Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: D1

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you recall, Joe was YSU's first choice. Many thought he would return to his alma mater. It was beleived by many that the next IUP coach would have been either Calhoun or Chris Fite.

    Joe ultimately turned the job down. The rest is history. True story.

    I think Joe goes at least 5 more years. The job is too easy and pays too much.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

      It takes times. He's a good coach.

      I went to one of his games this year. His National Finalist team at FSU would have mopped the floor with his team from this past sesson.
      Bingaya was a legit D1 player. I believe he simply ran into some trouble at Southern Miss before transferring to FSU. He was darn near unstoppable at the D2 level. Add in high quality D2 players (like Wimbush & Jolly) and that was a team to be reckoned with.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        If you recall, Joe was YSU's first choice. Many thought he would return to his alma mater. It was beleived by many that the next IUP coach would have been either Calhoun or Chris Fite.

        Joe ultimately turned the job down. The rest is history. True story.

        I think Joe goes at least 5 more years. The job is too easy and pays too much.
        Exactly. Joe runs that department and Tort knows it. Reminds me of how Edinboro was with Walkovich and Tepper. Drove Tepper nuts.

        Comment


        • Will Jeffress officially committed to Pitt 2 min ago.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
            Will Jeffress officially committed to Pitt 2 min ago.
            I had a feeling they were it. James Conner became his BFF within the past year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Will Jeffress officially committed to Pitt 2 min ago.
              Is he going to re-classify?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                Is he going to re-classify?
                Yes, he declared the reclassification months ago.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

                  I had a feeling they were it. James Conner became his BFF within the past year.
                  You call it what you want but we all know it was Mike Gallagher getting on both their nuts trying to make a buck!

                  Comment


                  • His dad is a sport management professor at Mercyhurst.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      His dad is a sport management professor at Mercyhurst.
                      You don’t get it...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

                        You don’t get it...
                        Don't get what you're going for. I was simply sharing that his dad works at Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst is in the PSAC. That's it. That's the point.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          Will Jeffress officially committed to Pitt 2 min ago.
                          Indeed. Big news for the Pitt program as it adds a top 75 player nationally to its rebuild efforts. Jeffress of course is a 6-7 forward who reclassified a few months ago as IUPalum made reference to. With his commitment to the Panther program Pitt now has the 13th overall recruiting class nationally and 4th in the ACC. A lot of ACC caliber talent has been added by Jeff Capel this recruiting season.

                          Jeffress is not your typical recruit as he has a GPA over 4.0 and is a serious student. His dad, as FightingScot82 made mention of, is a college professor and his mother I believe is a doctor IIRC. He will turn 17 in June. He cited his relationship with Capel, his nearby support system he has as his home is less than two hours away, and his admiration for the city of Pittsburgh's toughness and its sports teams as all leading factors as to why he chose Pitt in the end after mulling some other unbelievable offers from quality schools.

                          Pitt will now add the following to its roster next year---

                          SG 6-3 Ithiel Horton (transfer)

                          CG 6-5 Femi Odukale

                          F 6-9 John Hugley

                          F 6-8 Noah Collier

                          F 6-7 William Jeffress

                          C 6-10 Max Amadasun


                          That is quite an infusion of talent there. Pitt still has one scholarship remaining for the upcoming season. They are still in the running for 6-10 C Adama Sanogo.

                          -


                          Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 04-28-2020, 07:48 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Let's take a few minutes here and get ourselves caught up on some Pitt happenings---

                            But I think that we can first extend an ode to the Pittsburgh Pipers basketball team who on this date in 1968 won the first ever ABA title by defeating the New Orleans Buccaneers in game seven of the championship series.

                            After the successful Will Jeffress recruitment, Jeff Capel went right back to work immediately and the Panthers have offered three good shooting guards.

                            -Aminu Mohammed is a 5-star and top 15 nationally ranked player out of DC. He is 6-4 and currently a member of the class of 2021. I watched some film on him and this kid is beyond sensational. He might be tough to land---sort of like asking an in her prime Cindy Crawford out on a date. Good luck!

