X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

The other now-public (VC) offer is IMG Academy (FL) shooting guard Kyle Feit. He's nice size at 6'4" and spent a post grad year at IMG so he's more physically developed than most freshmen. IMG is a basketball factory known for producing mass quantities of top-shelf D1 players. He's from West Palm Beach.

To my knowledge he has not committed to IUP. Should he sign he'd likely be in the mix from Day 1. Big-time shooter.

There are some other names in the rumor mill but not firm enough yet for the board.

I haven't heard any direct ties to Amir Hinton yet. But, I wouldn't rule it out. He's the game-changer. There would likely be some issues with when he could play. Recall Norfleet had to sit his first semester (practice but not play).

I'd really love to see them finally land Randy Bell. He fixes the starting SG immediately.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

That story kind of broke a couple weeks ago off the record. I shared it with a few on here in PMs.

Very interesting. I always thought he'd end up here. He's very tight with Malik Miller.

He's developed and bulked up. I hope he signs. He'd have two years at IUP. He'll be a big addition to what will be a loaded post ... likely to play a version of the Tevin Hanner style low post. Great athlete .... high flyer. Very quick ... started all 31 games for a 32-5 Harcum team ... averaged about 10 points and 8 boards ... strong defensive player and will fit well in to Joe's system. He'll likely see heavy minutes off bench this upcoming season as one of the top reserves.

He's not the skinny guy he was coming out of high school. He's hit the weights pretty good ... listed at 6'6" ... plays with a chip and brings some toughness ... very celebrated high school career at Aliquippa ... Recruited by Jim Crutchfield and signed with West Liberty out of high school but never attended. Played one year in FL at Polk State and this past season at Harcum.

Rumor is there are several offers in front of him ... several PSAC and one (high profile) MEC.

My guess is the Malik connection gets him signed at IUP.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-26-2018, 09:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Just saw on Twitter that the Atlantic Region Basketball Legend Chucky Humphries rec'd an offer from IUP!!! Man, he gets around!

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    I caught the last 10 minutes. It was within 5 for most of the time, Ashland was ice cold, and the announcers claimed they had been for the whole game, missing layup, etc.
    I was really underwhelmed by Ashland G Jodi Johnson, whom as I understand it is the national player of the year. She didn't look like she did too much against IUP nor CMU.

Laina Snyder on the other hand is exactly the kind of player that I would love to see IUP bring in. Damn fine forward!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Per VC, IUP has offered a 6'4" shooting guard out of IMG Academy.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    IUP must have tired out Ashland as the Eagles' 73 game winning streak came to an end against Central Missouri. Either that or Ashland had an awful time matching up with the CMU zone.
    I caught the last 10 minutes. It was within 5 for most of the time, Ashland was ice cold, and the announcers claimed they had been for the whole game, missing layup, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

IUP must have tired out Ashland as the Eagles' 73 game winning streak came to an end against Central Missouri. Either that or Ashland had an awful time matching up with the CMU zone.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Ashland very impressive. I caught the last part of the game on the tube. What makes them so good? Great players that had size and that could move well. Also appeared to be smart. They looked to be mostly of Scandinavian stock. Sort of reminded me of the mighty North Dakota State football team that IUP ran into in the 1990 national title game.

Probably IUP's biggest problem in recruiting these types of players is that there are too many 'tweener schools (like Duquesne and RMU in the region) that separate the ranks of D-I ball and D-II. Instead of IUP and Cal landing say, a Chassidy Omogrosso, she goes to Duquesne. But that said she nearly went to Pitt.

IUP needs to find a way to get the D-I fringe types to come to campus. Say like what we had a decade ago with the all-world Jahzinga Tracey.

Those black uniforms that IUP wore were absolutely horrible. Why were they wearing black? That's not one of our school colors. Get rid of those and get some crimson-colored duds for the road unis.

-
    Yeah, I think if IUP plays a flawless game, it would be close. Of course if IUP hits its normal percentage of 3s they are tied at half time - they missed good looks too. But the speed that Ashland played at was amazing - faster than Glenville, but then they played aggressive defense too.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    Ashland scored only five points in the last six minutes of the first half. That was IUP's opportunity to get back into the game.

Nice season by IUP. A regional championship and a final four appearance. Nobody is going to beat Ashland. They area juggernaut.
    Ashland very impressive. I caught the last part of the game on the tube. What makes them so good? Great players that had size and that could move well. Also appeared to be smart. They looked to be mostly of Scandinavian stock. Sort of reminded me of the mighty North Dakota State football team that IUP ran into in the 1990 national title game.

Probably IUP's biggest problem in recruiting these types of players is that there are too many 'tweener schools (like Duquesne and RMU in the region) that separate the ranks of D-I ball and D-II. Instead of IUP and Cal landing say, a Chassidy Omogrosso, she goes to Duquesne. But that said she nearly went to Pitt.

IUP needs to find a way to get the D-I fringe types to come to campus. Say like what we had a decade ago with the all-world Jahzinga Tracey.

Those black uniforms that IUP wore were absolutely horrible. Why were they wearing black? That's not one of our school colors. Get rid of those and get some crimson-colored duds for the road unis.

-

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    HALF: Ashland 42, IUP 30

IUP scored the last five points of the half, but couldn't get a three off at the buzzer.
    Ashland scored only five points in the last six minutes of the first half. That was IUP's opportunity to get back into the game.

Nice season by IUP. A regional championship and a final four appearance. Nobody is going to beat Ashland. They area juggernaut.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    something like 2-13 from 3 - many decent looks, too shooting horrible, the Ashland D has them rattled
    Correct. 2-for-13 from three. I don't know any team in the PSAC West whose defense is on par with Ashland's (maybe Edinboro or a fully healthy Cal).

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

IUP scored the last five points of the half, but couldn't get a three off at the buzzer.
    something like 2-13 from 3 - many decent looks, too shooting horrible, the Ashland D has them rattled

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

My god... Ashland is just destroying IUP 42-25 with 1:39 to halftime. IUP is 1-for-11 from three to this point.

This Ashland team is just insanely good. IUP might need a miracle or two to get back into this game, but Ashland's showing why they're the best team in the nation.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

First media time out; 4:38 1Q: Ashland 19, IUP 13. Ashland's press defense is going to be tough to crack over an entire game, not to mention their senior tandem of Andi Daugherty and Laina Snyder.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X