X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPJ pounded ESU Boro beat Shep

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP pummeled Bloom but that's irrelevant tonight with the injury news.
      What injury news

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        UPJ pounded ESU Boro beat Shep
        West Chester squeaked past gannon

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

What injury news
          IUP star forward Tommy Demo knee jacked up.

Comment

IUP star forward Tommy Demo knee jacked up.
            Is that the big kid from Illinois?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Is that the big kid from Illinois?
              Yep

Comment

Yep
                Having grown up in the Chicago area, I'm curious as to how Indiana got a kid from Orland Park. Do you know any of the details?

Comment

Having grown up in the Chicago area, I'm curious as to how Indiana got a kid from Orland Park. Do you know any of the details?
                  Why wouldn't any one jump at a chance to play for a D2 powerhouse? (Unless they've got Duke et al at the door lol)

Comment

• UPJ is now the favorite with IUP losing Demo for the season. That kid was a more athletic, better player than Cobo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Why wouldn't any one jump at a chance to play for a D2 powerhouse? (Unless they've got Duke et al at the door lol)
                      LOL. So Indiana has a constant stream of Illinois players coming out to Pa.? I was just curious as to how the connection was made.

Comment

LOL. So Indiana has a constant stream of Illinois players coming out to Pa.? I was just curious as to how the connection was made.
                        If you go back 25 years with IUP, the men's team has routinely brought in players from all over the country (and globe).

Joe coached at St. Bonaventure and Pitt prior to IUP. He has connections all over. It helps he has a lot of money to spend.

Hopefully Demo takes a medical redshirt and they start over next season. They'll still win some games this year but by and large the season is lost (as Joe all but said in the paper today).
                        ?????

Comment

If you go back 25 years with IUP, the men's team has routinely brought in players from all over the country (and globe).

Joe coached at St. Bonaventure and Pitt prior to IUP. He has connections all over. It helps he has a lot of money to spend.

Hopefully Demo takes a medical redshirt and they start over next season. They'll still win some games this year but by and large the season is lost (as Joe all but said in the paper today).
                          ?????
                          OK, good enough. Great that he has connections and I know some PSAC coaches like to bring in a lot of transfers. Just haven't seen many Illinois kids on PSAC rosters. Somebody obviously reached out to him as I can assure you that most kids growing up in Illinois haven't heard much of anything about the PSAC, let alone IUP. Sounds as if he was a good player, and good luck the rest of your season without him.

Comment

• Just be sure that all the paperwork is correct. Gaaaaaaa-ryyyyyyyyy!

Comment

• Updated (Men's) Standings

EAST

West Chester (2-0, 6-0)
                              Shippensburg (2-0, 6-1)
                              Bloomsburg (1-1, 3-3)
                              Kutztown (1-1, 2-4)
                              Mansfield (1-1, 2-4)
                              Lock Haven (0-2, 3-2)
                              East Stroudsburg (0-2, 3-3)
                              Millersville (0-2, 3-3)
                              Shepherd (0-2, 3-3)

WEST

IUP (2-0, 5-0)
                              UPJ (2-0, 5-1)
                              Mercyhurst (2-0, 4-1)
                              Edinboro (1-1, 4-1)
                              Cal (2-0, 4-2)
                              Slippery Rock (1-1, 3-3)
                              Gannon (1-1, 1-2)
                              Seton Hill (0-2, 1-3)
                              Clarion (0-2, 0-5)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Just be sure that all the paperwork is correct. Gaaaaaaa-ryyyyyyyyy!

Gary only recruited players from 'Saltsburg' ...

Say what you will about him ... But Gary had good teams here full of stud players. Legal or not ... History doesn't sweat the minor details. Lol.

Dennis Mims would have ate Cobo for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Rodney Horton may be the best guard in school history (aside from Jack Crossan).

I know he had his issues ... But those were some real good teams. I think even the football team was afraid of that 2001 team.

For the younger crowd, Jack Crossan was essentially IUP's Jimmy Chitwood (prior to the three-point shot).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X