Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more notes to add---

-Word coming down that the ACC will release its basketball schedule tomorrow (November 10) at 9:30 AM. I thought I heard that it may be on ACC Network. Makes sense.

-The early signing period for NCAA hoops will start on Wednesday (November 11).

-Pitt has made the list of the final six schools of utra-talented 4-star 2022 6-4 SG Roddy Gayle, Jr. This guy would be a major get to be sure. But looking at the competition of Georgetown, UConn, Ohio State, Marquette, and Syracuse it is going to be some tough sledding to land him. Gayle, hails from Youngstown, New York and will make his choice on Friday. I would love to see him choose Pitt but I have to say I don't like our chances very much here.

Comment

• Gonzaga is going to open up No. 1.

What they've built there - in basically the middle of nowhere - is simply amazing.

Comment

• From Pitt today:

More details regarding the non-conference schedule, pricing, and collecting ticket requests will be released later this week.

Of note on the ACC schedule, Pitt gets Duke (home and home) and also hosts North Carolina.

Comment

• No students? Interesting move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            No students? Interesting move.
            See Notre Dame-Clemson game. LOL.

I thought I heard on Packer-Durham this morning that Duke will be having no fans at all until further notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Gonzaga is going to open up No. 1.

What they've built there - in basically the middle of nowhere - is simply amazing.
              I see North Carolina and Deputy Dog are back in the Top 25 after after a disaster of a season last year. Good incoming recruiting class.

Expectations are quite low for Pitt this season according to the ACC media voters. They were picked 13th out of 15 teams (only BC and Wake Forest below them) and no all conference picks nor freshman to watch for. At least they are flying under the radar here. Sometimes that can be a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I see North Carolina and Deputy Dog are back in the Top 25 after after a disaster of a season last year. Good incoming recruiting class.

Expectations are quite low for Pitt this season according to the ACC media voters. They were picked 13th out of 15 teams (only BC and Wake Forest below them) and no all conference picks nor freshman to watch for. At least they are flying under the radar here. Sometimes that can be a good thing.
                Pitt 'looks' like an ACC team now. Not that it means anything.

That projection was trash in my opinion. They should at least me mid-pack.

Comment

No students? Interesting move.
                  Yeah ... we have had season tickets since 2012 ... but, I don't 'donate' so my Panther Points are very low. We may get 1-2 games this year.

Comment

Yeah ... we have had season tickets since 2012 ... but, I don't 'donate' so my Panther Points are very low. We may get 1-2 games this year.
                    So now you tell us that. I just wasted two years or so that I could have been kissing up to you and getting on your good side. LOL.

Comment

Pitt 'looks' like an ACC team now. Not that it means anything.

That projection was trash in my opinion. They should at least me mid-pack.
                      They absolutely should look much more like an ACC team this year. Capel not only recruited talent but length as well. 6-10 Max Amadasun. 6-9 Big John Hugley. 6-8 Noah Collier. 6-7 Young Will Jeffress. 6-5 Showtime Femi Odukale.

The biggest problem that Pitt has basically faced during their time in the ACC is that they never re-tooled their program for the kind of athlete and player that you need to find success there. This recruiting class should go a long ways towards rectifying that.

I, too, was a bit surprised at Pitt's preseason slot but I guess you do have to factor in that they have a lot of new and young players. But it's the ACC---the heavies are going to get all the press and accolades.

Looks like Pitt has a 25-game schedule this season. Five non-conference and 20 conference games. I really don't know what to expect to be honest. Information that I usually can get from the booster types just isn't there with all the restrictions of living in the world of covid. If the young players can gell maybe they do okay.

Comment

They absolutely should look much more like an ACC team this year. Capel not only recruited talent but length as well. 6-10 Max Amadasun. 6-9 Big John Hugley. 6-8 Noah Collier. 6-7 Young Will Jeffress. 6-5 Showtime Femi Odukale.

The biggest problem that Pitt has basically faced during their time in the ACC is that they never re-tooled their program for the kind of athlete and player that you need to find success there. This recruiting class should go a long ways towards rectifying that.

I, too, was a bit surprised at Pitt's preseason slot but I guess you do have to factor in that they have a lot of new and young players. But it's the ACC---the heavies are going to get all the press and accolades.

Looks like Pitt has a 25-game schedule this season. Five non-conference and 20 conference games. I really don't know what to expect to be honest. Information that I usually can get from the booster types just isn't there with all the restrictions of living in the world of covid. If the young players can gell maybe they do okay.
                        In the good-ole-boy, redneck ACC ... Pitt is just a ciry-slicking necessary evil. Think MD in the Big.

What's it been now ... 5-7 years in the ACC? Who is Pitt's rival?

I would have love to seen Jamie's elite teams in the ACC. Mercyhurst of D1.

Comment

So now you tell us that. I just wasted two years or so that I could have been kissing up to you and getting on your good side. LOL.

Lol. I have crappy seats. Lower bowl buy crappy. Give me the KCAC on a Saturday night anytime.

Comment

• Every D1 basketball program in NY state has requested an exemption to the state's travel and attendance limits. I guess that excludes Cornell and Columbia because the Ivy League voted no winter sports.

Comment

Every D1 basketball program in NY state has requested an exemption to the state's travel and attendance limits. I guess that excludes Cornell and Columbia because the Ivy League voted no winter sports.
                              The thought of playing in the relic Carrier Dome -- empty -- cracks me up. I can't even imagine what it would look like.

Comment

• A few Pitt notes to add---

-A couple of players who had Pitt on their list of finalists made commitments today. PG Jaquan Carlos has opted to go to Hofstra and SG Roddy Gayle not very surprisingly selected Ohio State. I like certain things about Carlos----he was from Brooklyn, was a pure PG, great work ethic, solid character, had faced big-time competition, and was certainly a very good hoops player. Things I had some degree of trepidation about were his lack of height and his ranking of 223rd in the nation and the 49th PG in the nation. At this juncture you would think that Pitt could land players higher ranked than that (see last year's recruiting class when they got four guys in the top 150). I just don't think that Jeff Capel was willing to bring him on board at this point in time with only one current available scholarship for next spring.

-SG Kyle Cuffe (2022) has released a final six schools----Pitt, Georgia, St. John's, Kansas, Kansas State, and Texas A&M. He plans to make his decision in the latter part of December. I am even on our chances here. I think all of these schools have a shot at him. He is a native of New Jersey but I don't think geography means much to the players of today as it once did in the past.

-Pitt released some more of their OOC schedule. Games at the Pete against St. Francis (Nov 25- 7PM tip), Drexel (Nov 28), and Drexel (Dec 12).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X