Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shippensburg 69, Lock Haven 58 final. Biss looked like the old version today with 21 points. However, Carter went out with a shoulder injury early and didn't return. That would hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Shippensburg 69, Lock Haven 58 final. Biss looked like the old version today with 21 points. However, Carter went out with a shoulder injury early and didn't return. That would hurt.

Comment

• Carter did something to that shoulder. Nowhere to be seen tonight.

Raiders trail 61-51 to Kutztown with 7:44 left.

Comment

• Shippensburg comes all the way back from 17 down, ties it with 5 seconds left on a Biss jumper. Kutztown's Bryant takes it the length of the floor, gets fouled with 0:00.2 left and hits his first foul shot for a 69-68 win.

Comment

Carter did something to that shoulder. Nowhere to be seen tonight.

Raiders trail 61-51 to Kutztown with 7:44 left.
            Obviously could completely change the complexion of the season if he is out for any length of time. Makes an already thin rotation even thinner and takes out one of the leading scorers.

Comment

• ESU dealt a big blow to West Chester last night, but I worry that shooting woes will continue for a team that needs 3 point shots to open up the spacing on the floor. Justin Paz led ESU last night with a mix of 3 balls and driving layups for 17 points. Carlos Pepin was 2 rebounds shy of his 3rd straight double-double. ESU has a tough mid-week road trip to WV tomorrow, then Shippensburg comes to Koehler Fieldhouse, possibly for 1st place in the East!
              Last edited by WarriorVoice; 01-25-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                ESU dealt a big blow to West Chester last night, but I worry that shooting woes will continue for a team that needs 3 point shots to open up the spacing on the floor. Justin Paz led ESU last night with a mix of 3 balls and driving layups for 17 points. Carlos Pepin was 2 rebounds shy of his 3rd straight double-double. ESU has a tough mid-week road trip to WV tomorrow, then Shippensburg comes to Koehler Fieldhouse, possibly for 1st place in the East!
                If Carter doesn't return for Ship, I give the nod to ESU as the favorite the rest of the way in the East. Ship likely does not have the size or depth to contend with ESU without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If Carter doesn't return for Ship, I give the nod to ESU as the favorite the rest of the way in the East. Ship likely does not have the size or depth to contend with ESU without him.
                  How did he get hurt? Was it a collarbone you think?

I know it's sports and it happens ... but I'm getting real tired of these freaking injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

How did he get hurt? Was it a collarbone you think?

I know it's sports and it happens ... but I'm getting real tired of these freaking injuries.

Comment

• Without Carter, this is essentially a six-man rotation, with Dunn the only regular contributor off the bench. Fite has been trying to get Satchel Ball and Youssef Diabate some minutes, but it remains to be seen if they can fit in positively. Ball has gotten three shots off in 20 minutes, Diabate three in 29 minutes. Not particularly encouraging.

Add the fact that Nedrow and Sleva are both barely clearing 50% at the line, and the team is shooting 35.2% outside the arc.

It's no way to go into the second go-round through the East.
                      Last edited by jrshooter; 01-26-2022, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Without Carter, this is essentially a six-man rotation, with Dunn the only regular contributor off the bench. Fite has been trying to get Satchel Ball and Youssef Diabate some minutes, but it remains to be seen if they can fit in positively. Ball has gotten three shots off in 20 minutes, Diabate three in 29 minutes. Not particularly encouraging.

Add the fact that Nedrow and Sleva are both barely clearing 50% at the line, and the team is shooting 35.2% outside the arc.

It's no way to go into the second go-round through the East.
                        I think they'd better win tonight or it could get ugly fast. I don't give them much of a chance at East Stroudsburg if Carter doesn't play, since they dropped one to them even with him in the lineup. I don't understand the FT woes as Sleva and Nedrow haven't been bad at the line in the past, but FTs can be a mental thing.

A big problem now is that if Sleva or Nedrow get in foul trouble, or simply have to take a blow, the lineup gets small very quickly. Dunn is barely over 6 feet. Ball has some length, but is very thin and probably not ready to bang on the boards at this point. If he goes as deep as Recchia and Crespo, both are well under 6 feet, which creates some very difficult matchups against teams with big guards. That's where the injury to Helm, who was starting to show some promise as a combo guard-small forward, has taken a toll.

Ball was a scorer in high school and looked comfortable shooting in the Lock Haven game. They might have to establish him more in the offense.

If you get to the game tonight, you can check the bench to see what Carter's doing. Like you, I think it's going to be a tough second go-round if they don't get him back. There was a lot of success in the first half, but this has always seemed like a delicately-balanced team, not the usual smooth-running Fite machine, and the loss of Carter might upset the applecart.

Comment

• Carter's back (although not doing much), but Nedrow is out.

Yet, the big takeaway tonight is Rashon Johnson playing like he's 6-8. 23 points and 14 boards with 8 minutes left. Ship up 73-55 on Bloomsburg.

Comment

• Johnson 24 and 15 rebounds in Ship's 90-64 win. Biss adds 19, Hardy 16.

Comment

Carter's back (although not doing much), but Nedrow is out.

Yet, the big takeaway tonight is Rashon Johnson playing like he's 6-8. 23 points and 14 boards with 8 minutes left. Ship up 73-55 on Bloomsburg.
                              I thought in their game at Indiana he was fantastic. At times, the best player in the building.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I thought in their game at Indiana he was fantastic. At times, the best player in the building.
                                Johnson is something else, but unless they have both Carter and Nedrow at something approaching normal Saturday they'll have horrible matchup problems against East Stroud.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X