X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

SRU has had to cancel several basketball games so I think its some sort of mitigation strategy for the team. But you're right - the state can require masks to be worn inside any campus buildings but its not being followed off campus. I'd hate to be a university leader right now.
    The official release doesn't give a timeline.

Sucks for everybody. I know the players hate the empty gyms.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's comical because nobody goes to their games anyway other than when certain teams visit.

It's just like, OK, kids you can't come to the game at night. So, just go to any frat house you can find and party or go up to the Ginger Hill with 900 kids crammed inside with no masks.

I know. They should just stay in their rooms and study. Good luck with that option.
    SRU has had to cancel several basketball games so I think its some sort of mitigation strategy for the team. But you're right - the state can require masks to be worn inside any campus buildings but its not being followed off campus. I'd hate to be a university leader right now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Just for a week.
    It's comical because nobody goes to their games anyway other than when certain teams visit.

It's just like, OK, kids you can't come to the game at night. So, just go to any frat house you can find and party or go up to the Ginger Hill with 900 kids crammed inside with no masks.

I know. They should just stay in their rooms and study. Good luck with that option.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Slippery Rock just closed up Morrow. No fans allowed.
    Just for a week.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Slippery Rock just closed up Morrow. No fans allowed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Ahhhh yes. One of the KCAC's favorite visitors is coming to town tomorrow in Mr. Simpson. IUP makes him feel right at home.

Watch the game tomorrow. He'll spend more time yapping at the crowd than focusing on the game.
    God I wish I could be there to hammer him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm sure he'll take a look at the UPJ film and how they stopped Ethan. Problem is I don't think there is any way David, Armoni and Demo shoot as bad as they did game 1. Chalk this up too... Polce, Diller and Sulaiman are all playing much better now than they were the first game. Could be a heated game BUT Edinboro is next up.
    Ahhhh yes. One of the KCAC's favorite visitors is coming to town tomorrow in Mr. Simpson. IUP makes him feel right at home.

Watch the game tomorrow. He'll spend more time yapping at the crowd than focusing on the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

That's what I'm worried about Saturday. LOL. He's tough as hell the second time around each season.
    I'm sure he'll take a look at the UPJ film and how they stopped Ethan. Problem is I don't think there is any way David, Armoni and Demo shoot as bad as they did game 1. Chalk this up too... Polce, Diller and Sulaiman are all playing much better now than they were the first game. Could be a heated game BUT Edinboro is next up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Gary is one of the top coaches in this region. He finds ways!
    That's what I'm worried about Saturday. LOL. He's tough as hell the second time around each season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
    Just looked at the box score for the SRU Mercyhurst game and what jumped out at me was that Britt took 23 shots. Not sure if Mercyhurst made him the only option or if other players were in foul trouble, but 23 shots is off the charts. His season high was 14 shots in a game. He shot it very well from three (3-7) but his two point conversion rate was 4-16 (25%). It was a 7pt game so 4 more two point makes would have been huge. Rock won the boards 39-29 and TOs were even. Mercyhurst had 2 players foul out, SRU none. Experienced coach got his team to play even losing rebound battle by a wide margin.
    Gary is one of the top coaches in this region. He finds ways!

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied
    Just looked at the box score for the SRU Mercyhurst game and what jumped out at me was that Britt took 23 shots. Not sure if Mercyhurst made him the only option or if other players were in foul trouble, but 23 shots is off the charts. His season high was 14 shots in a game. He shot it very well from three (3-7) but his two point conversion rate was 4-16 (25%). It was a 7pt game so 4 more two point makes would have been huge. Rock won the boards 39-29 and TOs were even. Mercyhurst had 2 players foul out, SRU none. Experienced coach got his team to play even losing rebound battle by a wide margin.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A really key stretch for a lot of West teams starts tomorrow night. Looking at the 'next three' for the teams in the West race:

UPJ - Pitt-Johnstown travels to Mercyhurst tomorrow, then hosts Gannon before hitting the road for a game at California.
    Thoughts: Very difficult three-game span. UPJ is idle Monday so they get some extra time to prep for the trip to Angelo's Dome. Coming off last night's high and then making the trip to Mercyhurst is a big challenge.

IUP - The Hawks return home for their first meaningful game at the KCAC since way back on Dec. 18. Edinboro, Mercyhurst and Gannon visit between tomorrow and Monday.
    Thoughts: No time to panic. Take care of business tomorrow and get ready for Round 2 with the Lakers, which we all know will be a war. Gary has likely watched Round 1 about 85 times. Gannon is never an easy game. Hawks have to cash in on all three being in the KCAC.

Mercyhurst - The Lakers host UPJ and travel to Indiana. They are idle next Monday before hosting Seton Hill.
    Thoughts: Mercyhurst took some lumps. But, those can be quickly forgotten about over these next two games. If they go 0-2 the rest of this week, it's a big problem.

Slippery Rock - The Rock makes the long road trip to a surging Millersville tomorrow before hosting California this Saturday. SRU then plays at Edinboro on Monday night.
    Thoughts: SRU has to take 2 of these 3 -- and, that won't be easy.

California - The Vulcans host Seton Hill tomorrow, travel to Slippery Rock this weekend and then get Monday off for extra prep time for UPJ's Wednesday visit.
    Thoughts: This is a nice stretch for Cal. Seton Hill may at least give them a decent workout. They'll beat SRU and then get 3 days to prep for UPJ's huge visit.

Gannon - An 'at times' dangerous Clarion visits the Hammermill tomorrow. The Knights then have the daunting task of playing at Johnstown and Indiana within a 72-hour window.
    Thoughts: With four PSAC losses, Gannon is starting to walk on pretty thin ice. They'll be road dogs in Johnstown and Indiana. And, don't look past Clarion tomorrow night. They just dropped 66 in one half on Bloomsburg. The Golden Eagles are going to get somebody. Who is it going to be?

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Just checking the PSAC XO results, which dramatically favor the West, and noticed that CAL's game with SHIP isn't designated as PSAC XO. Was that just a filler game and is that a common occurrence ?? The top six West teams have a 27-7 record versus the East with 2 games remaining.
    Usually, some of the early games don't count in the standings. Ship is 5-2 against the West, both losses without Biss in the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    After trailing at halftime, Clarion dropped 66 second half points on Bloomsburg last night on their way to a 101-90 road win.

Even more odd, star forward Lawrence Lemon didn't play last night for the Golden Eagles.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Just checking the PSAC XO results, which dramatically favor the West, and noticed that CAL's game with SHIP isn't designated as PSAC XO. Was that just a filler game and is that a common occurrence ?? The top six West teams have a 27-7 record versus the East with 2 games remaining.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X