X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Then what's the reason, genius? Talk to an AD or coach and get a clue. If those games yesterday are 5/7, the Erie schools don't get home until 3am. That's not happening if it can be avoided.
    I still don't see what the issue with that is. When Gannon/Hurst were in the GLIAC, they played games in Michigan at 730p and then came back and those were on school nights too.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You know my theory. I think the brass in Indiana are already set to try and lure Fite to IUP.

He has a lot of connections here, coached under Joe for years, is from Latrobe, etc.

That said, IUP will be a very attractive D2 opening (when it happens). IUP can pay, has a fancy arena and big following, tradition and history, etc.
    When he left for Ship, I figured if Fite had any kind of success it was a given he’d be back to succeed Joe, or at least IUP would go all in to make it happen. And I still think he’d be a great choice when that day comes. But to your last point, IUP could probably get a number of interesting candidates if they cast a wide net with their search. And if things slip a little (or a lot) at the end of Joe’s tenure I wonder if they’d be even more willing to open up the search rather than just hand the reigns to his former right hand man.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You sound dumb, just stop!
    Then what's the reason, genius? Talk to an AD or coach and get a clue. If those games yesterday are 5/7, the Erie schools don't get home until 3am. That's not happening if it can be avoided.
    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-03-2023, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

You know my theory. I think the brass in Indiana are already set to try and lure Fite to IUP.

He has a lot of connections here, coached under Joe for years, is from Latrobe, etc.

That said, IUP will be a very attractive D2 opening (when it happens). IUP can pay, has a fancy arena and big following, tradition and history, etc.
    I'm nowhere near Indiana and I've been told multiple times it's an unspoken understanding that Fite succeeds Lombardi.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

True but remember that Fee is from this area so is he content staying around? Could a PSAC team with more money steal him away?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

True but remember that Fee is from this area so is he content staying around? Could a PSAC team with more money steal him away?
    I just see Fee as a young fast-riser that (by March) will have likely turned a 3-25 team in to an NCAA threat in just one off-season.

If I was some low major I'd certainly be interested.

That said, it still blows my mind Ben is still at WL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I wasn't talking P5 but I could surely see a lower mid-major wanting to take a chance on a young coach like Fee.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's harder to run a pressing system at a higher Division 1 level. Better guard play and taller players make it easier to break a press. Most D2 teams can't simply throw the ball to some 6-10 guy to foil the press.
    I wasn't talking P5 but I could surely see a lower mid-major wanting to take a chance on a young coach like Fee.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied

Gannon and WL will play in the final.

And, Fee will then be gone to a D1 quickly after.
    If this system had any shot for a D1 school, Crutchfield would have been gone long ago. This is a D2 system. Fee would be insane to go D1 with the intention of taking this style with him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's harder to run a pressing system at a higher Division 1 level. Better guard play and taller players make it easier to break a press. Most D2 teams can't simply throw the ball to some 6-10 guy to foil the press.
    Valid points. Tobin Anderson’s system isn’t as extreme as the West Liberty/Nova/Gannon style either. Shaka Smart had to abandon his havoc system at Texas because it wasn’t working in the Big 12.

In Division I everyone has the same number of scholarships too (13) so it’s harder to wear down an opponent… Division II schools have less and it’s unequal.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

It's been incredibly impressive. I didn't think it would happen until at least year 2, but he's made a believer of me. They play so confident and free. And he did a really good job recruiting.

I wouldn't say so fast about Division I though. That's a harder sell at that level. The success of the St Thomas Aquinas coach does help. But it's a harder sell, especially the higher you go in Division I.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied

It's been incredibly impressive. I didn't think it would happen until at least year 2, but he's made a believer of me. They play so confident and free. And he did a really good job recruiting.

I wouldn't say so fast about Division I though. That's a harder sell at that level. The success of the St Thomas Aquinas coach does help. But it's a harder sell, especially the higher you go in Division I.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Yes, but Coaches don't want players on a bus after midnight. Get it?
    You sound dumb, just stop!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Kudos to Gannon and Coach Fee. To have as extreme a roster turnover as he did, he has brought together a squad that works hard and can all score. Their full court press is a work of art. They change all 5 out routinely, and the second unit is nearly as good as the first. I can't understand why they haven't gotten more notice. Teams don't come into Koehler Fieldhouse and beat a Jeff Wilson team like Gannon did. The Golden Knights are loaded for a Championship run.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Kudos to Gannon and Coach Fee. To have as extreme a roster turnover as he did, he has brought together a squad that works hard and can all score. Their full court press is a work of art. They change all 5 out routinely, and the second unit is nearly as good as the first. I can't understand why they haven't gotten more notice. Teams don't come into Koehler Fieldhouse and beat a Jeff Wilson team like Gannon did. The Golden Knights are loaded for a Championship run.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X