X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Off-topic but since it kind of came up ...

I got really in to watching those later-start PAC 12 basketball games the last couple years. It's a shame so much of the country doesn't see them. Very entertaining games. That league really cannibalizes each other. The Arizona/ASU games were fantastic. Depending how things work out for Miller that (Hurley/Miller) could really become an intense rivalry (I know, ... it already is ... but bigger).

ESPN is also infatuated with Gonzaga. I like to come home from the IUP game and it seems Gonzaga is on all the time. That's another great league to watch.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Interesting, I watched film on the kid and he didn't look anywhere near D1 level. I was even questioning D2 level.
    Then he'll fit in perfectly for Hurley's scheme of "get-your-Sun-Devil-arse-kicked-in" when it comes to Pac-12 conference play. They do well with it!

Apparently Hurley has a five-star recruit coming in this year. Maybe even some of Arizona's recruiting class that ran for the hills unless Miller can come up with some more assurance payola.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The guard IUP was after from IMG Academy has signed with Bobby Hurley and Arizona State.
    Interesting, I watched film on the kid and he didn't look anywhere near D1 level. I was even questioning D2 level.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The guard IUP was after from IMG Academy has signed with Bobby Hurley and Arizona State.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    What's the shelf life of Kool-Aid?
    I have several unused cases from two years ago I could send to IUP from the hilltop! LOL :-)
    If they are Berry Blue send them ASAP!

-

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Gotta say ... Charles Humphries 'decision' announcement video on Twitter was pretty sweet.
    What's the shelf life of Kool-Aid?
    I have several unused cases from two years ago I could send to IUP from the hilltop! LOL :-)

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by oakleafmold View Post
    ...I'd be all in on the eighties chic Hawks look but only if with the shorty shorts like we used to wear in that decade--with knee-high white socks. My kids think old hoops photos of me in that era are hilarious. Another generation needs to suffer.

OLM

Leave a comment:

• oakleafmold
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I've been kicking this idea down the road for several years now----but wouldn't it be cool to have the IUP men's team adopt the Atlanta Hawks Dominique Wilkins-era uniforms? I guess you would want to go with more IUP colors. But it would be such an awesome look in my own opinion.

-
    ...I'd be all in on the eighties chic Hawks look but only if with the shorty shorts like we used to wear in that decade--with knee-high white socks. My kids think old hoops photos of me in that era are hilarious. Another generation needs to suffer.

OLM

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Gotta say ... Charles Humphries 'decision' announcement video on Twitter was pretty sweet.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Fair enough. But those retro-Hawks unis were pretty awesome. They would look great in them!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

If they are the team everybody hates ... might as well embellish the villain role. They could bust out the Indiana Hoosier-type striped warm-up pants.

In all honesty I could care less what they wear. I'm just tired of seeing more players in street clothes than uniforms. That needs to end this off-season.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

I've been kicking this idea down the road for several years now----but wouldn't it be cool to have the IUP men's team adopt the Atlanta Hawks Dominique Wilkins-era uniforms? I guess you would want to go with more IUP colors. But it would be such an awesome look in my own opinion.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Tom McConnell has quietly become arguably the most successful coach in IUP WBB history in his first five years on the job.

Several of the best regular seasons in program history.

A conference championship.

A regional championship.

An appearance in the Final Four.

Not sure if the man has gotten his due credit for all of these accomplishments. I think that he deserves a raise!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

In the Gazette this morning so now official ... Carlos Carter of IHS is signing with Wheeling Jesuit.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X