Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Its a short-term mitigation effort while they a) try to avoid any more covid-related game cancellations, and b) develop a plan for enforcing the mask mandate. This Saturday is the only home game for a couple weeks.
    Seems like smart thinking !!

Comment

• Updated Men's Standings

TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
      IUP 10-2 16-2 W1
      Pitt-Johnstown 10-2 14-4 L1
      Mercyhurst 11-3 14-4 W2
      California 8-3 13-4 W5
      Slippery Rock 6-3 10-5 L2
      Gannon 6-4 9-5 W1
      Edinboro 3-7 5-10 L6
      Clarion 3-8 7-9 L1
      Seton Hill 2-11 2-16 L1
      TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
      Shippensburg 10-3 13-5 W1
      East Stroudsburg 9-3 11-5 W5
      Millersville 9-4 15-4 W6
      West Chester 5-6 10-6 W1
      Kutztown 4-8 7-11 L1
      Shepherd 3-7 7-9 L1
      Lock Haven 3-10 6-11 L4
      Bloomsburg 2-9 3-12 L5
      Mansfield 1-12 2-17 W1

Comment

• Massive day in the PSAC tomorrow. And, no cancelled games (yet). Amazingly, when the student body at most schools was on break, we saw lots of Covid delays. Bring them back to campus, and the Covid cancellations have decreased. Figure that out.

I'll unleash the spreads tomorrow morning. The heavy hitters in Vegas as still working on them.

While nothing will be decided tomorrow, the results are going to go a very long way in determining these races.

Saturday

Shippensburg at East Stroudsburg - Pending upsets or injuries, there aren't many games the rest of the way either team will not be favored. Logic would say if ESU won on the road, it should win at home -- in a venue known to be tough on visitors. If Ship is all-hands-on-deck, they'll have a shot. This game could decide the East race. Millersville may disagree, but this is a huge one.

Mercyhurst at IUP - The Lakers just beat up a hungover UPJ. IUP looked like it was out on Philly Street until 4 a.m. but survived Edinboro. This game will be a piece of the puzzle, but probably not the final piece. History says start slow in this game and you lose. It's really that simple.

Gannon at UPJ - I think the Mountain Cats were ready to cut down nets after Monday's big win. Reality came knocking 48 hours later. Pounding, actually. Gannon's been called a sleeper team. Not sure we've actually seen the full squad yet this year. The Knights need a signature win. This is the opportunity. If the Knights lose they'll be 3 games off the lead. And, that will likely mean their division title hopes are gone.

Cal at Slippery Rock - The Rock has lost 3 of 4, banned fans and get to face the hottest team in the league. Good luck. But, strange things happen in Morrow Field House. The Vulcans are due for a dud. Cal isn't getting the buzz it deserves. The Vulcans may actually be, right now, the best team in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Massive day in the PSAC tomorrow. And, no cancelled games (yet). Amazingly, when the student body at most schools was on break, we saw lots of Covid delays. Bring them back to campus, and the Covid cancellations have decreased. Figure that out.

I'll unleash the spreads tomorrow morning. The heavy hitters in Vegas as still working on them.

While nothing will be decided tomorrow, the results are going to go a very long way in determining these races.

Saturday

Shippensburg at East Stroudsburg - Pending upsets or injuries, there aren't many games the rest of the way either team will not be favored. Logic would say if ESU won on the road, it should win at home -- in a venue known to be tough on visitors. If Ship is all-hands-on-deck, they'll have a shot. This game could decide the East race. Millersville may disagree, but this is a huge one.

Mercyhurst at IUP - The Lakers just beat up a hungover UPJ. IUP looked like it was out on Philly Street until 4 a.m. but survived Edinboro. This game will be a piece of the puzzle, but probably not the final piece. History says start slow in this game and you lose. It's really that simple.

Gannon at UPJ - I think the Mountain Cats were ready to cut down nets after Monday's big win. Reality came knocking 48 hours later. Pounding, actually. Gannon's been called a sleeper team. Not sure we've actually seen the full squad yet this year. The Knights need a signature win. This is the opportunity. If the Knights lose they'll be 3 games off the lead. And, that will likely mean their division title hopes are gone.

Cal at Slippery Rock - The Rock has lost 3 of 4, banned fans and get to face the hottest team in the league. Good luck. But, strange things happen in Morrow Field House. The Vulcans are due for a dud. Cal isn't getting the buzz it deserves. The Vulcans may actually be, right now, the best team in the league.
          My smoke detector isn't fully functional right now, but I would certainly not call VULCANS MBB the best in the league. Having said that, they have melded remarkably well since November and should not be less than competitive in any game through the remainder of the season. Assuming good health this team will be the best since '07-08 PSAC champion and Elite Eight team. Thank you, Danny Sancomb.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Massive day in the PSAC tomorrow. And, no cancelled games (yet). Amazingly, when the student body at most schools was on break, we saw lots of Covid delays. Bring them back to campus, and the Covid cancellations have decreased. Figure that out.

Saturday

Comment

• Call your bookies. The lines just hit the board at the MGM Las Vegas. Very difficult lineup today for the oddsmakers. Even some of the lower-tier games are good matchups.

Millersville at Bloomsburg - Speaking of those good matchups, well, this isn't one of them. Just 14 days ago the Marauders dropped a 92-60 beatdown on the Huskies. Today will be about the same. Maybe a bit closer. Big spread here at -23. The 'Ville wins its 7th straight and is all the sudden right in the mix of the East race.

