Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm news to me. Maybe PSRS is different than PSERS. My wife worked for a school district and had one year of service in the old educators pension. In 2018 she left for a few years and came back to the same school district and had to go into the new system, which is the hybrid pension/403b.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hmm news to me. Maybe PSRS is different than PSERS. My wife worked for a school district and had one year of service in the old educators pension. In 2018 she left for a few years and came back to the same school district and had to go into the new system, which is the hybrid pension/403b.
      Then your wife got screwed by the district. I just mentored a new teacher this past year that was grandfathered into the old system. He previously was an assistant coach for 1 year, went to school and began teaching last year. Since he put into the old system as a coach, he was automatically put in the old pension when he started teaching this year.

Comment

• Former Cal star Phillip Alston got off to a big start with Loyola-Chicago. They played three games in France against professional teams. Alston logged heavy minutes and production in all three games.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Former Cal star Phillip Alston got off to a big start with Loyola-Chicago. They played three games in France against professional teams. Alston logged heavy minutes and production in all three games.

Comment

• That might have been true once. Not so much these days.

Comment

• Pitt announced their non-conference schedule yesterday. They have two exhibition games scheduled against the PSAC West: Clarion on October 22 and Edinboro on November 2.

Comment

Pitt announced their non-conference schedule yesterday. They have two exhibition games scheduled against the PSAC West: Clarion on October 22 and Edinboro on November 2.
                Capel really wanted to challenge his team.

Comment

They way they played some last year, he might finish the pre-season 0-2 and out $30k.

Comment

They way they played some last year, he might finish the pre-season 0-2 and out $30k.
                    Half the Pitt roster should be playing D2 level basketball.

Comment

Good one! There are a couple of D2 teams much closer than those schools that might be a good warmup for them. Lol

If a coach's seat is above lukewarm, I can see why he might pass on them! :-)

Comment

• The men's rosters are out. Tons of new faces in the West. Last year may have been the strongest West in history. Lots of questions marks entering this season.

Not much has changed in my mind regarding the preseason poll.

1. IUP - Hawks have a host of experienced stars returning. They'll stay here until knocked off. This is one of Redshirt Joe's deeper teams.

2. Mercyhurst - Lakers are experienced and deep. We always see a big jump in their play when players come back for a second year in Gary's system.

3. UPJ - New PG takes over, but everybody else returns. Granted, filling the shoes of the great creator, Fred Mulbah, won't be easy.

4. California - Danny's team is going to be very young but the rotation guys have a lot of experience. If some of the young faces emerge, they could be in the mix. Replacing two stars in one off-season isn't easy.

5. Slippery Rock - A solid core returns in addition to a slew of new transfers. Grady has shown a knack for finding guys. I suspect, as usual, they will be a tough out.

6. Gannon - The Knights have had talent the past several years. We'll see if the results change.

7. Edinboro - Lot of new faces. Cleary always finds good offensive guards. Did he find any who play defense?

8. Clarion - The Golden Eagles were almost there ... and then the Portal hit hard. Gerald Jarmon will be a fantasy basketball machine, but his supporting cast is thin.

9. Seton Hill - This is a total rebuild for their new coach. Extremely young roster.

Comment

• These rankings are spot on or preseason. It wouldn't shock me if Cal finishes higher. They've got 3/4 really good youngsters returning that saw a ot of meaningful minutes last year.

Comment

• Rumor has it Phil Alston had 15pts and 10 rbs in a scrimmage against Marquette over the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Rumor has it Phil Alston had 15pts and 10 rbs in a scrimmage against Marquette over the weekend.
                              He's glong to have a big season.

Comment

He's glong to have a big season.
                                Definitely one of the big misses by D1 coaches several years ago. He had some health issues and I thought I heard about an attitude problem, but it certainly seems the RAMBLERS made a very sharp move. It will be fun to watch his progress in a top quality program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X