• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Standings

West

IUP (2-0) - Hawks off to a strong start
    Edinboro (1-0) - Beat up Thiel and got beat up by Cleveland State (exhibition). Trips to Roberts Wesleyan and Notre Dame up next.
    UPJ (1-1) - Didn't look as good as advertised on opening weekend. Ohio Dominican comes to town this weekend in what should be a tough test.
    Slippery Rock (1-1) - Impressive win over Notre Dame and a real tight loss at Fairmont State. Eight more games until Till returns. Charleston visits this weekend.
    Gannon (0-0) - First three games are brutal: at Bowie State, West Chester and Millersville.
    Mercyhurst (0-0) - Lakers debut at Daemen this Thursday
    Seton Hill (0-0) - WV road trip looms ... at Wheeling and at Alderson Broaddus.
    California (0-2) - Vulcans have two losses by three combined points -- against formidable opponents.
    Clarion (0-2) - Golden Eagles blown out twice on opening weekend.

EAST

West Chester (2-0) - Strong start for a team with many new faces
    Lock Haven (1-0) - Bald Eagles stomped hapless Cheyney, 87-48.
    Kutztown (1-1) - Golden Bears survived Lincoln and got beat up by Claflin. Not a great start.
    Mansfield (1-1) - MU came back after getting pasted by WL and got a win over St. Augustine's
    Millersville (1-1) - Dropped a 1-point heart-breaker at Fairmont ... blew out Notre Dame the next day.
    Shepherd (1-1) - Lost the opener to Charleston but rallied with impressive win over Bowie State.
    Shippensburg (1-1) - Nice win over Virginia Union to start the season, but dropped a tight one in a home loss to Virginia State.
    Bloomsburg (0-2) - Gave up 103 to Glenville and then lost by (9) to Fayetteville State.
    East Stroudsburg (0-2) - Scored just 49 points in each loss to open season. The offense is a wreck in Stroudsburg right now.
    East Stroudsburg beat VUU 84-74. Their record is 1-1

Comment

• Originally posted by kjb0615 View Post

East Stroudsburg beat VUU 84-74. Their record is 1-1

I see that ... the PSAC web site had it reported incorrectly. Odd. It is still showing them as 0-2.

Comment

• UPDATED MEN'S STANDINGS - WEST

IUP (3-0)
        Edinboro (2-0)
        UPJ (3-1)
        Mercyhurst (1-1)
        Seton Hill (1-1)
        California (1-2)
        Gannon (0-1)
        Clarion (0-3)

Comment

• A little lost in the shadows of a big PSAC football weekend is a really good weekend of crossover games.

The best games:

Saturday (really strong slate of games)

West Chester (4-0) at Gannon (0-1): The new-look GU looked kind of like the old-look GU in its only game. Undefeated WCU visiting the Hammermill likely isn't a good cure.

Shippensburg (4-1) at Slippery Rock (2-2): SRU has at least four games to go before Micah Till returns. This would be a huge win if they can get it -- but it will be difficult.

Shepherd (3-1) at Edinboro (3-0): The Rams have been hot ever since a rough opening night. Edinboro has won two straight tight games. This should be a good one.

East Stroudsburg (3-1) at UPJ (3-1): UPJ finally put it all together in its last outing -- drubbing a solid Ohio Dominican. It's hard to win in Johnstown as the home team shoots incredibly well up there. ESU's press needs to frustrate UPJ's guards. UPJ will have a tremendous edge under the basket.

Millersville (3-1) at Mercyhurst (2-1): The Marauders can ball. The Lakers suffocate teams. Something has to give one way or the other.

Bloomsburg (2-2) at IUP (3-0): The Huskies have some legit size which should test the more-athletic IUP.

Sunday

Shippensburg at Edinboro: Both coming off tough games 24 hours earlier.

Shepherd at Mercyhurst: Rams get introduced to the Triangle and Two. Enjoy.

Kutztown at UPJ: In the event Moe Williams ever returns, Kutztown could be pretty strong. They are dying without him.

East Stroudsburg at IUP: The D2 Showcase Game. Enough said.

Comment

• What's with this 2 games in 18 hours crap that the PSAC is pulling this year? Forever its been Thursday and Saturday only until post-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              What's with this 2 games in 18 hours crap that the PSAC is pulling this year? Forever its been Thursday and Saturday only until post-season.
              They've done weekend crossovers for several years. Sucks for everybody ... Players and fans.

I guees they figure get two games out of your long bus ride east or west

The west teams all do a weekend in the east right before Xmas.

Comment

They've done weekend crossovers for several years. Sucks for everybody ... Players and fans.

Yup, I assume it's done to reduce travel costs. Makes sense from a cost angle, but obviously is tough on the traveling team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ship lost at least one of the games this weekend. Road wins are always tough in the PSAC, and they haven't had their three-point shooting in gear so far.

Comment

Crossover games have been part of the PSAC as long as Gannon has been there. Looked at the 2009-10 schedule and there were two crossover weekends the first two weeks of January (one West to East, the other East to West). It's not optimal, but it saves on travel. etc.

When Gannon was in the GLIAC, road trips were always Thursday / Saturday. but that league was far more sprawling than the PSAC. It was a luxury for teams to stay in Erie for two nights on the Gannon / Mercy road trip.

Comment

• I just don't recall them being on consecutive days. I understand drive out to play East Stroudsburg on Thursday then play Bloomsburg on Saturday afternoon and back after that game.

Comment

I just don't recall them being on consecutive days. I understand drive out to play East Stroudsburg on Thursday then play Bloomsburg on Saturday afternoon and back after that game.
                      Some years it's easy and others it's a bear.

ESU, for example, is playing UPJ and IUP back-to-back days. That's a tough draw.

A couple years ago we had Kutztown and Shippensburg and the year prior WCU and ESU.

I know they are young kids and their bodies recover quickly but it's still a lot. The Sunday games almost always tend to be sloppy (and draw a crappy gate "competing" against the NFL).

Comment

What's with this 2 games in 18 hours crap that the PSAC is pulling this year? Forever its been Thursday and Saturday only until post-season.
                        Been that way for years now.. always a sat-sun crossover weekend to open conference season.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Been that way for years now.. always a sat-sun crossover weekend to open conference season.
                          Looking back 10 years, VULCANS x-over weekends happened each year except '13-'14. Timing varied including Nov, Dec, Jan and it was East/West alternatively. It seems to be locking into late Nov- early Dec. I tend to agree that a split would be better but Friday and Sunday seems like the best days both from an expense and interest POV.

Comment

• Shep over Boro 40-38 at the break

Comment

• Ship puts the hurt on the Rock, 92-67. Hit the three-pointers today.

Comment

• IUP pummeled Bloom but that's irrelevant tonight with the injury news.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X