Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's comical because nobody goes to their games anyway other than when certain teams visit.

It's just like, OK, kids you can't come to the game at night. So, just go to any frat house you can find and party or go up to the Ginger Hill with 900 kids crammed inside with no masks.

I know. They should just stay in their rooms and study. Good luck with that option.
    SRU has had to cancel several basketball games so I think its some sort of mitigation strategy for the team. But you're right - the state can require masks to be worn inside any campus buildings but its not being followed off campus. I'd hate to be a university leader right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

SRU has had to cancel several basketball games so I think its some sort of mitigation strategy for the team. But you're right - the state can require masks to be worn inside any campus buildings but its not being followed off campus. I'd hate to be a university leader right now.
      The official release doesn't give a timeline.

Sucks for everybody. I know the players hate the empty gyms.

Comment

The official release doesn't give a timeline.

Sucks for everybody. I know the players hate the empty gyms.
        Hey, let's appreciate the rules adherence of the VULCAN fans at last night's game with GU. They were certainly social distancing.....or maybe it's what you get when +/- 200 fans show up in a 6000 seat arena. At least they weren't all forced to sit behind the benches to make for a better look on the live stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hey, let's appreciate the rules adherence of the VULCAN fans at last night's game with GU. They were certainly social distancing.....or maybe it's what you get when +/- 200 fans show up in a 6000 seat arena. At least they weren't all forced to sit behind the benches to make for a better look on the live stream.
          Lol

Comment

Comment

• Careful with the wagers. These games are getting more complicated by the day to predict. Nonetheless, we have a pretty interesting lineup ahead tonight.

UPJ at Mercyhurst - The MAC has long been one of the West's worst road trips. It's just hard to win there. It's claustrophobic. The sight lines are awful. And, most importantly, the home team is really good. But, not so much this year -- at least the home-court advantage part. The three best teams to make the trip to Gary's venue (ESU, IUP and California) all left with a win. It doesn't get any easier for the Lakers tonight. A red-hot UPJ makes the trip up I-79, fresh off a big, 70-68, win over IUP in Johnstown. The Mountain Cats were sky-high emotionally. Teams can't stay that way for long, however. The question tonight is will that emotion carry over, or, will we see a hungover UPJ team up against a hungry, wounded Laker squad desperate for a big win? Take the latter. Law of averages. UPJ had everything in the world go right for it 48 hours ago. Tonight could be the opposite. The Lake Show, as it has done to so many for so long, brings UPJ back to Earth. Mercyhurst -4

East Stroudsburg at Shepherd - The Rams, despite their record, play everybody tough. They may even have a little confidence now after back-to-back wins snapped a 6-game skid. Unfortunately for Shepherd, a different type of animal is coming to town. The Warriors are hot -- winners of 6 of their past 7 games -- and have shown an ability to win shootouts and grind-outs. This will be a tussle. Shepherd, despite its offensive woes, is a really strong defensive team. East Stroudsburg is just the better, deeper team. Warriors win a pretty close one. ESU -7

Slippery Rock at Millersville - One of the more interesting games of the night. Once emerging as a dark-horse in the West, the Rock has dropped 2 of 3. The Marauders have been up and down. Most recently, they are up again. These teams have very similar guards -- big, athletic, good shooters. The difference will be the 'Ville's big man, star forward Caden Najdawi. SRU is going to have major trouble containing him. If he stays out of foul trouble, the Marauders should win this game. Millersville -5

Kutztown at Mansfield - The Golden Bears sure have a thing for the dramatic. Consider: Their last 4 games have been decided by 2 points or less. They won three of them and lost the other in overtime. So, while Kutztown was just about forgotten after injuries led to an awful start, they are showing signs of life -- including a massive upset of Shippensburg. Mansfield, conversely, has been blown out of three straight buildings. Probably not a 'blowout' tonight, but Kutztown gets a fairly comfortable win. Golden Bears -12

Clarion at Gannon - The Knights are in a tough stretch. GU has lost 3 of its past 4 games, and is walking on very thin ice in the West race. There aren't many easy games in the West this year, and, while Clarion shows flashes, this is a game the Knights have to win. A brutal weekend awaits for Gannon. Trips to UPJ and IUP won't be enjoyable. Clarion, on the other hand, has talent. They have a nice starting five and also a little bit of quality depth. Their issue is playing 40 minutes. They can get hot and score in bunches from inside and outside. But, they can get ice cold and turn in to a turnover machine, too. Gannon just got blasted by California. Clarion is coming off a thunderous performance at Bloomsburg. One is feeling good. The other is not. This could be a good one tonight in the Hammermill. UPSET SPECIAL. Clarion -3

