Seton Hill 72 California 70

IUP 102 Edinboro 53

Gannon 66 Clarion 48

Kutztown vs Millersville (7:30 p.m.)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

Huge, 3-game week (for most) on tap for the PSAC. This is going to be the week that separates the pack. Some teams are going to sink or swim over the next 7 days. It appears the league should get 3 teams in to the Big Dance for sure. A fourth is possible but I wouldn't bank on it.

A quick look at teams still in the race -- some with a quickly-shrinking margin for error.

IUP (8-1, 15-1) -- Hawks' difficult schedule seemingly lightens up (finally). Edinboro and Cal visit the KCAC this week prior to a trip to Clarion next Saturday. Pending a major upset, IUP should go 3-0 this week.

UPJ (6-3, 11-5) -- The Mountain Cats start a grueling 72 hours tomorrow -- first visiting Mercyhurst and then hitting the road again Wednesday for a trip to Slippery Rock. UPJ rounds out the week with Seton Hill. To stay in the NCAA conversation, they have to win 2 of 3 this week. It won't be easy.

East Stroudsburg (7-2, 10-5) -- The Warriors should hammer Bloomsburg tomorrow but then get West Chester and Kutztown to finish the week. ESU hosts a suddenly-hot WCU and travels to the unpredictable Kutztown.

Slippery Rock (9-1, 12-5) -- No doubt the Rock is on a tear, but the fact remains they still took 5 early losses. UPJ visits Morrow prior to a road trip to a struggling Edinboro next Saturday. UPJ is know for some upsets each year but they'll have zero answer for the Rock's size and strength. Hard to see SRU losing this week. Looking at potential tie-breaker scenarios for the NCAA field, SRU lost head-to-head to both Notre Dame and Fairmont State -- two teams likely to be in the mix for spots.

Kutztown (5-5, 11-7) -- The Golden Bears are on NCAA life support at this point but they aren't dead just yet. A pesky Millersville visits tomorrow prior to East Stroudsburg next weekend. They are idle Wednesday which will help prepare for ESU. No choice but going 2-0 this week to stay alive.

West Chester (8-2, 12-5) -- HUGE week for the Golden Rams. WCU travels to East Stroudsburg and then hosts Shippensburg. Win both and they can take control of the East race. Lose both and their NCAA hopes likely vanish.

Shippensburg (8-2, 14-4) -- Red Raiders host a bad Mansfield team prior to travelling to West Chester. The stunning loss at Lock Haven could haunt Shippensburg this season -- not only in the East race but in its chances at an NCAA bid.

Millersville (5-4, 9-7) -- So many close losses. The Marauders are a good team in a great division. They'll remain a tough out but their NCAA dreams end this week.

Mercyhurst 5-4, 10-4) -- Losing at Shippensburg (by 2) and at home to both Slippery Rock (by 2 in 2OT) and IUP (by 11) took a lot of the buzz away from the Lakers. Don't let it fool you. That's a real strong team. One problem is the return games are at Morrorw and the KCAC. UPJ and rival Gannon visit the MAC this week prior to a trip to California. Mercyhurst has to be looking at this as a 3-0 week -- although it won't be easy.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-20-2019, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Bull Durham

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Annie Savoy would have solved all your problems.
    and created many more!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Bull Durham

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Fantastic movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Fantastic movie.

Annie Savoy would have solved all your problems.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Crash Davis .. the Dean of the Bus Leagues ... agrees.

"I'm the player to be named later."

Fantastic movie.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Crash Davis .. the Dean of the Bus Leagues ... agrees.

"I'm the player to be named later."

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    The whole league is now dark tomorrow. I believe that all games have been moved to Monday. Feels like overkill to declare a statewide state-of-emergency, but it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied

Here they are ... the infamous 'break is almost finally over' average attendance numbers:

IUP - 1,004
    Gannon - 437
    Mansfield - 451
    Mercyhurst - 439
    Slippery Rock - 408
    Edinboro - 398
    Kutztown - 396
    Shippensburg - 365
    East Stroudsburg - 348
    West Chester - 263
    Millersville - 251
    Bloomsburg - 255
    UPJ - 196
    Cal - 148
    Lock Haven - 93
    Seton Hill - 83
    Clarion - 72
    Where have they gone. Back when I lived in Erie GU was it. from 08/09

ATTENDANCE SUMMARY GAMES TOTALS AVG/GAME
    HOME.................... 22 38583 1754
    AWAY.................... 11 9914 902
    NEUTRAL................. 1 0 0
    TOTAL................... 34 48497 1427

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    The whole league is now dark tomorrow. I believe that all games have been moved to Monday. Feels like overkill to declare a statewide state-of-emergency, but it is what it is.
    Wow. That may be a first.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

Here they are ... the infamous 'break is almost finally over' average attendance numbers:

IUP - 1,004
    Gannon - 437
    Mansfield - 451
    Mercyhurst - 439
    Slippery Rock - 408
    Edinboro - 398
    Kutztown - 396
    Shippensburg - 365
    East Stroudsburg - 348
    West Chester - 263
    Millersville - 251
    Bloomsburg - 255
    UPJ - 196
    Cal - 148
    Lock Haven - 93
    Seton Hill - 83
    Clarion - 72
    That Ship number has always been a major disappointment. That's friends and family of the players time. Student body is busy partying on Richard Avenue.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

MEC Average Attendance to date:

Fairmont State - 1,016
    West Liberty - 990
    Glenville State - 645
    Notre Dame - 483
    Charleston - 431
    Concord - 413
    Shepherd - 362
    UVA-Wise - 325
    Wheeling Jesuit - 295
    Urbana - 177
    WVW - 129

You can find these on the conference web site under statistics. They get updated after each day of games.

This is typically the 'low point' for the whole season. The PSAC students come back this weekend. They've been off campus for about 6 weeks now.
    Thanks for finding that for me. And nice to see that a few of the MEC schools carry their weight a bit attendance-wise. And our bottom-feeders are quite so low either. But some fairly standard looking numbers there.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X