Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bballfan03
    replied
    I cannot remember any time that Gannon didn't play the late game in Day 1 of the classic. Until this year as they're playing at 530 and Lincoln/Davenport are 730. Wonder if one of the later teams needed it due to travel purposes?

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    There have been rumors surfacing that the KJ/GU Era may have officially ended. Allegedly, GU paid him for the "backpay" they hadn't paid him and paid him for the amount due to him through Jun 30, 2023. In turn, GU was not responsible for "breaching" the contract (that didn't exist) for his extension and did not have to pay for the remaining years indicated on the appointment letter.

Again, rumors, but 2 have been very good sources historically.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    When Shippensburg High went to the state quarterfinals two years ago, everyone was buzzing about Anthony Smith, who's now playing defensive end at Minnesota, and Jayden Statum, the point guard who landed at Susquehanna after battling shoulder problems.

Smith's brother, Jeremy Thomas, was under the radar, especially when he missed most of his junior year with injury. He went to Cal last year, but didn't play and transferred to Clarion. In Clarion's first two games this weekend, he had 25 points and 27 rebounds -- 18 boards in the opener from a 6-5 swingman.
    We've had a few area kids in various sports slip away from us at Ship. Don't want to see Coach Fite give up on good kids from anywhere as he's done great in western Pa., but I'm glad to see him pick up a few more District 3 kids lately. There usually are some pretty good players in the region year in an year out.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    When Shippensburg High went to the state quarterfinals two years ago, everyone was buzzing about Anthony Smith, who's now playing defensive end at Minnesota, and Jayden Statum, the point guard who landed at Susquehanna after battling shoulder problems.

Smith's brother, Jeremy Thomas, was under the radar, especially when he missed most of his junior year with injury. He went to Cal last year, but didn't play and transferred to Clarion. In Clarion's first two games this weekend, he had 25 points and 27 rebounds -- 18 boards in the opener from a 6-5 swingman.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe needs to go four guards and dump the SF position.

If he's not going to play Brooks he's just playing 5 on 4

Edit: wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hurst has had success against that system in past regionals.
    I'm not talking win/loss.. just anxious for a GU/Hurst game that could surpass 150 total points haha

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
    Fee's system wasn't as effective today but still won. Excited to see it against Hurst.. don't think the 42-38 game will be in play haha
    Hurst has had success against that system in past regionals.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Fee's system wasn't as effective today but still won. Excited to see it against Hurst.. don't think the 42-38 game will be in play haha

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Finally saw the box score for this game and it is U-G-L-Y for two teams who are supposed to be in the hunt for the post season. VULCANS shooting was abysmal, but thankfully FSU was BEYOND ABYSMAL !!! Oh well, DS will hopefully have them ready to face the home team BULLDOGS tonight. Time will tell.
    Opening game of the year can be sloppy. Cal should have a good season.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    VULCANS took opener 60-43 over FSU @ Bowie, Md. No info available that I can find. Not the score I'd expected but a W is a W.
    Finally saw the box score for this game and it is U-G-L-Y for two teams who are supposed to be in the hunt for the post season. VULCANS shooting was abysmal, but thankfully FSU was BEYOND ABYSMAL !!! Oh well, DS will hopefully have them ready to face the home team BULLDOGS tonight. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Wow to wlu over ship

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Don't they have a new coach and a new roster? They probably haven't seen it.

Gannon has some players. They did last year, too. They just had a terrible coach.
    Glenville State is very familiar with the style though... its west liberty style. The players don't matter when you have 9 scoring double figures. And only 2 players from last year's roster had a significant impact. Omajafo, starter, had 21.. lucarotti had 10 coming off bench. The other players from last year got garbage time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Well, didn't take him long to implement the system I guess.

And it's not even like he played an unsuspecting PSAC team--Glenville has seen this system before (twice a year at least).
    Don't they have a new coach and a new roster? They probably haven't seen it.

Gannon has some players. They did last year, too. They just had a terrible coach.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
    Gannon posts 140 in Fees debut
    Well, didn't take him long to implement the system I guess.

And it's not even like he played an unsuspecting PSAC team--Glenville has seen this system before (twice a year at least).

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    VULCANS took opener 60-43 over FSU @ Bowie, Md. No info available that I can find. Not the score I'd expected but a W is a W.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X