• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    I've also seen every game they've played. How many times have you seen them this year? Ryan Smith and Michael Weiss have more than adequately filled the holes left by Steve Harris and Kobi Nwandu. Marc Rodriguez hasn't played a minute after having a stellar Freshman season, and Kitt Walls is also sidelined. If you had told me they wouldn't be in the lineup, I never would imagine them getting off to this start. They're playing way over MY expectations for the team, which is why I'll gladly stand by my statement.
    I'll trust your opinion. I wasn't knocking them. But, your comparison was quite lofty. They were real good last year.

The East is going to be incredible to watch this year. Lot of dog fights ahead. WCU, Kuztown and Ship all lost today. The West regained some street cred although it does have some pretty bad teams this year (so far). This could finally be the game that gets SRU back alive. That was a real big win for them.

I will admit I was very impressed with Shippensburg. They just ran out of gas and IUP hammered them in the second half by 16 points. They are a very tough out.

Millersville is also capable of being sneaky good. The EAST is really loaded. No denying.

Lock Haven got a big win at the Hammermill today, too.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Easy, Tiger. ESU has one quality win (Mercyhurst). Check out the records of the teams you've beat so far. Schedule has been light. Edinboro star didn't play again. That's the first time a Cal and SH road trip will be called tough. Lol. They are 2-16 combined. Millersville beat SH by about a hundred today.

I know ESU is very good. But to compare them to an E8 team after beating a bunch of well below .500 teams is premature.

I've also seen every game they've played. How many times have you seen them this year? Ryan Smith and Michael Weiss have more than adequately filled the holes left by Steve Harris and Kobi Nwandu. Marc Rodriguez hasn't played a minute after having a stellar Freshman season, and Kitt Walls is also sidelined. If you had told me they wouldn't be in the lineup, I never would imagine them getting off to this start. They're playing way over MY expectations for the team, which is why I'll gladly stand by my statement.
    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-08-2018, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    ESU is cutting through the West like a hot knife through butter. Their 86-76 win over Edinboro makes them 3-0 in the PSAC. Today the front court combination of Fr Ryan Smith and Jr Michael Weiss went 9-13, with 19 points. ESU forced 30 turnovers, and scored 30 points off those turnovers. 4 Warriors scored in double figures, and they shot better than 50% from the field today. An impressive start for a team that is still shorthanded. Tough trips to Seton Hill and California next week await the Warriors, but at this point, I think this team might be better than last year's Elite Eight team...
    Easy, Tiger. ESU has one quality win (Mercyhurst). Check out the records of the teams you've beat so far. Schedule has been light. Edinboro star didn't play again. That's the first time a Cal and SH road trip will be called tough. Lol. They are 2-16 combined. Millersville beat SH by about a hundred today.

I know ESU is very good. But to compare them to an E8 team after beating a bunch of well below .500 teams is premature.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-08-2018, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

ESU is cutting through the West like a hot knife through butter. Their 86-76 win over Edinboro makes them 3-0 in the PSAC. Today the front court combination of Fr Ryan Smith and Jr Michael Weiss went 9-13, with 19 points. ESU forced 30 turnovers, and scored 30 points off those turnovers. 4 Warriors scored in double figures, and they shot better than 50% from the field today. An impressive start for a team that is still shorthanded. Tough trips to Seton Hill and California next week await the Warriors, but at this point, I think this team might be better than last year's Elite Eight team...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Lock Haven 60 Gannon 57

SRU 78 West Chester 64

UPJ 109 Kutztown 97

Mercyhurst 95 Bloomsburg 47
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-08-2018, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied

I fixed it. Although the Cal fans may have prefered I didn't.
    Just to put things into perspective, Cheyney (1-7) is averaging 167 at their home games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
    Do you despise Cal that much? ;)
    I fixed it. Although the Cal fans may have prefered I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied

Some (depressing) average attendance numbers so far this season:

