Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Oh, IUP, it was fugly.
    Hard to understand how they've been so erratic on offense this year. Problem is they're basically five players without much of a bench at this point and it's hard to win if 1-2 guys are off. I'm starting to get worried about how this season will finish, and I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on them at West Chester this week.

Comment

• They used Dunn, Satchel Ball and even Anthony Recchia to cover Biss' first-half minutes, and none contributed much of anything.

Comment

They used Dunn, Satchel Ball and even Anthony Recchia to cover Biss' first-half minutes, and none contributed much of anything.
        Something has been slightly off about Biss this season. Some games he resembles the Biss of the past two seasons and other games he doesn't seem to have it. Whatever it is, it's hard for Ship to win at this point when he spends a lot of minutes on the bench.

Comment

• Word is that Fite was none too happy with Biss and Hardy being whistled for two fouls each in the first five minutes. Regardless, too many people didn't step up yesterday.

Comment

Word is that Fite was none too happy with Biss and Hardy being whistled for two fouls each in the first five minutes. Regardless, too many people didn't step up yesterday.

Comment

Word is that Fite was none too happy with Biss and Hardy being whistled for two fouls each in the first five minutes. Regardless, too many people didn't step up yesterday.
              No coach would be happy with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No coach would be happy with that!
                I'm not a big fan of refs blowing early whistles (unless, obviously, there's a flagrant hack) until there is time to develop some sense of how the teams are going to play. Anyone who has watched a lot of basketball should get something of an idea after five minutes or so. Ringing up early fouls on star players, especially in a PSAC where so many teams are thin in reserves this year, can change the entire trajectory of the game, and referees should do this as little as possible. It certainly has both benefitted and hurt Ship this season. Even though East Stroud is one of the deeper teams in our division, I thought Ship could a break when Pepin got rung up for a couple of early fouls at ESU. He is one of their keys. On Saturday, it obviously went against us as we quickly go from two excellent veteran guards to three freshmen, only one of whom has seen significant minutes this season. A lot of how Ship's season (and that of others i'm sure) finishes will depend on the way the games are called.

Comment

• Sometimes, you hit a moment where you wonder if a team can recover from it.

9:49 into the game, Shippensburg led 22-8 at West Chester. Eight minutes later, they were down 36-24. I won't do the math; it would be too painful.

WCU spent the last three minutes of that run hitting bombs and dancing with delight back on defense.

It's 36-27 at the half. I do not know if the Raiders can bring this back.

Comment

• West Chester just finished the first half with a 28-5 run to lead Shippensburg 36-27. Bloomsburg also had a run of their own to lead Mansfield by 11 at the half. These last two weeks are gonna be wild!

Comment

• Bloom 78 Mansfield 74 Mansfield hasn't won an away game all year.

Smith only 22 points. Watching him on the bench during a timeout, he never looked at the coach.

Comment

• LOL ... OK, the Raiders are resilient. They tied it at 53; it's now 55-53 WCU with 8:25 left. The Rams are still physically pushing them around, though.

(P.S. I can't say enough about the Rams' even-handed broadcasting team.)

Comment

• West Chester with the ball and a 71-70 lead, 46 seconds left. Ship's now 11-for-23 from the foul line, but somehow continues to hang in there.

Comment

• Final 5-footer from Rashon Johnson rolls off the rim, and West Chester wins 71-70. Dade and Manigo really came through.

Fite and Blair traded some angry words after the final buzzer.

Comment

Final 5-footer from Rashon Johnson rolls off the rim, and West Chester wins 71-70. Dade and Manigo really came through.

Fite and Blair traded some angry words after the final buzzer.
                              Only caught the last 4 mins. What was that all about at the end? Looked like a couple players got held back, too.

Comment

• I don't know specifics, but Ship probably was frustrated getting its defenders backed into the lane all night.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X