X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

When the zebra's control the game it is a major hindrance to the SRU street ball / goon style.

If forced to play a clean game that's the result you'll see a lot.

SRU drops to 2-5 and 0-5 against D2 competition.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

82-66 ESU crushes The Rock. SRU tried to intimidate the Warriors with their physical style, but the guys in stripes ended the chippy play early by handing out a technical foul to each team. ESU played smart and used their speed to get open looks all over the floor. SRU tried to double and triple team ESU, but the Warriors more often than not made them pay for that. Considering that this guard-led team is missing two key players from last year's team, and Freshman Ryan Smith, who was limited because of illness, the Warriors are playing great basketball right now...The team is gelling early, and that could mean trouble for the rest of the conference.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

ESU 39
    SRU 29

Half

Rock lack of continuity glaringly obvious. Playing against ESU pressure takes poise.

Anything possible but I'd be shocked if SRU can pull this off.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

UPDATED STANDINGS

EAST

Shippensburg (2-0, 8-0) - Tough week looms with trips to a hostile Bowie State and a Saturday night in Indiana
    West Chester (2-0, 5-3) - Rams have recovered from the 0-2 start. Smoked Cal and Boro by 78 combined points this past weekend.
    East Stroudsburg (1-0, 4-2) - Big test tonight with a physical Slippery Rock
    Kutztown (1-1, 5-3) - Bears get up for big games ... have looked blah in others. Lot of talent.
    Bloomsburg (1-1, 3-3) - Three straight on the road: Mercyhurst, Cal, SRU
    Millersville (1-1, 4-4) - Road trip to Seton Hill and Clarion this week ... should win both easily.
    Lock Haven (1-1, 2-3) - Four straight on road. None will be easy.
    Mansfield (0-2, 1-5) - Two winnable games this week. Felician at home and at Clarion.

WEST

IUP (2-0, 8-0) - Wanted a road test ... got two of them. Lots to practice this week prior to the Saturday night showdown with Shippensburg.
    Mercyhurst (1-1, 5-1) - Disappointing visit to ESU. Bloomsburg and Kutztown visit Erie this week.
    UPJ (1-1, 5-3) - Huge comeback at Shippensburg fell short. Big home game with Kutztown up next.
    Edinboro (1-1, 3-3) - Nice bounce back after the WCU massacre. ESU visits McComb this Saturday in first of four straight home games.
    Gannon (1-1, 3-4) - There are some issues in the Hammermill. Best get worked out quick. Next week starts brutal 4-game stretch.
    SRU (0-0, 2-4) - ESU and WCU this week. Time to sink or swim.
    Seton Hill (0-1, 1-5) - Griffins have been mostly competitive in losses. Lack of defense and size going to be major problem in West play.
    Clarion (0-2, 1-4) - Golden Eagles season may get ugly real quick
    California (0-2, 1-5) - Brutal road trip for the Vulcans about to get worse. Tommy Bolte awaits.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Shippensburg 76 UPJ 71

IUP 74 Millersville 73

West Chester 91 California 64

Mercyhurst 80 Lock Haven 62

Kutztown 87 Clarion 70

Gannon 70 Mansfield 62

Edinboro 97 Bloomsburg 94 (OT)
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-02-2018, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Down goes Edinboro.
    Wow. Big win for Bloom. Rough weekend for the Boro.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Ladies-wise ... yeah, the West is on a whole different level. The Big 3 in the West are legitimate national-level programs.

IUP called the dogs off early yesterday and still beat Kutztown by 40 points.
    Down goes Edinboro.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Ladies-wise ... yeah, the West is on a whole different level. The Big 3 in the West are legitimate national-level programs.

IUP called the dogs off early yesterday and still beat Kutztown by 40 points.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    At least the west is still dominant in WBB.
    I don't really get bogged down in the east vs west thing. I only really care what one team does. I don't cheer against the others (well, a few perhaps).

Ideally you love a day like yesterday when 6 teams in your division start 0-1 in league play.

I count losses. The closer they get to 8-9 losses the sooner they are eliminated.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

At least the west is still dominant in WBB.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The EAST put a 6 win beating on the West yesterday. The West got just two wins (IUP and UPJ).

Today may not be much different.

UPJ at Ship is a great game.

IUP better not sleep on Millersville ... they have some players and also blew out Cal yesterday. Senior Marcus Adkinson could start for almost every team in the league.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Mason Mraz, assumed to be Clarion's star, hasn't appeared in a single box score yet.

Is he injured or no longer there?

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    ONLY in a Reilly / Manchel game can you score 43 points and lose by only 7 points!!!
    This is more accurate!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    No worries! Glad my critique was helpful.
    It is early in the season and I didn't play any tough out of conference games so I'm not in form yet!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    OK...My bad! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll try harder getting my PSAC insult timing squared away!!!
    No worries! Glad my critique was helpful.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X