                            -Malaki Branham is a top 25 6-5 SG from Akron. Also currently a 2021 class member. Watched some tape of him and came to the conclusion that he good. Real good. Some of the crystal baller crowd have him as a home state Buckeye recruit.

                            -Brandon Weston who is a 6-5 two guard out of Brooklyn who is playing high school ball in Chicago. I have seen him ranked anywhere from the top 100 to the top 70 nationally. Good ball player who has that admirable Brooklyn tough demeanor to him. He would likely be Pitt's best chance of landing one of these guys at present. He is willing to reclass and there seems to be genuine interest on both ends here. It certainly does not hurt the Panthers chances that Justin Champagnie and Femi Odukale both hail from Brooklyn. Weston has already posted their pics on his twitter page---which is hopefully a good omen. I see that some of the crystal ballers have him tabbed for Illinois. Weston would be a fine get for Pitt and the best part is that he already is sporting that old cheesy Sean Miller 'stache that he wore so well for his frosh season back in 1987-88.


                            It is great to see that Jeff Capel is re-establishing that old New York Pitt recruiting grounds that once worked so well for the Pitt program. Slam Penny and Femi are already on board as is Max Amadasun. I see that they are talking to several other Big Applers as well. One thing that I have heard why the NYC boys love coming to Pitt so much is that the city of Pittsburgh does a great job of reminding them of a smaller version of New York. They feel right at home here.

                            -
                            Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 05-04-2020, 07:57 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                              Let's take a few minutes here and get ourselves caught up on some Pitt happenings---

                              But I think that we can first extend an ode to the Pittsburgh Pipers basketball team who on this date in 1968 won the first ever ABA title by defeating the New Orleans Buccaneers in game seven of the championship series.

                              After the successful Will Jeffress recruitment, Jeff Capel went right back to work immediately and the Panthers have offered three good shooting guards.

                              -Aminu Mohammed is a 5-star and top 15 nationally ranked player out of DC. He is 6-4 and currently a member of the class of 2021. I watched some film on him and this kid is beyond sensational. He might be tough to land---sort of like asking an in her prime Cindy Crawford out on a date. Good luck!

                              -Malaki Branham is a top 25 6-5 SG from Akron. Also currently a 2021 class member. Watched some tape of him and came to the conclusion that he good. Real good. Some of the crystal baller crowd have him as a home state Buckeye recruit.

                              -Brandon Weston who is a 6-5 two guard out of Brooklyn who is playing high school ball in Chicago. I have seen him ranked anywhere from the top 100 to the top 70 nationally. Good ball player who has that admirable Brooklyn tough demeanor to him. He would likely be Pitt's best chance of landing one of these guys at present. He is willing to reclass and there seems to be genuine interest on both ends here. It certainly does not hurt the Panthers chances that Justin Champagnie and Femi Odukale both hail from Brooklyn. Weston has already posted their pics on his twitter page---which is hopefully a good omen. I see that some of the crystal ballers have him tabbed for Illinois. Weston would be a fine get for Pitt and the best part is that he already is sporting that old cheesy Sean Miller 'stache that he wore so well for his frosh season back in 1987-88.


                              It is great to see that Jeff Capel is re-establishing that old New York Pitt recruiting grounds that once worked so well for the Pitt program. Slam Penny and Femi are already on board as is Max Amadasun. I see that they are talking to several other Big Applers as well. One thing that I have heard why the NYC boys love coming to Pitt so much is that the city of Pittsburgh does a great job of reminding them of a smaller version of New York. They feel right at home here.

                              -
                              Chuk's bailed today. Hit portal.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                                Chuk's bailed today. Hit portal.
                                Chukwuka hasn't been in the fold for quite some time. Missed all of last season with the serious injury, groin I believe. Capel should send Terrell Brown into the portal as well especially if they have a chance at Adama Sanogo and one of those SGs I mentioned above.

                                It needs to be all about talent acquisition down in Oakland.

                                Edit/Add. Adama Sanogo has committed to UCONN today.

                                -
                                Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 05-05-2020, 08:48 PM.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X