• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Enough about Till.

Last night was the game I waited for all year. IUP looked mean out there. When was the last time SRU got out-rebounded by 20 or more? Maybe 20 years ago? SRU never saw that coming. They haven't fought for rebounds like that in years. That was tenacity.

SRU was held to its worst shooting percentage in more than 9 years (per SRU web site). And, no, they didn't just shoot bad. Every shot was highly contested.

Wear those new black warm-ups every game.

Whatever happened in that locker room between Saturday night and last night ... something changed. Big time.

I also thought Chuckie and Marko played very well. Marko was going to get heavy minutes last night if he hadn't picked up that third foul. Malik was un-guardable and Cobo became the front-runner for the West POY last night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Enough about Till.

Last night was the game I waited for all year. IUP looked mean out there. When was the last time SRU got out-rebounded by 20 or more? Maybe 20 years ago? SRU never saw that coming. They haven't fought for rebounds like that in years. That was tenacity.

SRU was held to its worst shooting percentage in more than 9 years (per SRU web site). And, no, they didn't just shoot bad. Every shot was highly contested.

Wear those new black warm-ups every game.

Whatever happened in that locker room between Saturday night and last night ... something changed. Big time.

I also thought Chuckie and Marko played very well. Marko was going to get heavy minutes last night if he hadn't picked up that third foul. Malik was un-guardable and Cobo became the front-runner for the West POY last night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    I don't think Till was faking exactly. The other part of the story is that the rest of the team was gassed as well -23 in particular. except for Till's replacement, who just didn't bother to run a whole lot.
    I didn't say he was faking.

Now, riddle me this. Assuming (as there seems to be debate) that he was hurt ... why in the world did the interim coach put him back in the game down 27 with 12 minutes left (or whatever it was)? The game was clearly gone. If it was his knee why would you put your superstar back in to a blowout and risk doing further damage?

That is hard to explain for young Mr. Grady.

I think he was in some pain. When he came back in and Armoni blew past him at about 100 mph all Till could do was essentially try and clothesline him ... thus resulting in the flagrant foul.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Are you referring to back in early October? I'd think they'd be in shape by now.

Till is a total diva. No doubt about that ...

Hmmm. A coach who was a huge believer in physical fitness and ran incredibly difficult daily practices was run out of town via mutiny. Not to draw conclusions ... but it's pretty hard not to draw conclusions. Just sayin'
    I don't think Till was faking exactly. The other part of the story is that the rest of the team was gassed as well -23 in particular. except for Till's replacement, who just didn't bother to run a whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Are you referring to back in early October? I'd think they'd be in shape by now.

Till is a total diva. No doubt about that ...

Hmmm. A coach who was a huge believer in physical fitness and ran incredibly difficult daily practices was run out of town via mutiny. Not to draw conclusions ... but it's pretty hard not to draw conclusions. Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    This was the Micah Till that we saw at the Hammermill last Wednesday. He seemed to be playing in short spurts ... we were wondering if he was sick or injured, or just out of shape. It is baffling.
    This is Micah Till to a tee. If things don't go his way then he quits! Once IUP got up on them he acted like he was hurt. Against Gannon he just looked like he didn't care once the officials got in his head.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied

This was the Micah Till that we saw at the Hammermill last Wednesday. He seemed to be playing in short spurts ... we were wondering if he was sick or injured, or just out of shape. It is baffling.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

He pays way too much attention to the crowd when he's here ... tries to be Dustin Sleva. They get in his head big time and he starts pouting too much.

But, as its been said, you have to speed them up. They can't play fast.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

If IUP could get that crowd every game ... they'd never lose here. The Crazies did well getting the kids in the door.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    To quote the rock rowdies after last game ....

"Drive home safe, ****ers"

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

To quote the rock rowdies after last game ....

"Drive home safe, ****ers"

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 02-06-2019, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X