• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

Monday recap and the (not overly exciting) week ahead:

IUP (2-0) - Two big wins. Bowie State at KCAC on Wednesday.
    Edinboro (1-0) - Tune-up win over Thiel with balanced scoring. Trip to Lake Erie on Saturday.
    Gannon (1-1) - Dropped a low-scoring, OT affair at Shepherd. No games this week.
    UPJ (1-1) - Young team played well. PSU branch visits Saturday.
    California (0-2) - Tough start but showed life. Shippensburg visits this weekend.
    Seton Hill (0-2) - Scored some points. Gave up a ton. Alderson Broaddus comes to Greensburg this Saturday.
    Slippery Rock (0-2) - Played well enough to win both games but came home winless. Carlow and District of Columbia come to Morrow this week.
    Clarion (0-0) - Golden Eagles just don't want to get the season going. Just one game this week (Theil)
    Mercyhurst (0-0) - Lake Show opens at home with a tough Daemen team on Wednesday. Roberts Wesleyan visits Erie on Saturday.

Early West Stat Leaders:

Nathan Davis (SH) 26.5 ppg
    Trevor Blondin (SH) 25.5 ppg
    Micah Till (SRU) 23.5 ppg
    Cobo Diaz (IUP) 22.0 ppg

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    If CALU, SRU games vs FSU, NDC are any indicator, the VULCANS could be competitive in the PSAC as they play together longer. Both teams finished their visit to FSU at 0-2, SRU definitely put up more of a fight but ended with the same results. For the second straight game DS played only the same 6 players. I wish someone could give me some insight, or even wild speculation, why any coach would likely exhaust his best players like this. Are the subs that bad ? Did they all get food poisoning in WV? Is he punishing them for not making the first team? WTF ????
    That will need to change ASAP. It works (somewhat) opening weekend. Those legs don't last forever, however.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

If CALU, SRU games vs FSU, NDC are any indicator, the VULCANS could be competitive in the PSAC as they play together longer. Both teams finished their visit to FSU at 0-2, SRU definitely put up more of a fight but ended with the same results. For the second straight game DS played only the same 6 players. I wish someone could give me some insight, or even wild speculation, why any coach would likely exhaust his best players like this. Are the subs that bad ? Did they all get food poisoning in WV? Is he punishing them for not making the first team? WTF ????

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Wlu beat west Chester 94-80.
    Led by as many as 20 in second half before winning by 14. Forced turnovers with pressure

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

St. Augustine's 77 East Stroudsburg 65 -----> yikes

West Virginia Wesleyan 74 Kutztown 72 ----> wow

Virginia Union 75 Lock Haven 65

Shaw 91 Mansfield 77

Charleston 100 Seton Hill 76 ---> Griffins give up 3 digits both games this weekend

Millersville 91 Wheeling Jesuit 71

West Liberty 94 West Chester 80 ---------> WCU 0-2

Concord 81 UPJ 72

Shepherd 66 Gannon 60

Notre Dame 73 Cal 61

Norfolk State 74 Clarion 46 (Exhibition)

Edinboro 81 Thiel 63

IUP 69 Virginia State 67 -----> VSU 0-2

Ship 65 Virginia Union 60

Fairmont 82 SRU 79
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-10-2018, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

East Stroudsburg vs Shaw (Sunday) ... Shaw loaded with high-end imports

Ship vs Va Union ... Day 1 post Sleva and McCarther

Fairmont vs Slippery Rock ... Rock poses issues for any team

IUP vs Va State .... expecting a different Va State tonight

WL vs WCU .... both gonna be fired up

Gannon vs Shepherd

Kutz vs WVW

Big ones today
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-10-2018, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

SCORES

Gannon 90 Wheeling Jesuit 75

UPJ 59 Virginia State 58 ---------> HUGE upset

Kutztown 107 West Liberty 97 ----> KU's Anthony Lee went for 41

Notre Dame 77 Slippery Rock 75 -----> Till went for 31 but Vorhees went for 29 & 14

Shepherd 81 Millersville 73

Mercyhurst 95 Fredonia 36 -------> Lake Show won't score 95 in its next two games combined

IUP 83 Concord 72 ---> Bolte got his 29 but IUP got the W

West Virginia Wesleyan 80 West Chester 72 ----------------------> wow .. Rams pounded on glass, 48-23

Glenville 100 Seton Hill 93 ----> Nathan Davis with 30 for SH

Fairmont State 86 California 70
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-09-2018, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Oh, so he was a non factor then. Got it!!!
    He's on OL. You only notice when they screw up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Yes, he played.
    Oh, so he was a non factor then. Got it!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Was Staunch on the football field last weekend?
    Boro plays at 7 p.m. tomorrow so Staunch could play ... I doubt he does but that would likely give him some type of school record -- starting a Boro varsity football and basketball game on the same day.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Yes, he played.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

How can they fix that issue? I thought they were drawing better last year?

I said 'blah' referring to it's a game Boro should win by 20-25+ ... not so much the opponent or crowd.
    Yeah up slightly - about 80/game. They've been averaging around 425 for the past decade. I think you can go for the tougher opponents at home once you start building a following. Sometimes you need to leverage familiarity to get butts in the seats. The irregular attenders and randoms are more likely to show up when their nephew's friend is playing nearby. I guarantee you that they would draw more for Behrend than they would for West Liberty.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Very few people are going to games regardless of the opponent. I'd rather they try to draw a local crowd than play some school that nobody in NWPA has heard of or cares about. Thiel is 40 miles away. I'd say the only better non-conference game they could get to draw a crowd on a snowy November 10 evening would be Penn State Behrend or Allegheny. Both are DIII but would bring 50-100 people with them. That's 50-100 paying customers more than Bowie State or U Sciences or Ashland.
    How can they fix that issue? I thought they were drawing better last year?

I said 'blah' referring to it's a game Boro should win by 20-25+ ... not so much the opponent or crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Edinboro: Thiel ------> Will Staunch play football during the afternoon and basketball at night? Blah opener.
    Very few people are going to games regardless of the opponent. I'd rather they try to draw a local crowd than play some school that nobody in NWPA has heard of or cares about. Thiel is 40 miles away. I'd say the only better non-conference game they could get to draw a crowd on a snowy November 10 evening would be Penn State Behrend or Allegheny. Both are DIII but would bring 50-100 people with them. That's 50-100 paying customers more than Bowie State or U Sciences or Ashland.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X