Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    So this year the PG had to distribute, the last 4 with Dante he was allowed to shoot at will. Craziness... David has to become more of a scoring threat every game for the team to be tougher to play. Losing Demo has forced that to happen. I still say they need to go deeper on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I still don't understand why Jefferson only got a warning in the second half instead of the T. They stop the game, go to the score table and put the warning in the books as Jefferson was still off the hook BUT NO T!!! WTF
    The biggest thing I took away from that game was simply getting it on film. David Morris showed in the second half (when cut loose a bit) he can really be a huge factor in the offense. He went 5-7 from the field (4-5 from deep) and 5-6 at the line. When he's a threat out there it only helps free up others. I knew that game was coming from him. Now, upcoming opponents can worry about him, too, during film study. I think he's been frustrated at times this year, too, so that was a needed game for him. It's hard to go from being the scorer all your life to being the PG in Joe's offense.

Joe said after the Shippensburg game they changed a lot of the offense. He wanted them to start driving more. It's done several things. For one, he has big guards who can all do it well. Secondly, they are either making the shot or getting to the line (averaging 24 FT attempts last three games ... up almost 10 from first half). Thirdly (and the thing GU struggled defending) is it has put a fear factor in to defenses and they are collapsing on the ball. It is getting IUP a lot of wide open trey attempts. Saturday night was really the first time all year they showed how well they are capable of shooting from deep (12-27).

We've slowly seen Joe's offense evolve this season. I think early on he still wanted it to run as if Dante was playing PG. This team is thriving offensively the more and more they get away from that slower tempo as this group can play much faster. Last year's team was better at playing a slower pace.

IUP won the boards by 6 (35-29) but was again led by a guard (Malik had 7).

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    I still don't understand why Jefferson only got a warning in the second half instead of the T. They stop the game, go to the score table and put the warning in the books as Jefferson was still off the hook BUT NO T!!! WTF

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Disappointed there were no coaches' quotes in either the Erie newspaper or the Indiana Gazette after the IUP/GU game.

Stats are boring ... way more interested to hear the coaches fire off cliches and make some comments.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Can Joe go touch Torts and rub off on him?
    But Tort is 31-6. That's a pretty elite record for a football coach in his first three years. My guess is if IUP invested the dinero and built a football stadium on par with what the KCAC is for basketball then you would see a major bump up in everything in that program as well.

Miller Stadium is truly horrible! Most of IUP's players played in MUCH better stadiums in high school.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

So much for the cupboard being bare and that talk of Joe hanging it up once Dante graduated
    Joe has far too easy of a gig. He's well-paid. He has a D1 facility. He gets great resources and financial supoort. He doesn't even have to leave Indiana often to recruit. He's the 'celebrity' coach on campus.

This is one of his better coaching jobs so far in my opinion. They had many new faces, two season-ending injuries, etc.

If I was betting I'd say he'll ride out Portfield. He'd be craxy not to ... 4-5 more years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Armoni Foster is a sophomore. Scary. So is David Morris. Porterfield is a true freshman. Shawndale is a junior. And, next year they'll add back the big star in Tommy Demo. Joe has a big couple big years ahead of him.
    Can Joe go touch Torts and rub off on him?

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied

He's being held back a bit. Joe wants him to be a PG. He's capable of going off.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

Armoni Foster is a sophomore. Scary. So is David Morris. Porterfield is a true freshman. Shawndale is a junior. And, next year they'll add back the big star in Tommy Demo. Joe has a big couple big years ahead of him.
    So much for the cupboard being bare and that talk of Joe hanging it up once Dante graduated

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
    Watching this game.. if you told me IUP had a D1 transfer... I'd think its Foster. Morris not as impressive as I'd thought he'd be. It's just one game I know, just thought he'd stand out a little

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Final

IUP 85
    Gannon 64

Fantastic second half ... guys have owned the final 20 minutes.

I really didn't think they'd go 3-0 this week. Great week. Mercyhurst, @SRU and @GU. That's a bear of a week. Awesome job.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Watching this game.. if you told me IUP had a D1 transfer... I'd think its Foster. Morris not as impressive as I'd thought he'd be. It's just one game I know, just thought he'd stand out a little
    He's being held back a bit. Joe wants him to be a PG. He's capable of going off.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    #motown going insane

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    of course as soon as I say that he gets 6 starsugstraight points lol

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X