PSAC, but IUP has certainly had much the better of play.

Comment

• Congrats to IUP and Joe Lombardi. They dealt with a lot of adversity early in the season. I remember a lot of doubt on here if they would win the West, or even finish in 2nd in their division. But here they are, cutting down a net once again. There's something about this team...

Comment

• Comment

• #3-peat

Comment

#3-peat
                                They should be hosting the regional right?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X