Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take your aggression out on Edinboro tomorrow night. Just remember your uniforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Take your aggression out on Edinboro tomorrow night. Just remember your uniforms.
      Dom Keyes is finally going to play in the KCAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

14 total fouls called. All game. Combined. And, just (5) on UPJ. That's laughable. Yet, David's ridiculous technical got called.

UPJ had everything go their way in their building and still barely won. They won't beat IUP in Indiana -- or anywhere else with officials who know how to work the whistle.

It was their night. Just about every deep shot they missed shot back out 18' off the rim. Stuff happens.

I still think IUP gave away 6-7 empty possessions on really ill-advised decisions. That's part of basketball. I get it. The one that burned me, however, was it was a version of the same play that they kept botching.

I didn't like their energy to start the game. Joe's been harping on that and it just wasn't there last night. The defense wasn't great. They got baited in to a lot of things last night.

Regardless, it has to be pretty short-lived for both teams. UPJ goes to Mercyhurst tomorrow. IUP starts a 3-game stretch, all at home (finally) of Edinboro, Mercyhurst and Gannon.

Everybody in the West is going to lose games this year. It's just a matter of how many.
        I know what you're saying but to lose a game that way is tough to take.

IUP did miss a few bunnies yesterday. I can think of two late by Sulaiman that would've changed the outcome.

I guess Edinboro has to be a beating post tomorrow.

I'll finish with this... Ruk celebrated that win like he won a championship. UPJ got their big win for the year, now the next time we see them, we pound them!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I know what you're saying but to lose a game that way is tough to take.

IUP did miss a few bunnies yesterday. I can think of two late by Sulaiman that would've changed the outcome.

I guess Edinboro has to be a beating post tomorrow.

I'll finish with this... Ruk celebrated that win like he won a championship. UPJ got their big win for the year, now the next time we see them, we pound them!

I get it. Joe's beat on Ruk for years and years. They've basically been IUP's little brother. So, I get the celebration. Was it a bit much for a regular season game? Yes. Will it be remembered? Yes. If they go up and lose to Mercyhurst tomorrow and Joe takes care of business the rest of the week ... IUP can be back in the lead by Saturday night.

No doubt, as a fan, that was a really painful one to take. Despite so many bad breaks, it was there for the taking.

I still would have shot the trey on the last play. David and Dillard were hot all night. The way that game was going I didn't want to go to OT.

Comment

I get it. Joe's beat on Ruk for years and years. They've basically been IUP's little brother. So, I get the celebration. Was it a bit much for a regular season game? Yes. Will it be remembered? Yes. If they go up and lose to Mercyhurst tomorrow and Joe takes care of business the rest of the week ... IUP can be back in the lead by Saturday night.

No doubt, as a fan, that was a really painful one to take. Despite so many bad breaks, it was there for the taking.

I still would have shot the trey on the last play. David and Dillard were hot all night. The way that game was going I didn't want to go to OT.

Comment

• Always an exciting night ... first game back with students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc. It's been a long time since they've been around ... 7-8 weeks. And, a long time since IUP's had a home game. The place is just more lively even if the student turnouts aren't typically great. It's going to be about 10 degrees around the time the men's game tips off so we'll see how many students make the walk down to the KCAC. Also, the new 'pep band' is allegedly going to debut tonight.

I suspect a good turnout tonight despite the weather. It's the first event of sorts on campus since the students have been back. And, it's the first home game in about a month so the locals should turn up well.

I know this game always makes Joe nervous. He says every year he worries about the first big crowd back ... whether his team will be 'performing' or 'playing'.

Comment

Always an exciting night ... first game back with students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc. It's been a long time since they've been around ... 7-8 weeks. And, a long time since IUP's had a home game. The place is just more lively even if the student turnouts aren't typically great. It's going to be about 10 degrees around the time the men's game tips off so we'll see how many students make the walk down to the KCAC. Also, the new 'pep band' is allegedly going to debut tonight.

I suspect a good turnout tonight despite the weather. It's the first event of sorts on campus since the students have been back. And, it's the first home game in about a month so the locals should turn up well.

I know this game always makes Joe nervous. He says every year he worries about the first big crowd back ... whether his team will be 'performing' or 'playing'.
                This team will be playing after that horrid loss on Monday. I expect a big spread!

Comment

• Saw on Twitter that Joe has Big John DeGroat suited up for practice.

Good move. The current IUP assistant played at Pitt and is a monster. They aren't facing anybody bigger and stronger than him this year.

Bodies are getting thin inside the program. Pull out all the stops.

Comment

Saw on Twitter that Joe has Big John DeGroat suited up for practice.

Good move. The current IUP assistant played at Pitt and is a monster. They aren't facing anybody bigger and stronger than him this year.

Bodies are getting thin inside the program. Pull out all the stops.

Comment

• Comment

• Not sure what happened to Porterfield but things got pretty sloppy since he left. IUP is having to dig pretty deep into the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                          Not sure what happened to Porterfield but things got pretty sloppy since he left. IUP is having to dig pretty deep into the bench.

Comment

Always an exciting night ... first game back with students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc. It's been a long time since they've been around ... 7-8 weeks. And, a long time since IUP's had a home game. The place is just more lively even if the student turnouts aren't typically great. It's going to be about 10 degrees around the time the men's game tips off so we'll see how many students make the walk down to the KCAC. Also, the new 'pep band' is allegedly going to debut tonight.

I was wrong, this team is performing for the crowd instead of playing basketball.

Comment

• Comment

• Ugly

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X