IUP: 857
    Mansfield: 599
    Kutztown: 513
    Mercyhurst: 511
    SRU: 485
    Gannon: 482
    Edinboro: 420
    ESU: 385
    Ship: 365
    Bloom: 283
    Millersville: 281
    West Chester: 246
    UPJ: 175
    Clarion: 109
    Lock Haven: 72
    Seton Hill: One home game / not reported

The Thanksgiving games didn't do any favors but with the break coming ... these may get REAL ugly. Plenty of good seats available at Lock Haven.
    Do you despise Cal that much? ;)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Some (depressing) average attendance numbers so far this season:

IUP: 857
    Mansfield: 599
    Kutztown: 513
    Mercyhurst: 511
    SRU: 485
    Gannon: 482
    Edinboro: 420
    ESU: 385
    Ship: 365
    Bloom: 283
    Millersville: 281
    West Chester: 246
    UPJ: 175
    California: 157
    Clarion: 109
    Lock Haven: 72
    Seton Hill: One home game / not reported

The Thanksgiving games didn't do any favors but with the break coming ... these may get REAL ugly. Plenty of good seats available at Lock Haven.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-05-2018, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PSAC76
    replied

I watched the game as well and SRU looked like a ship without a captain. They were very disorganized and almost seemed to play the game like it was a pickup or blacktop game. It was not what I am used to seeing from them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The makeup of this team is no different than the past 10 up there.

Reynolds IS a very good, in-game basketball coach. No denying it. His absence is why this team is 2-5. The other stuff is up for debate.

That's just not a good X's and O's team right now. They were completely lost trying to break the ESU press all night depsite having 8 days to prepare. They continued jacking terrible deep shots instead of pounding the ball. Their use of timeouts was way off.

It was the first time I watched them all year. Granted, ESU causes a lot of havoc. But, they looked lost on both ends. The normal SRU intesnity wasn't there. That's a KR factor.

They have some ballooned stats due to the two D3 games. Take them out and their numbers are pretty bad.

It's actually an intriguing story to watch unfold. I kept thinking it would come together but after seeing them I'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

I watched as much of it as I could ... probably 35 of the 40 minutes.

A team of mercenary types won't ever beat an established team like ESU. The only chance would be if it was at SRU and refs let them goon it up (it happens).

Fundamentally, ESU was just leaps and bounds ahead of SRU.

SRU has individual talent, but 'team' talent is nowhere to be found.

They 'may' -- and it's becoming a giant 'may' -- figure some things out by January. The trouble with a team of cast-offs who are off to a horrible start is how long will they stay interested -- especially the ones not playing much?

The EAST is going to be a pure dogfight this year.
    Wonder how much that played in the player revolt against Reynolds? When you bring in a bunch of players who just want to be stars, they do have a tendency to "spit the bit" when you try to rain them in. Quite possible that Reynolds wanted them to do some things that they just didn't want to do (pass the ball, play defense, play some sort of structured offense, etc) so they revolted. Looks like the new Prez sniffed the chance to get rid of Reynolds and he caved in to the player pressure.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I watched as much of it as I could ... probably 35 of the 40 minutes.

A team of mercenary types won't ever beat an established team like ESU. The only chance would be if it was at SRU and refs let them goon it up (it happens).

Fundamentally, ESU was just leaps and bounds ahead of SRU.

SRU has individual talent, but 'team' talent is nowhere to be found.

They 'may' -- and it's becoming a giant 'may' -- figure some things out by January. The trouble with a team of cast-offs who are off to a horrible start is how long will they stay interested -- especially the ones not playing much?

The EAST is going to be a pure dogfight this year.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

When the zebra's control the game it is a major hindrance to the SRU street ball / goon style.

If forced to play a clean game that's the result you'll see a lot.

SRU drops to 2-5 and 0-5 against D2 competition.

Holding Micah Till to just 7 points helped too!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

When the zebra's control the game it is a major hindrance to the SRU street ball / goon style.

If forced to play a clean game that's the result you'll see a lot.

SRU drops to 2-5 and 0-5 against D2 competition.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X