Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Devastating loss for Pitt last night in its exhibition versus Gannon. Senior guard Nike Sibande is lost for the season with a torn ACL.

Pitt was already without guard Jamarius Burton (knee) who is expected to miss at least the first month of the regular season.
    Pitt will be a mess again.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Pitt will be a mess again.
      Gonna be a long year in Oakland. ACC football may be a joke. ACC basketball is not.

I suspect this is the swan song for Capel.

Comment

Gonna be a long year in Oakland. ACC football may be a joke. ACC basketball is not.

I suspect this is the swan song for Capel.
        Ithiel Horton arrested for assaulting an officer. When it rains it pours

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Ithiel Horton arrested for assaulting an officer. When it rains it pours
          Aggravated assault on a police officer. Even the Pitt brass won't be of much help on that charge.

Throw his dumb a$$ out of the program.

Comment

• The Citadel 78
            Pitt 63

It was never close

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
              The Citadel 78
              Pitt 63

It was never close
              Does Capel have a job by Dec. 1?

Comment

Does Capel have a job by Dec. 1?

Comment

• Well, must say, that Duke vs. Kentucky game was quite a show last night.

Duke is stacked. Those two (true) freshmen will be unreal this season. If they were that good in their first college game ... can't imagine that team by January.

They also have a legit rim protector and, essentially, a goon/enforcer (John) under the basket. Somewhat rare for Coach K teams.

I thought Kentucky was also very good -- albeit very sloppy. They looked like the prototype copy of a team with several transfers playing together under the bright lights for the first time. That could be a Final Four team once they settle in to their roles a bit better. But, Duke wasn't able to put them away until the final minute. Kentucky kept coming.

Comment

• Was in the intimate gathering at the Pete that witnessed the Pitt / Minnesota contest yesterday. What a frustrating loss for Pitt against the team picked last in the B1G. Wasted an amazing performance by Hughley. Those last four Panther offensive possessions were dreadful. Aside: Former Mercyhurst Laker Danny Ogele played 5 minutes for the Golden Gophers last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                      Was in the intimate gathering at the Pete that witnessed the Pitt / Minnesota contest yesterday. What a frustrating loss for Pitt against the team picked last in the B1G. Wasted an amazing performance by Hughley. Those last four Panther offensive possessions were dreadful. Aside: Former Mercyhurst Laker Danny Ogele played 5 minutes for the Golden Gophers last night.
                      Side note to that ... Minnesota also signed one of last year's most dominant D2 bigs in Northern State's Parker Fox. He unfortunately was injured over the summer and is out for the year.

Comment

• Bobby Mo has no wins. Andy Toole suddenly all gray. That move to the Horizon is looking a bit more difficult than some thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Bobby Mo has no wins. Andy Toole suddenly all gray. That move to the Horizon is looking a bit more difficult than some thought.

I was shocked when he decided to stay there. He had a window there when he was fairly hot and could have left town.

But, is it my memory or do his teams always seem to start terrible and then get rolling?

Comment

I was shocked when he decided to stay there. He had a window there when he was fairly hot and could have left town.

But, is it my memory or do his teams always seem to start terrible and then get rolling?
                            His roster fluctuates too much. He got killed for a few years with grad transfers but also lots of guys who feel they're better than RMU. He also likes to play a tough schedule so that doesn't help the early season record. Looks like this year they're battling injuries. The students there could care less - especially after their #1 sport was almost cut. Wouldn't surprise me if the president gets booed at games.

Toole is a good guy but he's got a good thing going at RMU. About $400k plus a car and who knows whatever perks aren't on record. The most powerful alum/trustee is a good friend. His wife is a senior manager with Dicks HQ so she probably makes some good money too. The school mortgaged its future to build him a new arena. His options have never been great - Siena, Niagara, Manhattan, etc. Surprised Penn State didn't go after him a few years ago.

Comment

• Aaaand another heartbreaking loss for Pitt.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X