Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bballfan03, your starting lineup hits the mark exactly, IMO. That would be my starting 5 until the team further evolves as the season progresses and/or injuries require adjustment. I'm not sure about Tertsea, mostly because I haven't seen him much. However, Tersea is 6'10" but got no minutes after three years at D1 Rhode Island, which suggests to me he may always be that body who looks great in warmups but................... No coach wants a 6'10" to sit and watch unless he just can't produce. You could probably rotate Ogbuagu, Tersea and Dodds at the 5 and it probably won't make much difference offensively. Cisero has to be on the floor at the 4 as the only offensively skilled Big.

Regardless of who you put out there, this is not a talented offensive team. More importantly, there are no pure shooters from last year's returners, which might explain why the frosh SG Clancy from NJ got the starting nod as a shooter. Last year's wins occurred mostly because the team played great D and rebounded and managed to sometimes shoot better than 40% to squeak out a win. If - still an if - this year there is less emphasis on D and rebounding along with a more undisciplined approach to offense, things could get out of hand if not careful.

Comment

• Agree, PSACWatcher, this is not a talented offensive team. Webb will certainly help, though.

I don't take much away from exhibition games. Some players do better than others against the higher-level competition. And the goal for some teams is to build for the season and some teams play specifically to win.

Comment

• Comment

• OLAWOYE and DODDS. have fouled out. BSU getting the calls shooting 13-21 FT while GU is 6-6.

BSU 66. GU. 53. FINAL
          Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-16-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

OLAWOYE and DODDS. have fouled out. BSU getting the calls shooting 13-21 FT while GU is 6-6.

BSU 66. GU. 53. FINAL
            So Gannon scored 54 against a D1 team and 53 against a D2...

27 turnovers!!!!!!!! Remember when people griped at Coach Reillys teams having upper teens?!?!?!?!

Word on street is Webb aggravated foot. No merit to that, just what I heard.

Was nice to see Clancy get some points... negated by only getting 14 on 10 attempts from 3 range.

Gannon was perfect from free throw line (I dont know if Coach Reillys teams ever had a game that they should 100%), but they only had 8 of them compared to Bowies 36.

Comment

• 36-8 in free throw attempts is ridiculous. Obviously the difference in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                36-8 in free throw attempts is ridiculous. Obviously the difference in the game.
                27-14 TOs doesn't help

Comment

• Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                  36-8 in free throw attempts is ridiculous. Obviously the difference in the game.
                  It's ridiculous because of officials or because one team fouled more than the other? The simple free throw disparity is hard to pin on officials without actually seeing the game. Are fouls supposed to be equal?

I always reserve judgment on FT disparity when I don't see the game. I typically look at three point attempts (about equal). A team that shoots more threes should be fouled less. I also look at offensive rebounds (Gannon 14-8). A team that gets a lot of offensive rebounds usually gets fouled more because they are shooting short shots and are usually contested against someone out of position. So those too numbers make the FT disparity look a little more officials-based.

Anyhow, 66-53 is pretty close to a score from the previous regime. So is the 36-23 rebounding advantage! And 27 turnovers. All that said, I am super-excited to see how the team looks on Saturday. But we're screwed if Webb can't play much or at all this year.

Comment

• Others on the board follow football more than I do (meaning you do more than glance at the scores), but Gannon has just announced that their football coach has stepped down to take on an athletic administration role.

Comment

• spoke with Jim and, although he intended to have the Gannon blog back up, he has decided probably not this season as he wants to make changes to it and doesn't have the time needed to do it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
                        spoke with Jim and, although he intended to have the Gannon blog back up, he has decided probably not this season as he wants to make changes to it and doesn't have the time needed to do it now.
                        I will miss the blog, but at least we have this site to talk GU hoops!

Comment

• Comment

• Reilly's teams would've made the free throws!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Reilly's teams would've made the free throws!
                              Slocum's teams would have made the free throws. They were regulars in the top 20 nationally from the stripe.

Comment

• I wasn't at the game today, but so far, an encouraging start. Almost beating a good WCU team and actually beating a decent Millersville team gives me hope. Not making any NCAA plans right now, but this season may keep my attention.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X