Edinboro at IUP - Will we see a fired up Crimson Hawks tonight feeling they let one get away in Johnstown, or will we see a hungover IUP team? Edinboro is a tricky nut to figure. The Fighting Scots have had some real good moments this year -- an upset of East Stroudsburg and a 5-point loss to California. They've also had some bad moments, most recently an 8-point loss at Seton Hill. There are some storylines in this one. Former IUP recruit Dom Keyes will finally play a game in the KCAC, albeit in an Edinboro uniform. Edinboro guard Jaryn Simpson vs. the KCAC crowd is traditionally the show of the night. No KCAC visitor since Kevin Reynolds gets the level of fan attention that Simpson does. IUP has won the past four meetings -- all via blowout. Expect Edinboro to hang around a bit tonight, but IUP will pull away in the second half. The Scots aren't overly deep. Hawks -17

Seton Hill at California - The Griffins may own the dubious title of being the best 2-15 team in D2. Aside from the beating IUP gave them, Seton Hill is playing pretty well. Recently, the Griffins took both Mercyhurst and UPJ to the wire. Unfortunately, the host tonight in the Mon Valley is red hot. This is likely a game Cal overlooks a bit and I wouldn't be shocked is Seton Hill hangs around for 15-20 minutes. But, the Vulcans just have too much. Danny and his boys pull away in the final 25 minutes. Cal -18

Lock Haven at West Chester - The Shippensburg loss kept the Rams, technically, alive for a bit longer. Now at 3 games back, there's at least still hope. Lock Haven has unraveled of late -- dealing with a very tough stretch of schedule. West Chester gets by this one, although it could be entertaining. WCU -7

Bloomsburg at Shippensburg - The Huskies just gave up 101, at home, to Clarion. This is just what the doctor ordered for the Red Raiders. Shippensburg bounces back from the Kutztown setback in a big way -- with or without Carlos Carter. Ship -15

Comment

• As I expected, Hurst slapped UPJ tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  As I expected, Hurst slapped UPJ tonight!
                  Party in Johnstown didn't last too long. Jesus.

Comment

Party in Johnstown didn't last too long. Jesus.
                    You can't sleep on anyone in the PSAC this season, especially in the West. In the East, Kutztown follows its big win over Ship with a loss to Mansfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You can't sleep on anyone in the PSAC this season, especially in the West. In the East, Kutztown follows its big win over Ship with a loss to Mansfield.

IUPAlum and I talked about the UPJ trip to Mercyhurst. That was a suckers' bet. You could see that coming a mile away.

There was no way UPJ was going to be up for that game after their emotional high Monday night. They treated IUP's visit as Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Regardless of coach speak b.s., it's about impossible for teams to duplicate that energy 48 hours later.

And, the result wasn't pretty. Granted, I don't think anybody thought Mercyhurst would hammer them the way they did.

The old law of averages kicked in, too. UPJ hit every crazy shot it took against IUP. Last night, they couldn't find the rim -- and shot a dreadfuul 41.2% from the FT line.

Mercyhurst isn't THAT good. And, UPJ isn't THAT bad. That was a timing game. The Lakers got them at the perfect time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Kutztown losing to Mansfield is such a joke!

Comment

• No spectators at SRU on Saturday. Is this new or has it been ongoing ?

Comment

IUPAlum and I talked about the UPJ trip to Mercyhurst. That was a suckers' bet. You could see that coming a mile away.

There was no way UPJ was going to be up for that game after their emotional high Monday night. They treated IUP's visit as Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Regardless of coach speak b.s., it's about impossible for teams to duplicate that energy 48 hours later.

And, the result wasn't pretty. Granted, I don't think anybody thought Mercyhurst would hammer them the way they did.

The old law of averages kicked in, too. UPJ hit every crazy shot it took against IUP. Last night, they couldn't find the rim -- and shot a dreadfuul 41.2% from the FT line.

Mercyhurst isn't THAT good. And, UPJ isn't THAT bad. That was a timing game. The Lakers got them at the perfect time.
                            Well said. I though Ship caught IUP at a great time as the Hawks had just lost Jones and were trying to adjust to playing without him. But now Ship has hit some injury problems at a bad time with back-to-back games against ESU and a hot Millersville team coming up.

I've really enjoyed the competitive games in the league this season, but a couple of them have about given me a heart attack. It was nice to finally have an easy one Wednesday night, probably the first really easy one Ship has had since the Wilmington game early in the preseason.

Comment

No spectators at SRU on Saturday. Is this new or has it been ongoing ?
                              Announced in Monday.

Comment

No spectators at SRU on Saturday. Is this new or has it been ongoing ?
                                Its a short-term mitigation effort while they a) try to avoid any more covid-related game cancellations, and b) develop a plan for enforcing the mask mandate. This Saturday is the only home game for a couple weeks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X