Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah. Players of his caliber get a ton of offers. Can't land them all.

I said IUP was after him ... not getting him for sure.

Start calling you Layton Jr.

Rest assured the March bandwagon Joe Lovers have nothing to worry about.

As soon as these targets get real D1 offers ... Joe is immediately out of the race in just about every case.
    Lord help me. Lol

Comment

• The March Bandwagon followers blow my mind BUT they know all.

Comment

• IUP has signed Anthony Watson (6'2" PG) from Butler County Community College. He was a high school teammate of current IUP player Dolan Waldo at Bethel Park.

Watson is Joe's first JUCO signing since Brandon Spain.

BC3 had a loaded team this year and a very successful season. We could see half of their current roster in D2 next season (IUP, Walsh and West Chester have already signed players).

Their 6'9" shot-blocking star, Jason Baker, has yet to sign. He has numerous D2 offers including Fairmont State and California.

Comment

• Word around campus is Kyle Polce may exit the portal and stick around.

Comment

Word around campus is Kyle Polce may exit the portal and stick around.
            Word is his only offer was from Cheney.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Word is his only offer was from Cheney.
              His knock is staying healthy (and being sent to Joe-beria in the second half). I'd like to see him stay.

Comment

• It's been 42 days since IUP last played a game. It's exactly 200 days until Opening Night.

As of today, Joe has (8) known players on the roster -- Jaylen Stewart, Dallis Dillard, KJ Rhodes, Ethan Porterfield, Damir Brooks, Dolan Waldo and (just signed) Anthony Watson (transfer) and Eric Branch (high school).

It hasn't exactly been an exciting start to recruiting season. Several 'main targets' all signed with D1 programs.

There are still a lot of quality players available in the portal. But ... well, call me not exactly warm and fuzzy about the 23-24 season as of right now. Of course, that can change in a hurry. Whomever these next 5 players are he's about to sign will tell the tale. And, if Joe wants to keep his streaks alive, he best sign some dawgs.

Comment

It's been 42 days since IUP last played a game. It's exactly 200 days until Opening Night.

As of today, Joe has (8) known players on the roster -- Jaylen Stewart, Dallis Dillard, KJ Rhodes, Ethan Porterfield, Damir Brooks, Dolan Waldo and (just signed) Anthony Watson (transfer) and Eric Branch (high school).

It hasn't exactly been an exciting start to recruiting season. Several 'main targets' all signed with D1 programs.

There are still a lot of quality players available in the portal. But ... well, call me not exactly warm and fuzzy about the 23-24 season as of right now. Of course, that can change in a hurry. Whomever these next 5 players are he's about to sign will tell the tale. And, if Joe wants to keep his streaks alive, he best sign some dawgs.
                  It's a damn shame the transfer portal and NIL is destroying college sports. Free education wasn't enough. GREED

Comment

It's a damn shame the transfer portal and NIL is destroying college sports. Free education wasn't enough. GREED
                    Well, if Polce pulls out of the portal and returns (if both sides agree) then they'd be up to (9) players.

He has the makings of a fairly good team right now. But, he still needs to add some punch. As of this moment, they are a long way from challenging Cal next year.

Outside of Stewart, Dillard and Porterfield, I don't see a whole lot of scoring on the roster. If the hype is to be believed, Waldo could be that fourth scoring option based on the current roster.

