Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Rock Rowdies tweets out a congrats ... I guess this is for real.

Classy, BTW.

Comment

• Should be quite a semifinal. That Crawford kid in the center for Augusta is a serious load, and they can shoot the 3. IUP will need its best defensive effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
        Should be quite a semifinal. That Crawford kid in the center for Augusta is a serious load, and they can shoot the 3. IUP will need its best defensive effort.
        He's a beast. But, we're equipped for him. Chico gave everything it had but wasn't deep enough.

Comment

• Imho, iup has more weapons, better defense and better coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
            Imho, iup has more weapons, better defense and better coaching.

Comment

• I thought IUP was very sloppy in the first half -- players and coaching. But, ... adjustment to a big arena, nerves, etc. Luckily, Hillsdale couldn't hit the side of barn for 18 of the first 20 minutes.

I suspect Joe gave them a nice wake-up call at halftime.

Tomorrow night is going to be a thriller. IUP and Augusta match up very well.

I do agree that Chico played very light defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tomorrow night is going to be a thriller. IUP and Augusta match up very well.
                And we all know that at this point in the season it's all about match-ups. Imagine if the seeds had been flipped between Black Hills and Hillsdale. Black Hills vs. IUP would have been a war. Nova would have run all over Hillsdale (if WLU last year was any indication). But the match ups are what the match ups are. IUP had the opportunity to get a nervy first half out of the way against an overmatched opponent. Thursday could be different. But I still believe IUP's defense will carry them to the final (and a possible all out war with Northwest). I called an IUP-Northwest final on one of these threads last week, and I still believe that's the likeliest outcome. Good luck Thursday, C'Hawks--get it done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

And we all know that at this point in the season it's all about match-ups. Imagine if the seeds had been flipped between Black Hills and Hillsdale. Black Hills vs. IUP would have been a war. Nova would have run all over Hillsdale (if WLU last year was any indication). But the match ups are what the match ups are. IUP had the opportunity to get a nervy first half out of the way against an overmatched opponent. Thursday could be different. But I still believe IUP's defense will carry them to the final (and a possible all out war with Northwest). I called an IUP-Northwest final on one of these threads last week, and I still believe that's the likeliest outcome. Good luck Thursday, C'Hawks--get it done!
                  I will say Augusta's offense looked great last night, but Chico State played glorified AAU-level defense. IUP's defense is a whole different animal.

IUP played a very rough first half. Maybe it was nerves. They looked much better in the second half. Hopefully that first half is out of their system now.

Comment

I will say Augusta's offense looked great last night, but Chico State played glorified AAU-level defense. IUP's defense is a whole different animal.

IUP played a very rough first half. Maybe it was nerves. They looked much better in the second half. Hopefully that first half is out of their system now.
                    IUP was clearly the superior team last night. I think there probably were at least five PSAC teams that could have handled Hillsdale this year. Cartier was the real deal, but I wasn't overly impressed by the rest of the team (granted, they might have just had an off night). I can see why Cartier averaged over 20 ppg, and none of the rest averaged in double figures. That stood out to me when I looked at the Hillsdale team roster. Crawford at Augusta actually has a good supporting cast. I agree with EyeoftheHawk that the Morris-Arnold matchup should be entertaining. Careless turnovers in the first half were the only thing that kept that close, and I wouldn't expect Foster and Morris to go 0-6 at the foul line very often. BTW, I hope IUP will challenge Augusta inside and get to the line a little more on Thursday.

Comment

• Does anybody have the link to the post-game press conference?

Comment

• Comment

• I saw that this morning. The IUP and NCAA sites both say 6:30 p.m. EST

Comment

I saw that this morning. The IUP and NCAA sites both say 6:30 p.m. EST

Comment

Does anybody have the link to the post-game press conference?
                              It's on twitter

Comment

• I'm on the other side, I like the games earlier. 9:30 start would've been rough!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X