Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, him being present means he wasn't in the Covid protocol. When that happens they aren't allowed near the team. It was just odd they stated 'first four games'. Usually with an injury it is hard to give such a firm diagnosis/length. I know he's a high character young man so I surely wouldn't think it was a suspension.

You're right, though. Injuries in D2 basketball are brutal. Teams don't have the depth like D1 rosters do. Many times on this level you go from a scholarship player to a walk-on being elevated in to the rotation. I know the 'next man up' cliche ... but in D2 the 'next man up' is almost always a significant downgrade.

Comment

• Updated PSAC EAST standings (Men's):
      SCHOOL RECORD
      Millersville 4-0
      West Chester 3-0
      Lock Haven 2-0
      Shepherd 3-1
      Shippensburg 2-1
      Kutztown 1-3
      Bloomsburg 0-2
      East Stroudsburg 0-3
      Mansfield 0-4

Comment

Updated PSAC EAST standings (Men's):
        SCHOOL RECORD
        Millersville 4-0
        West Chester 3-0
        Lock Haven 2-0
        Shepherd 3-1
        Shippensburg 2-1
        Kutztown 1-3
        Bloomsburg 0-2
        East Stroudsburg 0-3
        Mansfield 0-4
        Shocking in those standings is ESU at 0-3 and Millersville 4-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Shocking in those standings is ESU at 0-3 and Millersville 4-0.
          Millersville is loaded - strong guards and bigs. They will be a very tough out.

Comment

• But your point about ESU is well taken. That's an awfully good 0-3 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
              But your point about ESU is well taken. That's an awfully good 0-3 team.
              Leads me to believe Slippery Rock must be fairly decent. They were beat up health-wise the first couple games with some key guys out.

Comment

• The 'Ville is going to be a problem in the East. Deep. Big. Experienced. Athletic. Good guards. Lot of muscle underneath.

They look like an NCAA caliber team.

Comment

The 'Ville is going to be a problem in the East. Deep. Big. Experienced. Athletic. Good guards. Lot of muscle underneath.

They look like an NCAA caliber team.
                  Good team. I'm not a fan of their coach.

Comment

• Ship game with Virginia State on Sunday canceled due to Covid. Apparently it's VSU's problem as the release says Ship was unable to locate another opponent for Sunday. And so it begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                      Ship game with Virginia State on Sunday canceled due to Covid. Apparently it's VSU's problem as the release says Ship was unable to locate another opponent for Sunday. And so it begins.
                      I have a sense that the possibility of repeating the No POs like '19-'20 is well below 50%. If teams aren't available, I think they may be passed over in favor of the next best team from that league. Beyond the fatigue factor, I think there are too many programs that are working hard at avoiding the pitfalls to penalize them for the few that are not successful. Could be way wrong, but time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I have a sense that the possibility of repeating the No POs like '19-'20 is well below 50%. If teams aren't available, I think they may be passed over in favor of the next best team from that league. Beyond the fatigue factor, I think there are too many programs that are working hard at avoiding the pitfalls to penalize them for the few that are not successful. Could be way wrong, but time will tell.
                        If you want to see a game in person .... go quickly.
                        I'd be willing to bet the PSAC closes its door to fans within a week or so.

Comment

Wouldn't be a shock. Hoping the Ship-Seton Hill game will come off Wednesday.

Comment

That will suck!

Comment

• Shippensburg women's game scheduled at Millersville Saturday has been postponed due to Covid. Men's team is still scheduled to play and game time has been moved up to 1 p.m. So far, the Ship women's and men's games against Seton Hill Wednesday are still on.

Comment

• Shippensburg women's game with Seton Hill tonight (Dec. 5) is postponed due to Covid. So far the men's game is still on at 8 p.m. That's both of our women's games postponed this week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X