Comment

Outside of Stewart, Dillard and Porterfield, I don't see a whole lot of scoring on the roster. If the hype is to be believed, Waldo could be that fourth scoring option based on the current roster.
                      Conventional wisdom says if a player was good enough to play, they wouldn't be on a redshirt. HOWEVA ... Armoni Foster, Devon Cottrell and Manny Yarde were all recruits who took redshirt years recently (not counting the guys who transferred in and had to sit under the old rules). Scooter Renkin also took a redshirt but that, correct me if I'm wrong, was more to kick the can down the road and bolster up a future lineup. So there's precedent with Joe. Oh, maybe that's why yinz guys call him Redshirt Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

Conventional wisdom says if a player was good enough to play, they wouldn't be on a redshirt. HOWEVA ... Armoni Foster, Devon Cottrell and Manny Yarde were all recruits who took redshirt years recently (not counting the guys who transferred in and had to sit under the old rules). Scooter Renkin also took a redshirt but that, correct me if I'm wrong, was more to kick the can down the road and bolster up a future lineup. So there's precedent with Joe. Oh, maybe that's why yinz guys call him Redshirt Joe.
                        Armoni took the redshirt because of a shoulder injury.

Comment

Armoni took the redshirt because of a shoulder injury.
                          In Joe's illustrious career of redshirting transfers, the two most glaring (my opinion) were Blake Danielak and Dom Keyes.

Recall Keyes was the PSAC West Freshman of the Year at UPJ prior to playing (and crushing it) at a JUCO in MD (on a loaded team with Micah Till). So, unless he had academic issues (but, if so, how did he get admitted) ... that one still blows my mind. Danielak came from D1 Drake. Recall that was the famous year due to injuries that Joe had to start walk-on C.J. Rudisil at power forward (and had those two giants in tracksuits on the sideline). That team had more not dressed than dressed most nights in January and February.

Thankfully, that era is long gone. If you tell a transfer now he's redshirting, well, he just isn't coming.

Comment

In Joe's illustrious career of redshirting transfers, the two most glaring (my opinion) were Blake Danielak and Dom Keyes.

Recall Keyes was the PSAC West Freshman of the Year at UPJ prior to playing (and crushing it) at a JUCO in MD (on a loaded team with Micah Till). So, unless he had academic issues (but, if so, how did he get admitted) ... that one still blows my mind. Danielak came from D1 Drake. Recall that was the famous year due to injuries that Joe had to start walk-on C.J. Rudisil at power forward (and had those two giants in tracksuits on the sideline). That team had more not dressed than dressed most nights in January and February.

Thankfully, that era is long gone. If you tell a transfer now he's redshirting, well, he just isn't coming.
                            Danielak was suppose to be a stud and well... we know the results.

Early in Joe's career he redshirted that Broughton kid from Houston. He was built like a brick ****house and well, he left right away.

Comment

Danielak was suppose to be a stud and well... we know the results.

Early in Joe's career he redshirted that Broughton kid from Houston. He was built like a brick ****house and well, he left right away.
                              Looking back I still don't know if Danielak played the right position at IUP. I really think he could have been that Geoff Evans-type SG but they seemed to insist him playing underneath -- which, really wasn't his thing despite his size.

The most under-utilized transfer -- by far -- in my opinion was Willem Brandwijk. I get he just happened to be here at the peak of the Dante/Cobo show (when those two were getting 88% of the offense). I also get the only game he was allowed to play freely was in Rupp Arena against mighty Kentucky and that was his best game at IUP. They could have done so much more with him. He had a nice shot (not that we ever saw it). He was basically a 6'10" shooting guard at Siena but got converted (forced) to play C/PF at IUP. He could have been much more than just a garbage man under the basket.

Comment

Looking back I still don't know if Danielak played the right position at IUP. I really think he could have been that Geoff Evans-type SG but they seemed to insist him playing underneath -- which, really wasn't his thing despite his size.

The most under-utilized transfer -- by far -- in my opinion was Willem Brandwijk. I get he just happened to be here at the peak of the Dante/Cobo show (when those two were getting 88% of the offense). I also get the only game he was allowed to play freely was in Rupp Arena against mighty Kentucky and that was his best game at IUP. They could have done so much more with him. He had a nice shot (not that we ever saw it). He was basically a 6'10" shooting guard at Siena but got converted (forced) to play C/PF at IUP. He could have been much more than just a garbage man under the basket.
                                100% agree on Willem, very good human too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X