X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• IUP 70 Augusta 67.

Comment

• Joe said they are playing the role of David tonight. Augusta is playing the part of Goliath.

It's going to be a war. IUP's stars have to be stars tonight.

That said, for IUP to win, the role players have to score points tonight -- Polce, Dallis, Demo. Hopefully, Demo got that bad game out of his system. They need the version of him who played in the Regional.

David is going to get a lot of attention. However, after Tuesday, Tomiwa Sulaiman is also going to draw a lot of attention. That could open some things up.

I could see IUP being a slight dog in Vegas. However, it wouldn't surprise me if they are a 1-2 point favorite, either. One real good team is packing it in tonight.

Comment

• Comment

• The announcers Tuesday night said the starting times were TBA. I think it largely depended on who won the quarterfinals. If Chico State had won, they probably would have set it up to accommodate viewers in the Pacific time zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I recall covering the Men's Elite Eight in Frisco back in 2016. Lincoln Memorial struggled from the foul line throughout the entire tournament, and it came back to bite them in the finals against Augustana. Let's hope that IUP doesn't fall into that same rut.
              Poor free-throw shooting might be among the main reasons Shippensburg did not make the NCAA tourney. I recall one particularly brutal outing at Lock Haven where they missed 15 FTs and ended up losing in overtime. Given the caliber of most of the shooters on the team, it was hard to understand, just as IUP's 0-6 from two of its best offensive players was the other night. Weird things happen in basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Joe said they are playing the role of David tonight. Augusta is playing the part of Goliath.

That said, for IUP to win, the role players have to score points tonight -- Polce, Dallis, Demo. Hopefully, Demo got that bad game out of his system. They need the version of him who played in the Regional.

David is going to get a lot of attention. However, after Tuesday, Tomiwa Sulaiman is also going to draw a lot of attention. That could open some things up.

I could see IUP being a slight dog in Vegas. However, it wouldn't surprise me if they are a 1-2 point favorite, either. One real good team is packing it in tonight.

Comment

Joe said they are playing the role of David tonight. Augusta is playing the part of Goliath.

Comment

• To me, Morris seems to be the key to how the games go for IUP in recent weeks, He's electric when he's on, and a guy tossing in a quick three or four three-pointers combined with the IUP defense has to be demoralizing for the other team. And extra attention to him opens the way for Porterfield and other outside shooters. Porterfield and Tomiwa have the ability to limit Crawford, but they have to be careful of early foul trouble. I don't think Demo has the body type to control Crawford, but they might need to use him in that capacity for a time anyway. Cartier schooled Demo a couple of times the other night, but he had more mobility than Crawford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

To me, Morris seems to be the key to how the games go for IUP in recent weeks, He's electric when he's on, and a guy tossing in a quick three or four three-pointers combined with the IUP defense has to be demoralizing for the other team. And extra attention to him opens the way for Porterfield and other outside shooters. Porterfield and Tomiwa have the ability to limit Crawford, but they have to be careful of early foul trouble. I don't think Demo has the body type to control Crawford, but they might need to use him in that capacity for a time anyway. Cartier schooled Demo a couple of times the other night, but he had more mobility than Crawford.

Don't rule out seeing big Ousmane Diop tonight. This is the type of match-up they use him in spurts. I could see him getting 5-8 minutes.

Defensively, Demo isn't the guy. He's essentially a 6'8" guard and that's how they use him. So, yes, fouls will be paramount for Tomiwa and Ethan. They both need to be upward of 28 minutes. Armoni has to avoid the ticky-tack early fouls, too. That whole game changed Tuesday when he had to come out for a bit.

I suspect it will be another dog fight ... low-ish scoring. Luckily, IUP should be masters of winning these dog fights as they've been in about 10 of them in the past month. This is a heavyweight fight between two great teams.

Comment

Don't rule out seeing big Ousmane Diop tonight. This is the type of match-up they use him in spurts. I could see him getting 5-8 minutes.

Defensively, Demo isn't the guy. He's essentially a 6'8" guard and that's how they use him. So, yes, fouls will be paramount for Tomiwa and Ethan. They both need to be upward of 28 minutes. Armoni has to avoid the ticky-tack early fouls, too. That whole game changed Tuesday when he had to come out for a bit.

I suspect it will be another dog fight ... low-ish scoring. Luckily, IUP should be masters of winning these dog fights as they've been in about 10 of them in the past month. This is a heavyweight fight between two great teams.
                        Agree that Indiana has been uncanny in its ability to finish off close games this season. Given the competitive nature of the PSAC this season, for them to drop only one game since December has been quite a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

To me, Morris seems to be the key to how the games go for IUP in recent weeks, He's electric when he's on, and a guy tossing in a quick three or four three-pointers combined with the IUP defense has to be demoralizing for the other team. And extra attention to him opens the way for Porterfield and other outside shooters. Porterfield and Tomiwa have the ability to limit Crawford, but they have to be careful of early foul trouble. I don't think Demo has the body type to control Crawford, but they might need to use him in that capacity for a time anyway. Cartier schooled Demo a couple of times the other night, but he had more mobility than Crawford.

Comment

Comment

• Demo has been a polarizing player this year. We've seen the flashes of his brilliance -- and, unfortunately some outings like Tuesday. No question about it, they are a much better team when he's producing.

Comment

Demo has been a polarizing player this year. We've seen the flashes of his brilliance -- and, unfortunately some outings like Tuesday. No question about it, they are a much better team when he's producing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X