Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship up 39-28 on Kutztown at the break. Biss 11, Kiyon Hardy 10 on Senior Day. Wesley Butler has just 4 points for the Bears.

Comment

• Ship wins 79-59, but will remain the East third seed after ESU's 100-95 victory at West Chester.

Comment

• I think Lock Haven forget they have another game on Monday. Good Lord.

Comment

• Kutztown MBB was absolutely atrocious to watch today. It feels like they couldn't even execute simple passes at times. Bernie needs to change up how and who he recruits. If it still doesn't improve, then he needs to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            Ship wins 79-59, but will remain the East third seed after ESU's 100-95 victory at West Chester.
            That loss at Kutztown was a big blow for Ship. Kutztown without Moe Williams is simply not that great a team.

Comment

• I swear, I can't remember the last time I saw a team (Kutztown) so determined to just try to beat everyone off the dribble, whether they could or not.

I was right in the middle of 50-some Kiyon Hardy family and friends. I should have asked for one of the T-shirts.

Incidentally, Ship, did you notice no Ariel Jones in Senior Day ceremonies? I guess she's coming back next year ...

Comment

• Lock Haven at Shippensburg, women/men doubleheader on Monday night.

Comment

I swear, I can't remember the last time I saw a team (Kutztown) so determined to just try to beat everyone off the dribble, whether they could or not.

I was right in the middle of 50-some Kiyon Hardy family and friends. I should have asked for one of the T-shirts.

Incidentally, Ship, did you notice no Ariel Jones in Senior Day ceremonies? I guess she's coming back next year ...
                  Yes, I also noticed the men with redshirt junior eligibility this year were not in the men's ceremony, which I took that as a hopeful sign. We should try and import that Hardy rooting group every year. They were great.

Comment

• Justice (Mansfield) entered portal today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Justice (Mansfield) entered portal today.
                      That's too bad. It's getting hard for a coach to keep a team together at some of these schools. That young man can score, but his next coach might ask him to play a bit more defense than he does at Mansfield.

Comment

• Well, it feels like tonight is the first night where Biss and Hardy could be closing out their career. (Yes, I know Monday night, but anyway.) Only way I can see Ship extending its season is by at least reaching the conference final. It'll take all they have to get through tonight.

Comment

• After East Stroudsburg shoots 68 percent in the first half, Ship delivers a defensive clinic after the break and wins going away, 86-74. The Warriors had only 9 points in the first 11 minutes of the second half.

19 each for Biss and Carter, 17 each for Johnson and Hardy, 14 for Sleva. The starters play 183 of the 200 minutes, take 52 of the 53 shots. Pepin 25 in defeat off 11-for-13 shooting.
                          Last edited by jrshooter; 03-02-2022, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Saturday's semifinals at IUP:

Millersville vs. Mercyhurst, 1 p.m.

Shippensburg vs. IUP, 3:30 p.m.

Comment

After East Stroudsburg shoots 68 percent in the first half, Ship delivers a defensive clinic after the break and wins going away, 86-74. The Warriors had only 9 points in the first 11 minutes of the second half.

19 each for Biss and Carter, 17 each for Johnson and Hardy, 14 for Sleva. The starters play 183 of the 200 minutes, take 52 of the 53 shots. Pepin 25 in defeat off 11-for-13 shooting.
                              For all the minutes the starters played, Ship at times seemed to look like the fresher team. It's funny because ESU usually presses, but the one game they won of the three played this year was actually a tight half-court affair. All five Ship starters move pretty well, so I think they're very comfortable playing the full-court game. Wilson didn't even try to turn up the ESU press much.

From what I've seen of ESU in recent years, I've felt their style is feast or famine. When they get a wild, uptempo game going and can grind down the opposition with depth they can really run it up. But I also think their constant rotation of players sometimes gets them out of their offensive rhythm. Pepin sat for a while in the second half, which I really didn't understand as he wasn't in foul trouble at that point and was by far their most effective player in the first half. But that seems to be the system there.

Comment

• Rim defense was the issue last night for ESU, as they displayed very little of it. They allowed too many easy looks at the basket. I don't believe I've ever seen a box score where 7 players play, only the 5 starters score, and they all range from 14 to 19 points. Kudos to a very good team. The weekend should be very entertaining!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X