X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden89
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP's average gate is now over 2,000 (2,031). That's up from 1,503 a year ago. That's a gigantic leap.

Joe's had 3,000+ for (5) straight home games. I'd venture to guess that may be a school record.

2019-20 - 2,031
    2018-19 - 1,503
    2017-18 - 1,133
    2016-17 - 1,367
    2015-16 - 1,364
    2014-15 - 1,330
    2013-14 - 2,090
    2012-13 - 1,587
    2011-12 - 1,435

Hard to say what this Edinboro game will get in the door on Wednesday night. It's a real big ladies' game. Joe's game not so much. The regular season finale next Saturday night with UPJ will get a huge crowd. The athletic department has done a great job getting more people inside the building this year.
    Anything particular that the athletic department did to boost attendance?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP's average gate is now over 2,000 (2,031). That's up from 1,503 a year ago. That's a gigantic leap.

Joe's had 3,000+ for (5) straight home games. I'd venture to guess that may be a school record.

2019-20 - 2,031
    2018-19 - 1,503
    2017-18 - 1,133
    2016-17 - 1,367
    2015-16 - 1,364
    2014-15 - 1,330
    2013-14 - 2,090
    2012-13 - 1,587
    2011-12 - 1,435

Hard to say what this Edinboro game will get in the door on Wednesday night. It's a real big ladies' game. Joe's game not so much. The regular season finale next Saturday night with UPJ will get a huge crowd. The athletic department has done a great job getting more people inside the building this year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well, Joe should clearly have the top spot in tomorrow's first official Regional Rankings. Not so sure about Tom. Maybe.

Four games to go.

Edinboro
    @ Seton Hill
    @ Clarion
    UPJ

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Three guys at 39 minutes tonight.

That's all.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That was THE crew who you never want in a big game. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Those guys think the crowd is there to see them.

The late calls were just awful. All night. Both ways. One off them (the Italian) is just lost. He should be doing Jr. High girls games. The African American official on the crew is just a lost cause. And, the 'crew chief' wants his picture in the paper.

Across the board the officiating is so bad in the PSAC. This crew tonight, believe it or not, is actually one of the highest-graded. I get nobody in their right mind would actually want to officiate these games. Jefferson and Lombardi were as fired up tonight (at them) as I've ever seen. I just can't stand this new norm when the same crew lets one half play out like 1980s Saturday's Night Main Event and then the next half they call a foul every time somebody takes a breath.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    They played well. Got a lot of calls and bounces. But, played well.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    How about Bravado Joe egging on the crowd tonight?

That was LOUD those last 10 minutes.

Malik's 2nd half ... ice.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I got the old heads around me standing and cheering the last 5 minutes!
    Not easy to do.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    I got the old heads around me standing and cheering the last 5 minutes!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    How about Bravado Joe egging on the crowd tonight?

That was LOUD those last 10 minutes.

Malik's 2nd half ... ice.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    The suspects either left town or are in Carriage House.
    If they are still here ... likely a matter of hours until they start turning on each other. Three's a crowd.

Armed robbery ... shot a kid in the neck. Hope that likely $50 was worth the next 30 years of their life. Morons.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    The suspects either left town or are in Carriage House.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I'd allow extra time arriving at the game tonight. IUP is likely to have security measures in place entering the KCAC due to last nights events near campus (and suspects still at-large).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    BP is not the best PG I've ever seen, but to have someone in total sync with DS during the rebuilding process is a huge advantage and I am certainly happy with what he gives the team both in leadership and scoring. My guess is ZYAN COLLINS or TYLER BERRY are probable heirs apparent down the road.
    I tried to guide the Dad in our direction but apparently wasn't up to it. I could certainly use an ally.
    Those IUP vs Cal games next year will be insane. Both will be loaded.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X