• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The host school went out on Day 1 and it's 7 hours one way from Indiana. Not a good combo.
    Small but loud iup group behind The radio guys though they said a lot of wbb alums were there

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The host school went out on Day 1 and it's 7 hours one way from Indiana. Not a good combo.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

The one thing I've always admired about Bowie State .... they are the Fresno State of D2. Play anybody .. anywhere.

If the Bowie men would play the phony non-conference schedule like so many others they'd routinely have a way different record.

Year after year ... Bowie makes noise when the lights get bright. It's impressive.

Men's, this year, Bowie had the best SOS in the Atlantic.

Tom beat then twice. Doesn't matter much now. Next game has pretty high stakes.
    This just follows the theory that playing a tougher schedule can sometimes pay off. Well, in some cases, at least...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The one thing I've always admired about Bowie State .... they are the Fresno State of D2. Play anybody .. anywhere.

If the Bowie men would play the phony non-conference schedule like so many others they'd routinely have a way different record.

Year after year ... Bowie makes noise when the lights get bright. It's impressive.

Men's, this year, Bowie had the best SOS in the Atlantic.

Tom beat then twice. Doesn't matter much now. Next game has pretty high stakes.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Fair point. I don't think that I've seen a team on the women's side as terrific as IUP have he ability to play so far down to their level of competition. My brain has trouble processing the fact that they actually lost to Mercyhurst. And then comes the loss at home against an extremely mediocre Millersville team. Still can't comprehend that as good as they are, they are capable of those performances.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Not sure I follow ...

They are about to take on a team whom just beat No. 1 Va Union on its home court and then beat an incredible Edinboro team.

Like I always say .. once that bracket is set ... the records don't mean a thing.

IUP is 2-0. Bowie is 2-0.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

What happened to Edinboro? I lost interest in following the live stats when they were up 36-22 in second. How did they lose?

What an opportunity for IUP to advance to the Elite 8. And what an opportunity to screw it up. They are terrific, but the "bad IUP" team shows up far too often ... against Millersville, at Mercyhurst, first half at Gannon. Put this one away for the PSAC.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No ... Bowie just has a history of big March runs.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Looks like IUP vs. Bowie State, Round III for the Region title Monday evening. IUP won the first two meetings early in the season.

I wonder if Bowie picked up a lot of second semester transfers since then? Anyone?

-
    Doesn't appear to be the case.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Looks like IUP vs. Bowie State, Round III for the Region title Monday evening. IUP won the first two meetings early in the season.

I wonder if Bowie picked up a lot of second semester transfers since then? Anyone?

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Appleby has a hammy ... didn't matter much tonight against Glenville but it is an issue.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Appleby has a hammy ... didn't matter much tonight against Glenville but it is an issue.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    You know Brittany Spears?
    You bet. She wrote her immortal classic "Email My Heart" about me. My standards were not very high at the time.

You guys are just too much sometimes. LOL.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No doubt. ICH is Hollywood.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X