Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirtybird
    replied
    Mid year transfer...eligible to play immediately?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Joe is stubborn with those redshirt players. Deep down we all knew he wouldn't dress him. Shawndale certainly isn't a power forward but his aggressive style is going to force him to that now. I think Ulrich needs game action to get him jelling in the system. He's huge with skill, get him some minutes. Porterfield will be a star. He's such a smart player with skill. Next year and the year after as he gets stronger, look out. Anthony White deserves minutes! The three guard trio will have a different stat leader every game. Love that balance! Benton, UGH! Still not a fan but maybe he'll grow on me.
    I was told at the game a mid-year transfer is a real possibility.

It happens. Now, who is sitting out there ... That's for them to find. But, for a variety of reasons, there are players available.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-24-2019, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Joe is stubborn with those redshirt players. Deep down we all knew he wouldn't dress him. Shawndale certainly isn't a power forward but his aggressive style is going to force him to that now. I think Ulrich needs game action to get him jelling in the system. He's huge with skill, get him some minutes. Porterfield will be a star. He's such a smart player with skill. Next year and the year after as he gets stronger, look out. Anthony White deserves minutes! The three guard trio will have a different stat leader every game. Love that balance! Benton, UGH! Still not a fan but maybe he'll grow on me.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

So what did you think of the new rotation ? from looking at the stats looks like Porterfield had a good game. Maybe he will grow up fast ? ? Through in the 4 guard lineup, and it might not be as bad as first thought.

ESU was a good adjustment game for them. I say that because IUP's guards are very, very good (elite ... I'll use that word). And, ESU doesn't really have much under the basket. So, it was a good transition game. The vaunted ESU press was no match. They got their first TO with 3 minutes left in the game (and Armoni called a timeout they didn't give him). ESU should have come out of that press at halftime.

Porterfield played really well. He's Joe's next star post player ... but likely in a year or two. Shawndale went for 13 points and 10 boards -- the best 6'3", 220 lb (newly appointed) power forward in the country. He's a beast under the basket. Tort would love him at linebacker.

Anthony White had a huge game. He's a baller and has good size at 6'2". Incredible athlete.

Ulrich is obviously a work in progress but he is a really big body and makes things happen (on purpose or not).

The obvious disappointment in my eyes is this team was on pace to be incredible by Jan-Feb. I think this team would have smoked last year's team. Demo was one of the best players Joe has ever had here. He's never had a tenacious rebounder at 6'8" with point guard skills and who could shoot the trey.

Just pray they can stay healthy. I don't see any deep March run but they will be a tough out even without Demo. I don't know ESU history but I can't imagine they've taken many beatings like the one they took today.

Ousmane Diop was not dressed today. Many thought the Demo injury would force Joe to burn his redshirt.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Final

IUP 80
    East Stroudsburg 56
    So what did you think of the new rotation ? from looking at the stats looks like Porterfield had a good game. Maybe he will grow up fast ? ? Through in the 4 guard lineup, and it might not be as bad as first thought.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Final

IUP 80
    East Stroudsburg 56

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    Jack:

"What appears to be a season-ending knee injury ..."

Oh no ... feel awful for the kid, the team, and the fans.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Jack:

"What appears to be a season-ending knee injury ..."

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

What a sh*t day for IUP athletics. Joe rarely changes his plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes with the rotation he has.
    Ulrich is a big body but he's a classic Gary Edwards hack banger. He's gonna have to dress Diop. No choice.

But ... As you say ... He won't

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Not a doctor so I don't know Demo's status but I'm guessing it's not good. Best case is a sprained knee.

That's about as much of a disaster as possible.

I'll be curious if Ousmane Diop is no longer a redshirt as of tomorrow.
    What a sh*t day for IUP athletics. Joe rarely changes his plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes with the rotation he has.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I sure hope Diop becomes active. Ulrich is a hack and no way he can fill the Demo role. Losing Demo is a season killer.
    If he's done for the year .... game over.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    I sure hope Diop becomes active. Ulrich is a hack and no way he can fill the Demo role. Losing Demo is a season killer.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not a doctor so I don't know Demo's status but I'm guessing it's not good. Best case is a sprained knee.

That's about as much of a disaster as possible.

I'll be curious if Ousmane Diop is no longer a redshirt as of tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    The 8-day layoff finally ends today. I think this will be radio and live stats only today.
    Game video on Bloom site.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The 8-day layoff finally ends today. I think this will be radio and live stats only today.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X