Shippensburg at East Stroudsburg - Five hours to tip-off ... wouldn't touch this game with real money. Who will play for Shippensburg and who won't. If the Red Raiders are full force, they have a shot. If they are down 1-2 guys, it could get ugly. But, the game is going off one way or another, and, regardless of who suits up for Shippensburg, the Warriors are still favored in their building. The first meeting, a 59-54 ESU win, was one of the rare PSAC games of modern times played in the 50s. That's not likely to happen again today. ESU's depth makes the difference. Warriors pull out a tight one. ESU -4

Mercyhurst at IUP - The Crimson Hawks' brass should work out a deal and have Xanax sponsor this game. Xanax, of course, can treat anxiety and panic disorder -- two key attributes when one watches this affair. IUP is 16-10 against the Lakers in the last 26 meetings -- by far its closest series in the West. However, IUP has won 10 of the past 13 meetings. Two of the Lakers' wins came in the KCAC -- one in Round 2 of the NCAA Tournament. So, the big stage in Indiana doesn't intimidate Gary and his crew. IUP won Round 1, 70-67 in Erie. Today will be another tight one. Mercyhurst, after getting throttled by California, is hot again. IUP hasn't looked too hot its past two games. But, you could argue that simply means they are due. Law of averages. Joe's called for a rare Blackout today. The 600 T-shirts being given away should get a least 600 students in the door. IUP finds a way. Barely. Hawks -2

West Chester at Mansfield - The Mounties are red hot off the heels of a big win against Kutztown. The fun ends today, however. The Rams sit in a distant 4th place in the East, but either ESU or Ship is getting another loss today. West Chester gets a big win today and quietly remains, albeit a long shot, in the East race. Rams -13

Clarion at Seton Hill - Throw out the records. This is a very interesting game. Both look good one night and awful the next. But, put them on the same dance floor together, and you should get one heck of an entertaining game. The Golden Eagles have more talent, but the two giants in Greensburg are going to cause a relatively small Clarion post some major issues. This could be the toughest game on the board to pick. Take Clarion in a thriller inside the Yellow Shoebox. Golden Eagles -1

Gannon at Pitt-Johnstown - UPJ's first game after winning what they perceived as the national title Monday night didn't go too hot. The only good thing about hangovers is they don't last too long. The Mountain Cats got embarrassed up in Erie. Gannon, unfortunately, is going to pay the price. UPJ always plays very well in their building. Add to it they'll have a chip on their shoulders today. The Knights won't lay down, but will struggle to keep up. UPJ -8

California at Slippery Rock - No fans are allowed in Morrow Field House today. That should make the Vulcans feel right at home. Cal is too hot, and SRU is too cold. This has UGLY written all over it. Some strange stuff has happened in Morrow over the years, but I just don't see it today. This isn't the Rock of old with the NBA-sized monsters under the glass. SRU will have no answer for Phillip Alston. Vulcans -14

Lock Haven at Shepherd - Both have lost a ton of close games. Good news is they both can't lose today. The Bald Eagles have to push the pace to win. If they fall in to the Shepherd trap and the game is played in the low 60s, the Rams will win. Shepherd takes this one in a painful-to-watch, low-scoring game. Rams -2

Comment

• Has IUP ever seen a press before?

Great game for Armoni.

Just an atrociously officiated game. Both ways but think it benefitted IUP more.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                  Has IUP ever seen a press before?

Great game for Armoni.

Just an atrociously officiated game. Both ways but think it benefitted IUP more.
                  The press break needs work.

Armoni was at a different level today. Both ends.

Comment

• The big one in Greensburg lived up to the hype.

Final

Seton Hill 93
                    Clarion 92

Comment

• I'm sorry, I gotta ask.

Was today one of those rare PSAC games of modern times played in the 50s? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        I'm sorry, I gotta ask.

Was today one of those rare PSAC games of modern times played in the 50s? :)
                        Almost. Reminded me of the 90s.

IUP got to 60. And, Armoni had 30 of them.

Comment

• Hey, defense wins titles. That's why you guys are where you are; you're leading the PSAC in scoring defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            Hey, defense wins titles. That's why you guys are where you are; you're leading the PSAC in scoring defense.
                            It's helped Ship lately as well. The Raiders have held East Stroud under 60 in both games this season. They're going to need that if they can't get Carter going again.

I've always felt that the depth that is East Stroudsburg's strength can occasionally be a problem for them as well. Wilson runs a lot of players in and out during a game, and I think that messes with their offensive continuity at times. And they can talk about depth, but they're not the same team when Pepin is out. He sat out a lot of the first half with two fouls. I can't believe Ship only seven FTs with how physical that game was. ESU didn't shoot a ton of them, The refs certainly let them play.

If you'd told me before that game that Nedrow would be out again and Carter wouldn't score, I wouldn't have given a nickel for Ship's chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's helped Ship lately as well. The Raiders have held East Stroud under 60 in both games this season. They're going to need that if they can't get Carter going again.

I've always felt that the depth that is East Stroudsburg's strength can occasionally be a problem for them as well. Wilson runs a lot of players in and out during a game, and I think that messes with their offensive continuity at times. And they can talk about depth, but they're not the same team when Pepin is out. He sat out a lot of the first half with two fouls. I can't believe Ship only seven FTs with how physical that game was. ESU didn't shoot a ton of them, The refs certainly let them play.

If you'd told me before that game that Nedrow would be out again and Carter wouldn't score, I wouldn't have given a nickel for Ship's chances.
                              I think that's a very good point about ESU. It's a possibility that Wilson's bringing guys in who don't bring much to the table. I think Ship's 8, 9, 10 guys might be getting PT in that type of system.

Comment

• Makeup Monday tomorrow.

Seton Hill vs Clarion

Part 2 ... 48 hours later.

IUP has one of these coming up. This Saturday at SRU and then Monday SRU at the KCAC.

No doubt the second games will be chippy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X