X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Fair enough. But those retro-Hawks unis were pretty awesome. They would look great in them!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

If they are the team everybody hates ... might as well embellish the villain role. They could bust out the Indiana Hoosier-type striped warm-up pants.

In all honesty I could care less what they wear. I'm just tired of seeing more players in street clothes than uniforms. That needs to end this off-season.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

I've been kicking this idea down the road for several years now----but wouldn't it be cool to have the IUP men's team adopt the Atlanta Hawks Dominique Wilkins-era uniforms? I guess you would want to go with more IUP colors. But it would be such an awesome look in my own opinion.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Tom McConnell has quietly become arguably the most successful coach in IUP WBB history in his first five years on the job.

Several of the best regular seasons in program history.

A conference championship.

A regional championship.

An appearance in the Final Four.

Not sure if the man has gotten his due credit for all of these accomplishments. I think that he deserves a raise!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

In the Gazette this morning so now official ... Carlos Carter of IHS is signing with Wheeling Jesuit.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

North Carolina ... no.

Duquesne ... yes.

And, likely, many in between.

There aren't many ... Sleva, Cobo, Bonifant, Norfleet ... they could have all played up. I also think by his junior and senior seasons DeVante Chance could have played up. Anthony Glover, as a senior, could have played at any NEC-level program. Micah Till would find a D1 hoops home tonight if he wanted to do so.

The jump to the Top 25 is extreme but the rest ... the leap from elite D2 to D1 isn't as big as many think.

Amir Hinton will go straight from Lock Haven to a Power 5 program.

As for Cobo ... If he went on the market as a grad transfer right now ... at 6'9" with his ball skills ... he'd have D1 coaches salivating over him by 6pm tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I can't recall many going 'up'. Can you?
    George and Weezy Jefferson. They were movin' on up!

Do you think Cobo could play at D-I? Very good ball player for IUP but I'm not sure if the vast majority of D-II players would even be a blip on most D-I coaches transfer radar to be honest.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Hankins is going to D1 Xavier. That's a pretty big jump. Xavier was a No. 1 seed in the recent Big Dance.

Obviously a Sleva or Cobo could easily have found homes in similar moves.

I feel for Ferris State ... losing their star and all.

I was just saying I hope his move doesn't start a pattern. That would really suck for the team being left behind in D2.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Hahaha! Depends on who you talk to about it being "up" or not!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

I hope this Hankins move (grad transfer) doesn't snowball in D2.

Certainly a Cobo type would be prime for such a move.
    Don't think it will start a trend anymore than past "one and done" transfers within SR1 started a trend.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

My top ten list was for most colorful IUP basketball characters. Not sure if you guys took it that way.

Mims was really something else. Wasn't there a time when the men's team was departing at like 8 AM to go somewhere and he got arrested at like 3 AM? I'll bet that was a really interesting conversation with Gary and him. But no better talent than Mims as he led IUP to the final four that year.

I think Misenko was the one who coached Homer-Center boys basketball for a time after he graduated IUP. I wonder if he made coaching his life's work?

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
    Have to include Robert Misenko on that ALL TIME, First Team ALL IUP roster...HE was a beast
    Still is ... he was a game this year. He stood beside Cobo and Cobo looked like a stick figure.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Dennis Mims was the prized golden child of the Gary Edwards mercenary days ...

I think many of the IUP brass discredit him due to being a one-year guy, but I'm not sure the program has ever had a more dominant player. He was a scary dude ... looked like he was on loan from the NBA Power Forward program. I think his teammates were even afraid of him.

My opinion, Mims and Rodney Horton have to be on the 'first team' All-IUP roster. They were both on a different level.
    Have to include Robert Misenko on that ALL TIME, First Team ALL IUP roster...HE was a beast

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X